Confirmed with Link: Jared Boll signs with Anaheim

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It's gonna be weird to see Boll wearing another jersey than Columbus'. It's not often you can say that about an enforcer. If you're sticking with the same franchise for 11 years, and also wear the "A" for three seasons, you're doing something right besides just fighting. With that said, Boll was better five years ago.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
The skill player played tougher and less scared because of the prescene of tough players. Players like Boll help players like Perry, Kesler, Wagner and Garbutt because now they can agitate the other teams without fear of getting attacked

That is wrong. Nobody shies away from star players because of guys like Boll. Everybody wants to still get under star players' skin, especially when they have a relatively short fuse like our's. If a guy like Boll is going to respond by instigating a fight over it later and make it a power play on top, that's just a double-whammy in today's game. Those rationalizations just aren't there any longer. There's nothing left to support those ideas.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Garbutt + Wagner + Boll

5 minutes a game

I hope we have 3 solid lines to run

BM needs to bring in a Landeskog/Duchene type guy for Fowler

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
That is wrong. Nobody shies away from star players because of guys like Boll. Everybody wants to still get under star players' skin, especially when they have a relatively short fuse like our's. If a guy like Boll is going to respond by instigating a fight over it later and make it a power play on top, that's just a double-whammy in today's game. Those rationalizations just aren't there any longer. There's nothing left to support those ideas.
All both of us can go by is quotes by NHL players
When you have a player like Boll out there you play bigger.
Carlyle unlike BB uses players like this in a different way so we'll see

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Garbutt + Wagner + Boll

5 minutes a game

I hope we have 3 solid lines to run

BM needs to bring in a Landeskog/Duchene type guy for Fowler

It would suck for Garbutt and Wagner to be limited like that just because of the third wheel. But as I said on the mainboard thread, I'm holding out some hope that Randy will look at the matchups, and refrain from playing him against teams without enforcers of their own, unless Boll really earns it to the degree he can be trusted to play more minutes, which I find less likely.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This reminds me of Edmonton fans, who think Lucic is going to protect their special little kid McDavid. Lucic isn't that player anymore, and they're in for a surprise if they think teams are going to let up on McDavid.

The same applies here. No one is going to avoid taking a run at our best players because we have Boll. They know there is nothing he can do. And if they can draw him into doing something stupid, that will just encourage them.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
This reminds me of Edmonton fans, who think Lucic is going to protect their special little kid McDavid. Lucic isn't that player anymore, and they're in for a surprise if they think teams are going to let up on McDavid.

The same applies here. No one is going to avoid taking a run at our best players because we have Boll. They know there is nothing he can do. And if they can draw him into doing something stupid, that will just encourage them.

Agreed. Remember when the rookie Manson wrecked the big tough guy Lucic :laugh:

Lucic isn't going to "protect" McDavid from anyone.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
One enforcer was signed by a Carlyle coached team to play on the 4th line. Wow very shocking

Not shocked. But disappointed? You bet. Boll isn't going to contribute much of anything, except some penalty minutes.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
All both of us can go by is quotes by NHL players
When you have a player like Boll out there you play bigger.
Carlyle unlike BB uses players like this in a different way so we'll see

And media quotes don't mean very much. Most enforcers are still good guys, and are part of a room, so of course the other guys play up what they mean to the team as a whole. Nobody is actually playing bigger because of Boll sitting on the bench. Either a player is a bit of a coward to begin with, in which case having Boll pay retribution isn't saving the initial pain, or one isn't.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I'm in the minority, but I don't mind this signing. He's a good fit on our 4th line with Wagner and Garbutt.

Now we hope a team pays a king's ransom for Fowler.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
This is essentially Tim Jackman or Brad May signing he will be used as needed. Not sure why everyone is in such an uproar

That's pretty agreeable on the Jackman thing, at least, yet still generous to his playing ability - if it does shake out that way. Carlyle overdid it a fair bit with the tough guys in Toronto, though, so I can see why some fans would be concerned.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I'm in the minority, but I don't mind this signing. He's a good fit on our 4th line with Wagner and Garbutt.

Now we hope a team pays a king's ransom for Fowler.

That's the point we all knew Anaheim need an enforcer for the 4th line.
The Fowler trade is what everyone should be concerned about

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
This is essentially Tim Jackman or Brad May signing he will be used as needed. Not sure why everyone is in such an uproar

the difference between Jackman,May and Boll is the cost. Boll is getting close to a million for two years while Jackman and May were getting deals below 700k

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I always liked Boll, he at least makes a physical impact when he's on the ice, which is all you can ask of a 4th liner. Whether he's digressed in the last couple of seasons I don't know.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
That's pretty agreeable on the Jackman thing, at least, yet still generous to his playing ability - if it does shake out that way. Carlyle overdid it a fair bit with the tough guys in Toronto, though, so I can see why some fans would be concerned.
It was only one year and they actually made the playoffs that year

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012

Yea I guess we'll see if Carlyle learned much..

I'd rather stick a kid on 4th line Rw than Boll.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's the point we all knew Anaheim need an enforcer for the 4th line.
The Fowler trade is what everyone should be concerned about

There's room enough to be concerned for both, especially with all the extra salary Anaheim seems to be spending on players unnecessarily. This just adds to it. For a player that, I hope, only plays 20-30 games, 40 max, this isn't an investment I like.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
4kXNS9J.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad