Post-Game Talk: Jake "All-in" for an NFL-type score!

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I feel that once a club has acquired a first over-all pick, any tank is over and the re-build commences. Hate the concept of tanking anyway but to do it for more than 1 season is undignified and dishonest

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
What I want to know is if Anderson and company have been told to tone down the physicallity or if it's of his own volition? If he was told, change coach. If he chose to play soft, trade Anderson

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Imagine paying hundreds of dollars to take your family to go watch that live. Lol
meh, at this point, folks ought to be aware of the risk in shelling out hundreds of bucks to catch a rebuilding team play against a well-seasoned one. If they're still willing to cough up for admission and end up seeing a lackluster performance by the Habs, well, that's just how puck bounces. I am sure they sill made an event out of going to the BC so I am not overly saddened for them.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Every single Habs player who did f*** all to respond to Guhle/Harris should be embarrassed.

Why bother watching this team get bullied every night when the players don't care?

Honestly, if there's one thing that will get me to stop watching it's not losing it's being pathetically soft and the league's punching bag.
Another reason to have X in there instead of Harris

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We don't need to tank , we are already very close to 5th worst in the league.

That should be enough for decent odds at a top 3 lottery pick and worst case another very good forward to add to the group.

I'm happy with this season so far based on where the team is heading. Would be nice if Hughes can pull of a picks / players trade for another Dach type forward.

Would be very interesting to see that type of team healthy and surrounded by good vets.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I feel that once a club has acquired a first over-all pick, any tank is over and the re-build commences. Hate the concept of tanking anyway but to do it for more than 1 season is undignified and dishonest

The tank part was forced on the habs when they lost 3 core peices in the 2021 offseason with nothing coming back in return.

Then MB doubled down and continued to make "win now" kind of moves.

It was never going to be a one season job when you look at the circumstance hughes was brought into.

You can call it tank, rebuild or both, but it all falls under the development part of the competitive cycle. Hughes moves have been fairly consistent from the beginning. Acquire draft picks and perhaps undervalued youngsters from other teams, or veterans on expiring days that can turn to another future peice.

I think we are starting to see what a top 6 might look like moving forward. Slaf, Suzuki, caufield, dach. Perhaps newhook although I'm not completely sold. Maybe roy one day, but there seems to be 4 solid peices in place for now.

The defense is the clear strength of the pipeline but its less of a known commodity at this point with the habs main roster full of rookies and sophomores, and some of the most interesting prospects are still coming.

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don’t honestly know who’s got their collective heads up their asses, but whoever is contemplating to continue to scratch Axeman needs to come up for air!!!!
I am afraid it's the coach. People get me wrong... I am not expecting Habs to be winning now. But I refuse to accept team being punching bag year after year after year. With same bullshit mistakes and approach continuing to take place. I can guaranteed that Anderson doesn't play like he does now under Tocchet. He either competes every f***ing shit or he sits. Same goes for the other floaters who are there only to collect paycheck.

Coaching matters. Even when team isn't expected to make playoffs coaching matters. Playing full f***ing 60 minutes matters. Fixing PK that is absolutely atrocious matters. Standing up for your teammates matters a lot. f***. This is so frustrating. I can't believe people defend St. Louis.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
MSL sound bite : “ce n’etait pas notre journee “. Sigh. He’s gotta go.
We're not even at the half way point of our rebuilt. He knows it, HuGo knows it. He's not going anywhere until at least the end of next season, probably more.

What was he supposed to do, throw Allen and Struble under the bus?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad