League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
If we're talking actual potential game impact then these micro-offside reviews are totally meaningless. I'd rather they make something like high-sticking reviewable, including missed calls.
I'd also like them to elaborate on the definitions of boarding, goalie interference, and hitting/targeting the head. Preferably with detailed breakdowns of calls that upon review went in our opponents favor no matter which side they were on in plays that were exactly the same.

Reactions: Block

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I still can't understand how the Leafs front office thought it was a good idea to give a 37 year old Reaves a 3 year deal and meaningful ice time in the playoffs. His inability to complete a standard breakout pass resulted in a goal that jumpstarted the win for the B's.
They thought they needed the size and toughness because guys like willy kept pushing them around

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Rooting for Kuzy and Orlov!

I'm rooting forever who beats the NYR and NYI and then it's whoever in the West to win. I do like the Oilers though and Skinner is surprising me actually. Jets look done unfortunately.

Kuzy with a hilariously slow penalty shot there. Patrick Roy looked like he was going to explode

Good.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Bruins look terrible. But Toronto has a sketchy D, shaky goal-tending, missing their top scorer, their top playmaker is MIA, their best all-around forward has migraines,and their captain is decrepit. So who knows

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
From the East:
No to a Jacobs team or the Bruins, which makes two strikes against the team from BOS.
No to Rags. No to Canes.
No to TBL or any team from FLA, but I'd grudgingly accept the Panthers over the other options.
I'd be okay with TOR. They've suffered enough.
From the West:
No to any team from TX.
No to VGK. COL won recently, so no. EDM can't do it just because.
I'd be okay with the Thrash/Peg, the Nucks - maybe it's Canada's time to hoist the Cup - and even NSH, tho' their home state doesn't deserve anything.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The other old Metro team is eliminated!

Seriously. I'll take the Cats out of the east over anyone.

How the F can anyone root for Kuzy after he basically coasted around for 4 years basically sabotaging the Caps.

I just can't root for Kuzy even though I enjoyed him scoring the goal tonight against the Isles. I have no problem with Florida winning. They have suffered long enough and I'm neutral to them.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The other old Metro team is eliminated!

I just can't root for Kuzy even though I enjoyed him scoring the goal tonight against the Isles. I have no problem with Florida winning. They have suffered long enough and I'm neutral to them.
I find it's possible to fully enjoy the Islanders loss without paying any attention to the Canes' win. And yeah, hope Carolina and NYR kick the crap out of each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad