Confirmed with Link: Jared Boll signs with Anaheim

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Boll was a decent NHL'er a couple years ago. He hasn't been since, and he'll have to show he can still be that to earn a roster spot, so I hope it's another two way deal.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
That's more than I hoped. Didn't need a 2nd year, especially with it being a one-way deal. Although I do think he'll be a healthy scratch on a regular basis, and for that he isn't far overpaid.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
What is everyone's fascination with Maroon? Dude was invisible and flat out lazy at times. I remember seeing him dogging it at times in training camp..

Maroon couldn't really figure out his niche.. It's like when he was with the twins, he could keep up at times.. But he's just a brutal skater

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
this is GARBAGE.

This guy freaking sucks on the ice. We're so freaking strapped for cash that we can't re-sign a great winger for Getzlaf, but we can give this healthy scratch 2 years @900k? **** Murray.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What is everyone's fascination with Maroon? Dude was invisible and flat out lazy at times. I remember seeing him dogging it at times in training camp..

Maroon couldn't really figure out his niche.. It's like when he was with the twins, he could keep up at times.. But he's just a brutal skater

Maroon wasn't good his last year here, but he was still a decent hockey player. Boll is terrible. This ensures that our 4th line gets 3 minutes a game.

This guy should be signed to a 2 way deal, and he gets nearly 1 million, when we're so strapped for cash? GTFO.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Because we're just overflowing with options to play with the twins right now?

Fact is Maroon is at least capable of playing 12 minutes anywhere in the lineup and producing. Boll isn't.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Maroon wasn't good his last year here, but he was still a decent hockey player. Boll is terrible. This ensures that our 4th line gets 3 minutes a game.

This guy should be signed to a 2 way deal, and he gets nearly 1 million, when we're so strapped for cash? GTFO.

Lol 200k less wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
sure, but we know Boll isn't scoring goals or playing hockey. so what's the reasoning in giving Boll that much plus giving him a two year deal?

Did you even watch the Ducks during Carlyles last tenure?
The skill player played tougher and less scared because of the prescene of tough players. Players like Boll help players like Perry, Kesler, Wagner and Garbutt because now they can agitate the other teams without fear of getting attacked

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Lol 200k less wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Typical Murray excuse.

"it's only 500k retention on Maroon"

"The Fistric buy out doesn't cost much"

Sorry, but these small amounts add up. When we can't compete with 3.7 million for Perron, it's time to start calling **** moves like these out.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Did you even watch the Ducks during Carlyles last tenure?
The skill player played tougher and less scared because of the prescene of tough players. Players like Boll help players like Perry, Kesler, Wagner and Garbutt because now they can agitate the other teams without fear of getting attacked

Do you really think those players are scared of getting attacked? :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
But it isn't Boll vs Maroon. Never has been.

it's about our GM having some decent vision. He panicked and retained on a far inferior player in Maroon, and now he gives this AHL enforcer 900k a season? It should be ridiculously obvious that fighters, who can play have value.

It's just very frustrating to have a GM that can't see beyond one season. Most of the people will chalk it up to "not that big of a deal" because it's not a giant overpayment. However, I call BS when we keep seeing things like this, and then we can't afford to pay a needed player decent money. Small things like this are why. He's clueless.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Typical Murray excuse.

"it's only 500k retention on Maroon"

"The Fistric buy out doesn't cost much"

Sorry, but these small amounts add up. When we can't compete with 3.7 million for Perron, it's time to start calling **** moves like these out.

You realize Murray could just be posturing about Perron? Easy way out was to blame the RFA contracts. You never know what happens in those negotiations. No GM makes perfect moves, but more often than not, Murray handles business

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad