Prospect Info: Ives 2021 Draft Final Rankings, Top 96 (3 Rounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
So I just checked Mitchell Miller wasn't on McKenzie's final draft list in 2020 and Mallioux is 35. Very likely some (possibly multiple) team out there has him as at worst the 35th best prospect in the draft. Hard to believe they wouldn't then spend a 4th-7th round pick on him. I think he's getting taken.

I think the difference with Mailloux is that his story came out later. The information on Miller was reported long prior to his draft year.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think the whole thing about the apology not being sincere is a little bit out there. The victim literally requested for the apology to be written. The quote, ""The woman said she asked that Mailloux send her a sincere apology in written form because she did not want to meet with him in person." Written words are all subjective to the reader. Logan Mailloux probably would have prefered to communicate his apology verbally, but he wasn't going to go against the request of the victim who he harmed. Written language cannot communicate sincerity as well as verbal language. You can't hear tone and other inflections that would have conveyed what the apology should have conveyed. Obviously, I would like to read what he wrote to her, but I doubt that will be published, so we will never truly know. Mailloux apologized publically many times and apologized to her in private. If that's not enough, she and her family should meet with him in person or at least over a zoom call or something like that. Maybe the apology he wrote privately wasn't enough, and if so, that's a dick move, but he was put in a bad spot if that was his only method of communication. I doubt he knew her address (for sending a handwritten letter), email, or anything of the like, and I highly doubt the victim would want him to know that after what he did, so text was probably just a safe bet.

I don't know though, maybe I am in the wrong here, but text is so subjective. You can give two people the same written words and get two different meanings out of them.
You’re trying to put together what happened a bit too hard here.

The Athletic mentions further attempts at apologies “done at the behest of team officials and the courts”. It sounds like a shit show, I’m sure the main board is “theorizing” exactly what happened but it’s not really knowable. What matters is how Logan handles it and what teams expect of him.

I’m guessing his language about about this has probably has been improved with the scrutiny. The London Knights claims it been “resolved”, “the player has apologized”, and “team staff are working with Logan, ensuring that he is accessing the supports that are in place to help him better understand his actions, the ramifications of his actions and ensuring that this does not happen again.” (I would ask the Knights how exactly the team staff will do that if I reporting into this, because I’m skeptical about that claim but that’s a side issue.)

The Daily Face-Off article felt spinny and his lawyer being (very) weirdly cagey to the Athletic wasn’t helping. The kid likely made the right choice to ask to not be drafted. He’s still not particularly good at talking about this, he could use a year to try to get his shit together.

And before anyone tells me how unfair it is, a lot of kids would lose scholarships or internship/job opportunities by committing that crime. He for sure needs to not whine about it, privately or publicly. Reset, get it together and stop hiding behind a lawyer and fix it privately with the victim. (I don’t want to debate that this too hard or something, I believe if he really wanted it, he could do it. YMMV.)

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Just so you guys know -- I regrettably won't be able to be on these threads for Day One of the draft, as I'm going to be behind a bar all day and night. The pandemic was a bit tough on me financially -- as it was for many of us -- so I need to work as much as possible these days.

I'm going to try to get home that night and write up a review of the Devils Day One picks, as well as preview the best available players for Day Two. I'm hoping I will be able to follow the draft along with you guys on the HFBoards for Day Two.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Just so you guys know -- I regrettably won't be able to be on these threads for Day One of the draft, as I'm going to be behind a bar all day and night. The pandemic was a bit tough on me financially -- as it was for many of us -- so I need to work as much as possible these days.

I'm going to try to get home that night and write up a review of the Devils Day One picks, as well as preview the best available players for Day Two. I'm hoping I will be able to follow the draft along with you guys on the HFBoards for Day Two.

Hang in there and know that we will miss you, but anyone in their right mind understands you have to take care of you first. Be safe and we will still be here when you can have a moment to share with us.

Reactions: StevenToddIves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad