GDT: It's been so long since we've played, we've forgotten how GDTs work

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You pushed me over the 10,000 maniacs award level
youre-welcome-the-sandlot-0ji201y8wym32m18.gif

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Why? The team is winning and the line with Jarvis is doing great? Your reason makes no sense. KK doesn't have speed and Necas is injured. Seems like you are asking for a change just to make a change.
Not at all, We are scoring the majority of our goals on the PP. Lines don't count. Outside of that it's our 1st Line, Svech, Aho, Tevo, 3rd line, Jarvis, Martinook, Staal, Mainly Jarvis, our Defense and 4th line and we are getting nothing from our so called 2nd line. I'm just suggesting that Jarvis can get this line going. I believe the team can get better, because we have 1 line, that isn't getting anything accompished except turnovers.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Not at all, We are scoring the majority of our goals on the PP. Lines don't count. Outside of that it's our 1st Line, Svech, Aho, Tevo, 3rd line, Jarvis, Martinook, Staal, Mainly Jarvis, our Defense and 4th line and we are getting nothing from our so called 2nd line. I'm just suggesting that Jarvis can get this line going. I believe the team can get better, because we have 1 line, that isn't getting anything accompished except turnovers.
So swap one offensive black hole line for another offensive black hole line. I've got more faith in a KK/Necas/Bunting line finding some scoring touch then a Staal/Martinook/Fast line doing the same.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
So swap one offensive black hole line for another offensive black hole line. I've got more faith in a KK/Necas/Bunting line finding some scoring touch then a Staal/Martinook/Fast line doing the same.
And I have more faith in a Jarvis/KK/Necas Line, Bunting Staal, Martinook and Noesen, Drury and Fast line scoring more goals.

I'll say right now with the PP doing what's it doing, and as hot as the 1st line is, we are ok but I believe Necas and KK are capable of scoring more points than Staal and Martinook, thus is why I'ld put Jarvis with them, hoping his leadership qualities take over and he can get those two to play to their potential.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

You claim we only have one line, then list the two other very successful lines we have.

The first line is working. The third line is working. The fourth line is working. And your suggesting we change that up in the hopes that it fixes the one line that isn't, with no guarantee that it will, nor any guarantee that it won't subsequently screw up the other changed lines in the process.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

It's kind of a pointless discussion. As we know, Rod will change lines when the team struggles or runs into problems, so Jarvis may end up there at some point in time when the team gets stale. No need to do that until it happens and until we're sure Necas and Fast are both 100%.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
You claim we only have one line, then list the two other very successful lines we have.

The first line is working. The third line is working. The fourth line is working. And your suggesting we change that up in the hopes that it fixes the one line that isn't, with no guarantee that it will, nor any guarantee that it won't subsequently screw up the other changed lines in the process.
And when Necas comds back at least 2 of the 3 lines change. Then what do you do?

Reactions: Svechhammer

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And when Necas comds back at least 2 of the 3 lines change. Then what do you do?

Put them back to what they were before he got injured. Necas on the 2nd line, Noesen on the 4th. Pepi back to the pressbox. Maybe keep Necas on the 4th in his first game back just to ease him back in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad