Prospect Info: Ives 2021 Draft Final Rankings, Top 96 (3 Rounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021

Ive always gotten the feeling the 'scouts' McKenzie gets are always against the grain of popular belief in, usually, a few shocking ways

I think its for the story. Owen Power is a unanimous #1 but Jack was split with Kakko? MacTavish above three other prospects most lists have top-7? And hes the only one who has Edvinsson this high.

Ive never liked McKenzies lists and think theyre just used to drum up storylines.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
Whelp. That is one way to ruin your career before it even starts
I mean, if that ruins a career then the world has gone horribly soft

hes not even 19 and he took a picture of a girl he laid with.. life goes on, its not like hes racist or hits women

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
Im locked in with Luke at 4. Only way the draft leaves me upset is if we skip on him for Clarke or Edvinsson; at that point, I cant even blame Jack if he got irrationally upset because I would be lol

Though tbh Id take Eklund and Guenther before Clarke and Edvinsson; I just dont see top pair upside with them like I do Power and Luke

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
the more I read, the more I think I have edvinsson over hughes as well.

1 clarke
2 edvinsson
3 hughes

but really, any of them would be great. i'm more interested in what we do with the isles pick.

Could you elaborate as to why you have him higher than Hughes? Not saying you're wrong at all, just curious to read opinions on Edvinsson at this point, as I've done my own research and am curious about opinions here

Reactions: MartyOwns

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Could you elaborate as to why you have him higher than Hughes? Not saying you're wrong at all, just curious to read opinions on Edvinsson at this point, as I've done my own research and am curious about opinions here

:laugh: no need for the disclaimer, it's all good. i could be completely wrong, and my opinion seems to change daily.

edvinsson seems to have the higher floor, whereas luke seems to have a higher ceiling. so really, it depends on which one you want. right now, i want the closest guy to a sure thing, and that seems to be edvinsson.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I'm wondering if they'll go Edvinsson now also. Fitz has focused on Bahl(6'6), Siegenthaler(6'3), and Graves(6'5). Focus on Hamilton(6'6) and Edvinsson(6'4) and suddenly the Devils have one of the biggest group of defensemen in the league.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Wow. Edvinsson is 3rd. How amazing. What a surprise.

No. There are no surprises. I hope he will sit until the 4th and we will choose him.

Do you like Seider 6OA? I like. I would draft him 2nd. Sanderson as 5OA? He deserved to be picked 4oa as minimum. So far, Detroit and Ottawa have no regrets at all, having made a choice in favor of these hockey players. So did Anaheim, which selected Lindholm sixth. Is Edvinsson BPA for 4OA? Yes, he is.

I hope Fitz has enough balls to make a really cool and right choice that will really change the overall picture of the team and its character.

Reactions: MartyOwns

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Without reading the story I’m thinking yeah this is overblown. Then you read the story and he definitely shouldn’t be drafted. Yeah I’m sure this stuff goes on all the time but those guys haven’t gotten caught he did. I don’t care if he’s a “kid” which he isn’t. Those that think it’s being overblown when you have a daughter going to school (I don’t) will probably feel different about this

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Without reading the story I’m thinking yeah this is overblown. Then you read the story and he definitely shouldn’t be drafted. Yeah I’m sure this stuff goes on all the time but those guys haven’t gotten caught he did. I don’t care if he’s a “kid” which he isn’t. Those that think it’s being overblown when you have a daughter going to school (I don’t) will probably feel different about this
prospects are so close that for someone at his draft slot, you're better off just passing than risking a PR disaster

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I mean, if that ruins a career then the world has gone horribly soft

hes not even 19 and he took a picture of a girl he laid with.. life goes on, its not like hes racist or hits women

lol that is definitely not what he did. Did you read the story

If that kid what was bullying got kicked out this kid def should also.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
lol that is definitely not what he did. Did you read the story

Isn’t it? He took a picture of her without permission while he was being serviced and then he shared it and her info to others.

I probably wouldn’t draft him; what he did was wrong and I personally have no way of knowing if this was a dumb mistake or part of an inherent flaw.

It does sound like he isn’t hiding from consequences and is working on himself through his work with a psychologist.

If my conversations with him made it seem like he understood why what he did was wrong and I felt he wasn’t a person who would continue to do wrong then I would sign him to an AHL contract.

Reactions: Darkauron

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Isn’t it? He took a picture of her without permission while he was being serviced and then he shared it and her info to others.

I probably wouldn’t draft him; what he did was wrong and I personally have no way of knowing if this was a dumb mistake or part of an inherent flaw.

It does sound like he isn’t hiding from consequences and is working on himself through his work with a psychologist.

If my conversations with him made it seem like he understood why what he did was wrong and I felt he wasn’t a person who would continue to do wrong then I would sign him to an AHL contract.
this is agree with, but the thing is this kid is/was slated for a late 1st/2nd rd pick. this is gonna make him drop at least 2 rounds, i'd think

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
youth hockey programs would be wise to focus on developing prospects' off ice behavior as well. they're going to be under a more intense microscope as time goes on, and all the hard physical work they put in can all be for nothing because of the stupid decisions teenagers make.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Ive always gotten the feeling the 'scouts' McKenzie gets are always against the grain of popular belief in, usually, a few shocking ways

I think its for the story. Owen Power is a unanimous #1 but Jack was split with Kakko? MacTavish above three other prospects most lists have top-7? And hes the only one who has Edvinsson this high.

Ive never liked McKenzies lists and think theyre just used to drum up storylines.

https://twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/1384177333397983235?s=21
Sorry but his rankings are consistently the most accurate in terms of what actually happens and if he was going for a storyline he would put Luke Hughes at 1st overall. He’s also not the only one who has Edvinsson this high. The NHL.com writers actually have him as the second best defensemen and have him going 3 and 5 in their mock drafts.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Sorry but his rankings are consistently the most accurate in terms of what actually happens and if he was going for a storyline he would put Luke Hughes at 1st overall. He’s also not the only one who has Edvinsson this high. The NHL.com writers actually have him as the second best defensemen and have him going 3 and 5 in their mock drafts.

The anonymous scouts Athletic surveyed liked Edvinsson too.

They could be the same scouts that talk to McKenzie though. So I couldn’t say if they’re additional opinion.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021

I cant take anything serious from a guy whos 'scouts' (which btw do people even understand what constitutes a scout? Half of them are at-home accountants by day) had Kakko and Jack split down the middle on votes, while Power is unanimous in the most wide open draft weve ever seen.

Its 100% storyline

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The anonymous scouts Athletic surveyed liked Edvinsson too.

They could be the same scouts that talk to McKenzie though. So I couldn’t say if they’re additional opinion.
Yes it seems like the NHL scouting community in general is high on Edvinsson but a good amount of the outside media and draft people aren’t as high on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad