Value of: Jacob Trouba's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If he's not willing to sign long term, we wont be getting full value back for him, that's for sure. But it would only get worse with only one year left until UFA.

Jets would be looking at taking back

a good but not blue chip prospect
A 1st or two 2nds
A mediocre veteran

Something like that anyway. Even Karlsson isn't getting Ottawa Heiskanen
Rangers could do this depending on your position preferences, Spooner, DeAngelo, and 2 2nds

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
He wants to go to Detroit, so Winnipeg should either tell him he be paid fairly or go home to a rebuilding team.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He wants to go to Detroit, so Winnipeg should either tell him he be paid fairly or go home to a rebuilding team.

Do people think this or know it? Because Detroit isn’t doing well. Who would go from a top 5 team to bottom 10? Home town discount only goes so far

Reactions: tacogeoff

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's to old for Ken Holland and Detroit :sarcasm:

But if he really wanted to go to Detroit, it's risky, but Detroit likely just waits for UFA. Trading what it would cost for Trouba, imo would screw up what they're building currently in their prospect/young player pool

Reactions: Snowman

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
there are a couple of things that need to be remembered in the trouba discussion.

the jets hold all the cards.

he can sign a contract and be happy about playing on a great team, or.....

he will get a 1 yr arbitration award.

either way he plays for the jets this year.

then he can get all pissy and float around the ice, which only hurts himself in any contract he signs with us or another team.

or he can play great and push us deep into the playoffs again.

all the risk is on him with few options.

floating around on the ice is a good way to get injured, further harming future earnings

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Not gonna lie, living here in Winnipeg I can't believe the Jets mgmt let it get to this with one of their best young players .

rluck135

May 21, 2012
Winnipeg
Not gonna lie, living here in Winnipeg I can't believe the Jets mgmt let it get to this with one of their best young players .
The Jets have a good track record of fair long term deals with their young players. This is squarely on Trouba and his agent. If the Jets cave and paid him more than he is worth it will hurt all future negotiations.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So much speculation...we don't know really what Chevy has let it get to other than arbitration. Maybe they have agreed to let the arbitrator determine value and they ink a long term deal?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Chevy is fair with every contract he has offered to players. Has overpaid on a few too.Think how much of an egregious ask trouba must be making for chevy to go to arbitration.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Chevy is fair with every contract he has offered to players. Has overpaid on a few too.Think how much of an egregious ask trouba must be making for chevy to go to arbitration.
He asked for 7 AAV in arbitration. WPG offered 4. Yes, I know how arbitration works, but im just saying that a long term deal at a little under 7 aav would be a good deal for both.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
He asked for 7 AAV in arbitration. WPG offered 4. Yes, I know how arbitration works, but im just saying that a long term deal at a little under 7 aav would be a good deal for both.
And there is still a pretty good chance that is where they end up on a long term deal.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Sure seems apparent that he wants out and is forcing his hand. You would have to think Chevy knows this and just hasn't had an offer good enough to get rid of him.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
there are a couple of things that need to be remembered in the trouba discussion.

the jets hold all the cards.

he can sign a contract and be happy about playing on a great team, or.....

he will get a 1 yr arbitration award.

either way he plays for the jets this year.

then he can get all pissy and float around the ice, which only hurts himself in any contract he signs with us or another team.

or he can play great and push us deep into the playoffs again.

all the risk is on him with few options.

floating around on the ice is a good way to get injured, further harming future earnings
Not at all guaranteed, especially for the whole year.
I believe the Jets have offered a fair deal and have been rebuffed by Trouba, so if no fair long term deal is going to happen then the Jets will and need to trade him when it is optimal for them. The return may be highest this summer and prior to the start of the year.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Not at all guaranteed, especially for the whole year.
I believe the Jets have offered a fair deal and have been rebuffed by Trouba, so if no fair long term deal is going to happen then the Jets will and need to trade him when it is optimal for them. The return may be highest this summer and prior to the start of the year.

or the trade deadline

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If I were Winnipeg, I'd rather sign Trouba to a bridge deal than a long-term anyway. The guy's only played more than 65 games games once in his 5 year career.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Can you not trade a player for a whole calendar year after you accept a arbitrator’s ruling or am I confusing that with not being able to trade a player for a calendar year after matching a offer sheet for a player

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
If I were Winnipeg, I'd rather sign Trouba to a bridge deal than a long-term anyway. The guy's only played more than 65 games games once in his 5 year career.
A bridge deal for 2 years brings him to free agency, so that isn't good management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad