Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Trouba is so overrated.

He's good but lacks offensive tools.

Solid #3 or 4.

Jets-fans will certainly be dissapointed with the return if he is moved. Nobody is paying a premium for him if it will take north of 7m to lock him up longterm.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I would love to see him moved tonight/tomorrow before the hearing.

I'd offer him 7x7 as a Leaf fan, and I'd be willing to part with a Gardiner + 1st ++.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I can't think of a Winger in the league I'd want to trade Trouba for. Maybe Laine.

Even Ovi. I love Ovi. Fav player not on the Jets. But still, I don't see the advantage for the Jets.

Trades are not made in a vaccuum.

But you got to understand that for everyone else this is absurd, there isn’t only one team in the league. Winnipeg has won one P.O. round in franchise history. Trouba isn’t that great. Sorry.

A high return for Trouba — given his contract situation — is an OK young D with top 4 potential and a 1st. And it could be less than that.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Jets-fans will certainly be dissapointed with the return if he is moved. Nobody is paying a premium for him if it will take north of 7m to lock him up longterm.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We heard the same crapola when we had to trade Kane... and then proceeded to destroy Buffalo in a trade.

If, we have to trade Trouba, we'll get a huge return, no matter how much you fantasize about your team picking him up for cheap, it won't happen. We have a very competent GM.

If Trouba goes on the market, GM's will be falling over each other with offers.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
But you got to understand that for everyone else this is absurd, there isn’t only one team in the league. Winnipeg has won one P.O. round in franchise history. Trouba isn’t that great. Sorry.

A high return for Trouba — given his contract situation — is an OK young D with top 4 potential and a 1st. And it could be less than that.
I take it your team never made the playoffs and you spent the playoff months not watching the teams thatvwere playing. Jets didn't win just one series.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016

But you got to understand your post is absurd, Winnipeg has won more than one P.O. round in their franchise history. You're wrong and I am not sorry.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg

:huh:You have to win 2 rounds to be in the WCF. :laugh:
Pay attention even when your favorite team has been eliminated & you'd know the Jets beat the Wild in 5 before outlasting the Pesident's Cup winning Preds in a hard 7 game series. Trouba was a factor as witnessed by those that watched rather than just look @ offensive stats. :D

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
But you got to understand your post is absurd, Winnipeg has won more than one P.O. round in their franchise history. You're wrong and I am not sorry.

Oh but forgive me, I counted the total number of P.O. rounds won by a franchise wrong by one (1)... ;)

And yes, a claim that there is no winger in the NHL worth Trouba right now is completely and utterly absurd.

Last edited:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Oh but forgive me, I counted the total number of P.O. rounds won by franchise wrong by one (1)... ;)

And yes, a claim that there is no winger in the NHL worth Trouba right now is completely and utterly absurd.
You may find it absurd, but it is true as the Jets have zero need for wingers.

A top pairing RHD is far more valuable to us.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Oh but forgive me, I counted the total number of P.O. rounds won by franchise wrong by one (1)... ;)

You're still incorrect but that is expected right? The value of Trouba has nothing to do with your absurdly wrong post.

Reactions: Oseductive

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You may find it absurd, but it is true as the Jets have zero need for wingers.

A top pairing RHD is far more valuable to us.

Lol, you don’t think you could get a decent D for whatever winger you acquired??

You guys are breaking some kind of record in this thread. You wouldn’t trade Jacob Trouba — with his contract demands — for any single winger in the NHL?

Ooooookkkkiiiii

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Lol, you don’t think you could get a decent D for whatever winger you acquired??

You guys are breaking some kind of record in this thread. You wouldn’t trade Jacob Trouba — with his contract demands — for any single winger in the NHL?

Ooooookkkkiiiii
Unless it’s a three way deal Jets don’t need wingers at all....

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

Ooooookkkkiiiii
How about you go make a winger for decent D man trade and come back and see we'll tell you if that D man is good enough.

We don't want a winger, so you take the risk instead of us.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg

Ooooookkkkiiiii
So you want the Jets to trade a D they'd rather keep for a winger they don't want or need & then turn around & deal said winger for what they wanted in the 1st place just to help out another team? :huh:
If you think that makes more sense than just trading Trouba straight up for what they want in the 1st place you obviously feel even other GMs will risk their job to help your team.
Homerism @ it's worst. :thumbd:

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Oh but forgive me, I counted the total number of P.O. rounds won by a franchise wrong by one (1)... ;)

You didn't count wrong...idiots count wrong. People that make statements about subjects they clearly have no knowledge about make incorrect statements (cause they dont know the subject). So which category do you fall in to?

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
He’s held out, requested a trade and it seems like he hates it in Winnipeg. No way he takes less money to stay there. He’s already shown in the past he’ll hold out and request a trade if he doesn’t get his way. It could get messy for the jets

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I'd do Gardiner + 1st + right to swap 1sts in 2020 + Kapanen + either Rosen or Borgman.
Still not close. Think of a piece you would really, really hate to lose and then depending on who that is and what position they play, add appropriately.
Guys that you couldn't care less about losing won't cut it.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How about you go make a winger for decent D man trade and come back and see we'll tell you if that D man is good enough.

We don't want a winger, so you take the risk instead of us.

So you want the Jets to trade a D they'd rather keep for a winger they don't want or need & then turn around & deal said winger for what they wanted in the 1st place just to help out another team? :huh:
If you think that makes more sense than just trading Trouba straight up for what they want in the 1st place you obviously feel even other GMs will risk their job to help your team.
Homerism @ it's worst. :thumbd:

Stop trying to set records for a notorious section of this place.

Trouba may or may not want out. If it’s the later he could be moved or walk as a UFA. In that scenario a trade is an option. What do you guys think, that people are discussing a Trouba trade if he would sign for 5.5m per for 7 years with Winnipeg? If you had that misconception I can set you straight. If Chevy could lock up Trouba at an acceptable rate Trouba would — of course — not be traded.

Claiming that there isn’t a winger in the entire NHL that you would trade Trouba for in that scenario is plain ridiculous. That or any winger on Winnipeg’s roster could be traded for a D. You think it’s a risk to not get a very good D in return for a winger of choice in the NHL?

I’ve seen a lot at this place but you guys are stretching it. Please, let’s keep some kind of standard at this place.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd do Gardiner + 1st + right to swap 1sts in 2020 + Kapanen + either Rosen or Borgman.
So again nothing of interest to the Jets.
We've been very clear on what is & isn't needed yet some insist on putting the same parts in a different order or add something so small as it doesn't matter.
If you want Trouba offer something the Jets need. Odds are that's something you don't want to give up.
Well, we don't want to give Trouba away & Chevy will only trade him if the Jets price is met.

Even if this goes to arbitration the Jets will opt for 1 year year as that still leaves him RFA. If things were acrimonious that leaves Chevy 2 years to find a suitable deal.
In the meantime the Jets can try different D pairings to see what works as they prepare for life without Trouba. If his TOI & usage suffers that's no skin off Chevy's nose as GMs already know his worth trade wise if he willingly signs there but his contract might suffer with his #s going down. Overhart isn't the only 1 that can play hardball.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Stop trying to set records for a notorious section of this place.

Trouba may or may not want out. If it’s the later he could be moved or walk as a UFA. In that scenario a trade is an option. What do you guys think, that people are discussing a Trouba trade if he would sign for 5.5m per for 7 years with Winnipeg? If you had that misconception I can set you straight. If Chevy could lock up Trouba at an acceptable rate Trouba would — of course — not be traded.

Claiming that there isn’t a winger in the entire NHL that you would trade Trouba for in that scenario is plain ridiculous. That or any winger on Winnipeg’s roster could be traded for a D. You think it’s a risk to not get a very good D in return for a winger of choice in the NHL?

I’ve seen a lot at this place but you guys are stretching it. Please, let’s keep some kind of standard at this place.
Well, stop trying to set records for being notoriously thick.

You can fantasize all you want about the Jets accepting a crap offer for Trouba, because it makes you feel like your team has a chance to acquire Trouba without sacrificing anything. You just need to understand that it is just a fantasy and won't happen in reality. We heard the same stuff with Kane and look how that turned out.

Chevy holds the cards and won't panic and take the first trade that comes along.

So, stop trying to stretch it. Please, lets keep some kind of standard at this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad