GDT: It's been so long since we've played, we've forgotten how GDTs work

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's a holiday that most people do get off. Holiday matinees are pretty common and usually sell well.

If you don't get it off, that sucks for you, but most people do, and a lot of 'em will be watching sports. It's a much better date than a random weeknight.
Depends on the area and the industry. Anywhere it's government job heavy? oh absolutely. But on the tech side of things or the healthcare side of things we don't, in fact it's one of our busiest days of the year. Thankfully we still usually get holiday pay for it at least.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Watching the highlights. That 2–0 goal is the beautiful theory of the SAT line brought to reality. Teräväinen and Aho doing something absurd with their passing and leaving Svech to finish it.
A few games ago, Valiquette the Ranger commentator (former goalie), said he was surprised to learn that the Canes lead the league in E-W goals.

Those two last night were superb

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Watching the highlights. That 2–0 goal is the beautiful theory of the SAT line brought to reality. Teräväinen and Aho doing something absurd with their passing and leaving Svech to finish it.
Aho and Turbo have always had some of the best chemistry among any forwards in the league, never made sense to me to split them up as much as Rod has the last few years. And Svech is the perfect 3rd amigo in terms of skill set, plus he has better chemistry with them than any other forward we've tried. Glad it's finally back but man the SAT line shouldn't have been gone that long.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Aho and Turbo have always had some of the best chemistry among any forwards in the league, never made sense to me to split them up as much as Rod has the last few years. And Svech is the perfect 3rd amigo in terms of skill set, plus he has better chemistry with them than any other forward we've tried. Glad it's finally back but man the SAT line shouldn't have been gone that long.
Along with his skill (his one-timer is really improved this year), Svetch also provides the muscle needed for that line.

If we can only get the 2nd line moving along with a competent 2-goalie system, I like our chances going deep in the playoffs (right now).

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
If we can only get the 2nd line moving along with a competent 2-goalie system,I like our chances going deep in the playoffs (right now).
I believe Rod should move Jarvis with Necas and KK and move Bunting to the 3rd line with Staal and Martinook.

Reason: Jarvis has the speed to go with both Necas and KK and he still brings that heavy net front presence that Bunting gives that line too.

Reactions: Svechhammer

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
i dont know what snow looks like but you stay safe with that wind chill
IMG_0235.jpeg

Here is what snow looks like. Lol

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
View attachment 801602
Here is what snow looks like. Lol
It has snowed twice in my 9 winters here in the ATL. The most accumulated was 4 inches, and we lost power. It hasnt snowed, measurably anyways, here in 5-6 years i think.

I havent seen that much snow since May of 13 in Manhattan KS ( it was 8 inches that mother's day, *snicker*) or senior year of HS in NC in 03 when we got 14-16 inches.

ive seen other snows mind you but those 2 would be the only ones closest to the amount you have there.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I believe Rod should move Jarvis with Necas and KK and move Bunting to the 3rd line with Staal and Martinook.

Reason: Jarvis has the speed to go with both Necas and KK and he still brings that heavy net front presence that Bunting gives that line too.
Not sure about that. Jarvis is the goal scoring guy that meshes well with Staal and Martinook's go get em style.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Not sure about that. Jarvis is the goal scoring guy that meshes well with Staal and Martinook's go get em style.
Jarvis appears to be the type of player that can mesh with any line, However, he is also a leader, something KK and Necas really need on the ice, and he will demand nothing less than 100% effort from those two. Something Bunting just isn’t capable of doing, imo

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Jarvis appears to be the type of player that can mesh with any line, However, he is also a leader, something KK and Necas really need on the ice, and he will demand nothing less than 100% effort from those two. Something Bunting just isn’t capable of doing, imo

Jarvis doesn’t really give off “leader” vibes, and nothing said by the players really gives that impression either. He’s seen (and plays) like the high energy nephew that’s just happy to have an outlet to burn off said energy.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Jarvis is a perfect fit for the Staal and Martinook line. They all grind the puck very well along the boards, but Jarvis is quick enough with plenty of offense to capitalize on it when we get possession to turn anything into a fast break. I think the perfect example of this was last night when he and Jordo were on a break, Jordo completely bungles it, the Ducks try and take it the other way, we quickly get possession back, and Jarvis uses his speed to find Martinook all alone in front of the net for an easy goal. The entire sequence was Jarvis using his skill to make that line offensively potent. It just works, we'd be dumb to go away from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad