Post-Game Talk: Jake "All-in" for an NFL-type score!

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Hard to say. He did lots of goods so far. He had to clean up Bergevin's mistakes, and ther is still lots to clean up. Injuries are the biggest factor to why this team stalled this season. And I am still not convinced that MSL was the type of (rookie) headcoach to hire to do the job.

Habs actually dominated the BLues on 5 vs 5 chances (Stats on twitter).

THe issue is:

1) Undiscipline
2) Special teams - Now more the PK

No.2 is easy to fix, Fire BUrrows has we have said here for 2 years straight, and bring in a solid special teams coach. N0.1 is also down to age. Very young roster on the backend.

Its really not THAT bad :)

Jul 6, 2016
Harris is day to day.

Matheson
Savard
Struble
Kovacevic
Xhekaj
Harris

They won't call anybody up long term. Even if Guhle is out long term, they don't need to at the moment.

And once Gallagher comes back Thursday, they will send Roy back down.
Maybe not. Habs had only 12 healthy forwards today. Gally in, and Ylonen out again as #13 forward ????

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
3 years spent undoing MB's work, and drafting. What did you expect?
So far I give him a solid A, great work undoing a total disaster with little wiggle room.

We have a legit top line for the first time in a long time.

But now comes the hard part. The habs need more than anything a star forward. Lets see if he can find a way to get that done, either through trade or through drafting.

Newhook - Dach - Reinhart for example as a second line, really would change the look of the team.

Lets see if he can get that done. 1-2 top end players.

Jul 6, 2016

THe issue is:

1) Undiscipline

No.2 is easy to fix, Fire BUrrows has we have said here for 2 years straight, and bring in a solid special teams coach. N0.1 is also down to age. Very young roster on the backend.

Fire MSL and bring a professional head coach .

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021

THe issue is:

1) Undiscipline

Goaltending isn’t helping either.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Martineau echoing what several here have been saying — the PowerDonkey has become invisible.

No point trading him now. His value must be waaaaay down.

I have never been a fan, huge guy who can fly but perimeter player. Doesn't go to the front of the net, doesn't attack the middle, doesn't like the boards. Can't hit a barn with his shot and when he goes is straight at the goalie. His reputation has always been much greater than his actual play.

Goaltending isn’t helping either.
Monty is a legitimate #1 at this point. Imagine he had a proper team in front of him.

The issue is the reluctance to get rid of Allen. SHould have taken whatever offer you had early in the season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't know what the hell they do with Allen at this point.

Luckily the team doesn't really need the cap space this season.

Reactions: Runner77

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I don't know what the hell they do with Allen at this point.

Luckily the team doesn't really need the cap space this season.
Hughes is the king of asset management, so he doesn't want to waive him and risk losing him but tbh ... they have completely killed Primeau. There have been periods of games where he has looked tremendous, but the consistency isn't there and tbh how can you fault him.

Even waiving Allen 2 months ago would have been better than this.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I ended up watching some of this.

I waited a bit and I can still safely say... LOL at being concerned about losing Primeau and Ylonen on waivers.

Should have traded Allen if anyone was willing to take his contract on without retention.

If that shot on the 3rd goal that was disallowed wasn't tipped, that's a bs call. If it was tipped and that isn't considered a "new shot" that's bs.

If it was tipped and it's considered a new shot, then fair call.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Then why have Xhekaj in the pressbox knowing STL loves that stuff?

qe1gsc6ut8g71.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad