Post-Game Talk: Jake "All-in" for an NFL-type score!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Entire roster being bottom 5 is grossly exagerated but i was just mentioning that watching games back then was way more fun then warching them now for me, but of course if you're not watching it's not the same
Watching games during the Patch/Subban/Markov/Price era was the most fun i had watching this team since 94. I was not only having fun watching the games but i was actually following the team via 24 CH. I was rooting for the team and the players and was cursing the refs etc like a real fefan. I could not care less about the current bunch tbh i'm just actively waiting for the team to get better.

Not a big fan of Suzuki i find him quite vanilla to be honest. He's a lot like Hischier or post cancer Koivu. Not a bad player but that's about it. I like Caufield but i honestly found Patch more exciting to watch with his constant off the rush offence. Caufield will be more effective in playoffs though. Guhle is a good player but not really my type though i thought he would hit more than he does honestly. I like Xhekaj but like Emelin he's more of a depth player for now i'll love him more once we have a good team in front of him for sure. I like Slaf and Dach a lot though hope they will both reach their potential. Hope we can land Cayden Lindstrom next draft,

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What?

Struble, our 22 years old rookie with 21 AHL games and 34 NHL games of experience, had a very rough night. For sure.

To call him a pylon though, shows you're either not watching the games, or very disingenuous.
I watched the game..............he was brutal. No business being on the ice to start the game.....we saw what happened.
I love the guy, not sure what you saw, but I saw brutal
try being honest about it......
Sit him for a game..............or two.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Sure.
Still not a pylon.

Most of us saw Hal Gill play. Gill was a pylon.
Murray Baron was a pylon.
Igor Ulanov.

Struble is young and inexperienced.

I feel the same about Struble as I do about the other dime a dozen soft Dmen the team likes to draft out of University. Serviceable for short periods and expendable. Not a difference-maker either way. I don't think he's a pylon, I just think he's ill suited for the physical play, I've said this since the start .. he's often physically dominated out there. The hit on the weekend could have happened to anyone I don't fault him for that, but he gets exposed a lot.

Jul 6, 2016
I watched the game..............he was brutal. No business being on the ice to start the game.....we saw what happened.
Pretty normal for a rookie out of College where they are playing once a week or twice at the most. And MSL is playing him big minutes, almost 20, on a regular basis. Way too much.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pretty normal for a rookie out of College where they are playing once a week or twice at the most. And MSL is playing him big minutes, almost 20, on a regular basis. Way too much.
It would seem only The Sherriff and Barron have been held accountable......could be time for others, like Struble..............as a fan of MSL, his decisions make me shake my head at times....

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It would seem only The Sherriff and Barron have been held accountable......could be time for others, like Struble..............as a fan of MSL, his decisions make me shake my head at times....
Ho was Barron held accountable. They let him play and make mistakes and finally sent him to the minors.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Agreed with most of that.

Doesn't make him a pylon. A pylon is a guy who can't skate and pivot.

Struble is a young and inexperienced player, one with very good hockey IQ but lower than average pucks kills, that's getting exposed sometimes on a horrible team.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
No wonder our players are getting injured, we are overrun, outmanned cause of this stupid man to man style. St Louis is gonna damage all our young D core for years to come.

Now we see that all the crap we did with our three goalies didn't matter. Allen sucks and he may not be tradeable. And then we have a young goalie in Primeau was badly developed cause he didn't play enough. It was a mistake all around. Trade Allen or Waive him, I don't care. He has to go.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Yes, a rookie with 30 games of experience on a terrible team that's basically icing 1 line, and doing the stupid ménage-à-trois with goalies, should be held accountable. Accountable of what? Not being ready?

Xhekaj is being held accountable for taking stupid penalties all year. That's all there is to it.

Keep shaking your head, might end up screwing it on straight.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No wonder our players are getting injured, we are overrun, outmanned cause of this stupid man to man style. St Louis is gonna damage all our young D core for years to come.

Now we see that all the crap we did with our three goalies didn't matter. Allen sucks and he may not be tradeable. And then we have a young goalie in Primeau was badly developed cause he didn't play enough. It was a mistake all around. Trade Allen or Waive him, I don't care. He has to go.
It’s going to be interesting to see what the report card looks like on Hughes a few years from now. In my opinion he overplayed his hand on Anderson by asking for too much and now we’re stuck with him. If he had a deal in place for Allen, a return would’ve been the least of my worries as well. Dumping him should’ve been the priority. He’s made some good trades but hopefully he doesn’t gain a reputation for trying to look like the smartest guy in the league when it comes to negotiations.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

No structure jekyll & hyde hockey that once again is unwatchable.Maybe Marty should be the one apologizing to the players for his coaching staff's incompetence.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
His inexperience as a NHL coach is glaring and as i stated long ago is starting to affect the rebuild.We don't expect many wins and were not looking at competing this year but the inconsistency from period to period not game to game is obvious .Why was Arber left out of the last game when playing a heavy team ,result,Harris concussed and Guhle with a useless late hit.Like it or not Arber makes players think a little more before taking cheap shots at us.I like Struble but its obvious that the game is naturally catching up to him and a little time in the stands is not a bad thing.

Reactions: 1909 and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
His inexperience as a NHL coach is glaring and as i stated long ago is starting to affect the rebuild.We don't expect many wins and were not looking at competing this year but the inconsistency from period to period not game to game is obvious .Why was Arber left out of the last game when playing a heavy team ,result,Harris concussed and Guhle with a useless late hit.Like it or not Arber makes players think a little more before taking cheap shots at us.I like Struble but its obvious that the game is naturally catching up to him and a little time in the stands is not a bad thing.
Couldn't agree more.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3