Prospect Info: Ives 2021 Draft Final Rankings, Top 96 (3 Rounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Devils see big opportunity with two first-round picks in 2021 Draft

Fitz on whether Luke being Jack’s brother plays into the draft:

“Fitzgerald said the Devils won't base their selection on sentimentality.

"We're going to be true to the process," he said. "I can just be frank about that. I'm sure the Hughes family is very excited about where Luke is going to be and what kind of player he's going to be. ... It must be exciting to have two NHL players under the same roof, plus a future NHL player. There must be something in the water at the Hughes house."”

———————

Throws some water on the idea that Fitz or the Devils will be very invested in Jack wanting Luke to play here.
Just like when Jack said he wants us to draft his brother, this is how one can expect Fitz to answer this kind of question.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Devils see big opportunity with two first-round picks in 2021 Draft

Fitz on whether Luke being Jack’s brother plays into the draft:

“Fitzgerald said the Devils won't base their selection on sentimentality.

"We're going to be true to the process," he said. "I can just be frank about that. I'm sure the Hughes family is very excited about where Luke is going to be and what kind of player he's going to be. ... It must be exciting to have two NHL players under the same roof, plus a future NHL player. There must be something in the water at the Hughes house."”

———————

Throws some water on the idea that Fitz or the Devils will be very invested in Jack wanting Luke to play here.

f*** yeah...that is very encouraging to hear.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
To draft a bust, maybe

edvinsson is another Larsson and Clarke skates in mud

giphy.webp

jesus dude lol…i wouldn’t trust you to draft a thank you note

Reactions: Forge

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
giphy.webp

jesus dude lol…i wouldn’t trust you to draft a thank you note
Im getting agitated, as we get closes to draft day, by the idea that theyre going to try and play 200IQ and take one of the other defenseman over Luke when its obvious to everyone what we should do

Edvinsson has so many scouts liking him cause hes big and skates, gee where have I seen busts like that before? Oh yeah every single draft!!

and Clarke looks like he shits himself and then gets on the ice every shift, the dude has a more awkward skating stride than me, yet I wont get drafted.

Luke is the youngest, the best skater, and brothers with Jack; honestly, if we skip him for one of them two, idek if id support them as a fan.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
Not to mention Clarke is so cocky he thinks theres nothing wrong with his skating; doesnt sound like someone who will try to better themselves

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I think the whole thing about the apology not being sincere is a little bit out there. The victim literally requested for the apology to be written. The quote, ""The woman said she asked that Mailloux send her a sincere apology in written form because she did not want to meet with him in person." Written words are all subjective to the reader. Logan Mailloux probably would have prefered to communicate his apology verbally, but he wasn't going to go against the request of the victim who he harmed. Written language cannot communicate sincerity as well as verbal language. You can't hear tone and other inflections that would have conveyed what the apology should have conveyed. Obviously, I would like to read what he wrote to her, but I doubt that will be published, so we will never truly know. Mailloux apologized publically many times and apologized to her in private. If that's not enough, she and her family should meet with him in person or at least over a zoom call or something like that. Maybe the apology he wrote privately wasn't enough, and if so, that's a dick move, but he was put in a bad spot if that was his only method of communication. I doubt he knew her address (for sending a handwritten letter), email, or anything of the like, and I highly doubt the victim would want him to know that after what he did, so text was probably just a safe bet.

I don't know though, maybe I am in the wrong here, but text is so subjective. You can give two people the same written words and get two different meanings out of them.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I think the whole thing about the apology not being sincere is a little bit out there. The victim literally requested for the apology to be written. The quote, ""The woman said she asked that Mailloux send her a sincere apology in written form because she did not want to meet with him in person." Written words are all subjective to the reader. Logan Mailloux probably would have prefered to communicate his apology verbally, but he wasn't going to go against the request of the victim who he harmed. Written language cannot communicate sincerity as well as verbal language. You can't hear tone and other inflections that would have conveyed what the apology should have conveyed. Obviously, I would like to read what he wrote to her, but I doubt that will be published, so we will never truly know. Mailloux apologized publically many times and apologized to her in private. If that's not enough, she and her family should meet with him in person or at least over a zoom call or something like that. Maybe the apology he wrote privately wasn't enough, and if so, that's a dick move, but he was put in a bad spot if that was his only method of communication. I doubt he knew her address (for sending a handwritten letter), email, or anything of the like, and I highly doubt the victim would want him to know that after what he did, so text was probably just a safe bet.

I don't know though, maybe I am in the wrong here, but text is so subjective. You can give two people the same written words and get two different meanings out of them.

The apology he sent to her was 3 sentences in a text message. Which already wasnt the type of apology form she wanted (a physical letter), and 3 sentences is really nothing for what he did.

Pretty shitty when his public apology is longer than his private apology to the person who he hurt.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Im getting agitated, as we get closes to draft day, by the idea that theyre going to try and play 200IQ and take one of the other defenseman over Luke when its obvious to everyone what we should do

Edvinsson has so many scouts liking him cause hes big and skates, gee where have I seen busts like that before? Oh yeah every single draft!!

and Clarke looks like he shits himself and then gets on the ice every shift, the dude has a more awkward skating stride than me, yet I wont get drafted.

Luke is the youngest, the best skater, and brothers with Jack; honestly, if we skip him for one of them two, idek if id support them as a fan.

You have to be that Swiss Prodigy dude

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
The apology he sent to her was 3 sentences in a text message. Which already wasnt the type of apology form she wanted (a physical letter), and 3 sentences is really nothing for what he did.

Pretty shitty when his public apology is longer than his private apology to the person who he hurt.
I didn't realize that she wanted a physical letter. I don't have access to all of the full articles, I just see snippets from what people post and what people describe, so I might have made an assumption based off of the quote that I quoted that she wanted it in any kind of written form. I agree, though, if she wanted a physical letter, he should have given a physical letter. That's not really so much to ask after what he did to her.

Reactions: Darkauron

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i’m not sure if you’re being serious…it’s very hard to tell here sometimes. if you are, no offense, but that was the dumbest post i’ve seen here in quite some time. from the beginning, where you very ironically said you want to draft hughes, not someone big who can skate, to the end where you said you may not support any other pick we make. just a word salad of ignorance and misplaced priorities from top to bottom. oof

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
You have to be that Swiss Prodigy dude
What?

im ranting about the team possibly choosing handedness or size over skill, whoever seiss prodigy is idgaf about

what i want is my team to not try and pretend theyre smarter than everyone else and mess up this obvious pick

if edvinsson was as good as advertised hed go top-3. Clarke is an obvious mid pairing defenseman

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
So I just checked Mitchell Miller wasn't on McKenzie's final draft list in 2020 and Mallioux is 35. Very likely some (possibly multiple) team out there has him as at worst the 35th best prospect in the draft. Hard to believe they wouldn't then spend a 4th-7th round pick on him. I think he's getting taken.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
So I just checked Mitchell Miller wasn't on McKenzie's final draft list in 2020 and Mallioux is 35. Very likely some (possibly multiple) team out there has him as at worst the 35th best prospect in the draft. Hard to believe they wouldn't then spend a 4th-7th round pick on him. I think he's getting taken.

I doubt he’s getting picked now. He’ll get camp invites though

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I really don't see how there isn't one scout who has someone other than Power. He's probably the safest choice but im almost certain he won't be the best player in this draft in 5, 10, 15 years. Shocked no one has the similar safety and upside of Beniers or the crazy ceiling of a guy like Luke #1. Power seems like an Erik Johnson/Aaron Ekblad esque #1.

For once, I'd like to see a team draft a player #1 overall that's not the "consensus" if they're not absolutely going to be the best player from the draft. I agree that I don't think Power will be the best player from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille