Post-Game Talk: Jake "All-in" for an NFL-type score!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I am afraid it's the coach. People get me wrong... I am not expecting Habs to be winning now. But I refuse to accept team being punching bag year after year after year. With same bullshit mistakes and approach continuing to take place. I can guaranteed that Anderson doesn't play like he does now under Tocchet. He either competes every f***ing shit or he sits. Same goes for the other floaters who are there only to collect paycheck.

Coaching matters. Even when team isn't expected to make playoffs coaching matters. Playing full f***ing 60 minutes matters. Fixing PK that is absolutely atrocious matters. Standing up for your teammates matters a lot. f***. This is so frustrating. I can't believe people defend St. Louis.
I get the frustration with this team, but he just doesnt have the horses to get anything done!

Contrary to you, I'd say most guys on the team compete a lot more than I'd expect them to, given the way this season has gone. Outside of Allen, everyone competed today. Anderson plays like GARBAGE, but I wouldn't say he's floating. Just bad. Same with Evans, he's not floating, he's just terribad.

Even Armia is playing some of his best hockey ever in Mtl ffs, incredible. Just not an NHLer.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'd like to thank MSL for tanking Allen's trade value , for no apparent reason.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What a wallop!

0HzBZOC.gif

Not quite the same, right Marty?

dtIDbcA.gif

Hopefully, this was one of those games where @ArtPeur found a quick exit!

GlaWXB0.png

Disgust!

MSL with some terrible decision making to literally start the game...........Allen FFS
Struble a human pylon, and Allen proving MSL wrong................
TSN big moement of the game, 25 seconds in.................
The PK today, what to say................wow.

File this one under WTF and start thinking trades and the draft lottery.
We all need to ask the hockey gods, politely for a healthy roster next year, and new PP and PK coaches.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
It's been a little over two years. Hughes had a real mess to clean up. It takes time. Have some patience.
People want a rebuild but don't have the patience. It's "give me what I want now!", just like a petulant child. Plus, you're responding to someone that admittedly doesn't even watch most of the games and spends his time bashing the Habs and management. Most of the time it just seems like trolling 🧌

Reactions: Whalers Fan

durojean

May 29, 2007
I am starting to wonder if Hughes is the right man. It's been 3 years now.
It is a rebuild. 3 years is nothing. We need to be patient. We have at least 2 more years of being bad and our big draft picks are not even in the team yet.

Our biggest problem now are our injured players. I feel like then plan still makes a lot of sense and the team is still going in a good direction. Our lineup is really young still.

Habs actually dominated the BLues on 5 vs 5 chances (Stats on twitter).

THe issue is:

1) Undiscipline
2) Special teams - Now more the PK

No.2 is easy to fix, Fire BUrrows has we have said here for 2 years straight, and bring in a solid special teams coach. N0.1 is also down to age. Very young roster on the backend.

Its really not THAT bad :)
Allen really did not help. 2 goals really fast at the beginning. They were starting to dominate the play in the 2nd and he let go a softie (4th goal) that completely killed any momentum that the team had.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MSL with some terrible decision making to literally start the game...........Allen FFS

We all need to ask the hockey gods, politely for a healthy roster next year, and new PP and PK coaches.
Yeah the youngster Struble had a rough night for sure.
Allen imo is done and should not play another game. Time to let Primeau play a significant amount.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah the youngster Struble had a rough night for sure.
Allen imo is done and should not play another game. Time to let Primeau play a significant amount.
Not the first time this season that Allen is terrible right after being asked by the media about being traded at the morning skate or previous day practice. Not hard to see where the problem is.

Primeau doesn't have half of Allen's mental fortitude, he's going to be toasted out of Montréal in six months next year.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Fire MSL and bring a professional head coach .
Yes a vet like Therrien Julien or Vignault somebody that the boys will rise up to play for , somebody that exudes professionalism and confidence and respect.

I miss our old coaches. really we were so spoiled in the 21st century with an awesome team and awesome coaches its crazy!!! I miss DD , I miss pacio , I miss MT , I miss Julien

At least with them we weren't the joke of the league amirite?? hahahaha ahhh the good old days

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I just hope that with those 2 losses and the fact we've been 26th overall in the standings for weeks, just cement our position as sellers, I know Monahan being traded is a good indication, but I really hope HuGo are down to earth and assess the situation correctly, they did alright so far, but still have flashbacks from the Bergevin era...

Losing Guhle and Harris doesn't help, though, yeah we may call Mailloux, Barron and who knows, Trudeau, but I suppose they probably won't entertain trading Matheson/Savard/Kovacevic now... but then, they traded Monahan while we only had 2 true C left...

Allen became untradeable, and Anderson should have been traded 2 years ago. But it is what it is.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Anderson. Armia. Honestly, Suzuki is the only guy who hasn’t missed time.
I meant this season. Where Dach is missing 80 games, Newhook, Guhle, Harris - key parts of this long, dull, painful rebuild have missed time, while floaters like Anderson, Armia, Gallagher (not counting his getting suspended for being a dumbass), Allen, Evans are all still skating about doing nothing, not part of the future.

The guys we need to be playing and progressing and getting hurt while the ones we can't give away are fine, not getting injuries because they don't play with any sort of intensity.

I honestly forgot Dvorak was still here. Pearson missed some time.

Reactions: jrom

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
This “everyone should be fired” attitude after a loss is such a joke. What the hell do you expect anyone else to do with a rebuilding team? With a team that has had serious injuries over the past 3, 4 years? You know what would happen? Boring games of defensive hockey and they might eke out a few more wins. Big deal. Then they end up with a middle of the pack draft pick. And you all complain that our offensive players are getting stifled because they’re playing a defensive game. They’re basically playing.500 hockey this year. What more were people expecting?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

When a reporter asked MSL if he was concerned about the defensive structure/breakdown in the last two games he said no,then asked which one of the 7 goals he was talking about last game :thumbu:.Get used to this coaching staff its a nice little country club.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This “everyone should be fired” attitude after a loss is such a joke. What the hell do you expect anyone else to do with a rebuilding team? With a team that has had serious injuries over the past 3, 4 years? You know what would happen? Boring games of defensive hockey and they might eke out a few more wins. Big deal. Then they end up with a middle of the pack draft pick. And you all complain that our offensive players are getting stifled because they’re playing a defensive game. They’re basically playing.500 hockey this year. What more were people expecting?

It blows my mind that people are expecting more than what they are seeing.. of course, if they got more than what they are seeing, they'd piss their pants that we were ruining another draft pick that we need to be high.

Basically, they'll complain about anything and ignore context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad