GDT: It's been so long since we've played, we've forgotten how GDTs work

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The first, and maybe hardest, job of a leader is to be the example that everyone else follows. Seems like that comes to Jarvy naturally.
Hmmm, that is surely part of being a good leader. I would argue that on a team, the hardest part of being a good leader is saying the things that are hard for some to hear. Does Jarvy have what it takes to tell the guys not pulling their weight to step it up when it needs to be said? I don't know. Sometimes those jovial and funny guys are not capable of that.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Jarvis doesn’t really give off “leader” vibes, and nothing said by the players really gives that impression either. He’s seen (and plays) like the high energy nephew that’s just happy to have an outlet to burn off said energy.
Gurarantee that Jarvis is a Leader, 22 Years as Leader in the Military I can spot one in a minute. Jarvis is a "Follow my lead" type leader, He puts out the effort and says follow me or get the hell out of my way. Just like Rod did when he was Captain. That is why Jarvis would be good with KK and Necas, Those two need a player that demands they keep up with him.

Jarvis and Aho worked well together because they have the same mentality, Tevo worked well because he followed their lead. Jarvis Works well with Staal and Martinook because they hustle with him, and he doesn't have to demand anything from them. So it's time to give Seth a shot at motivating those two and see if he can bring their game out and make that a successful line. Something needs to be done to get it going, and we have seen, Bunting or Noesen are not the answer.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Hmmm, that is surely part of being a good leader. I would argue that on a team, the hardest part of being a good leader is saying the things that are hard for some to hear. Does Jarvy have what it takes to tell the guys not pulling their weight to step it up when it needs to be said? I don't know. Sometimes those jovial and funny guys are not capable of that.
Many kinds of leaders, to be sure -- but it seems to me like Jarvy isn't just clown funny, he's smart funny. Like a Justin Williams type. Doesn't take himself too seriously, but takes the work extremely seriously. That's my take at this point.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's like one of those comedy films where the guy is dead set on his upcoming vacation trip, but some work-related crap hovers over it anxious to ruin his vacation.

It could be the League doesn't agree with an insolent upstart visibly disregarding their All-Star Event participating to which is a huge honor and every player's dream...

And hilarity ensues.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It's like one of those comedy films where the guy is dead set on his upcoming vacation trip, but some work-related crap hovers over it anxious to ruin his vacation.

It could be the League doesn't agree with an insolent upstart visibly disregarding their All-Star Event participating to which is a huge honor and every player's dream...

And hilarity ensues.

A weekend at Jarvy's

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Many kinds of leaders, to be sure -- but it seems to me like Jarvy isn't just clown funny, he's smart funny. Like a Justin Williams type. Doesn't take himself too seriously, but takes the work extremely seriously. That's my take at this point.

I agree with you on the "Doesn't take himself too seriously, but takes the work extremely seriously" part, but I kind of get the opposite vibe when comparing him to Justin Williams. I get the feel that Jarvy isn't exceptionally smart but he recognizes that and has a great attitude about it. I have a hunch that exceptional intelligence may more often be detrimental to an elite athlete than beneficial.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I believe Rod should move Jarvis with Necas and KK and move Bunting to the 3rd line with Staal and Martinook.

Reason: Jarvis has the speed to go with both Necas and KK and he still brings that heavy net front presence that Bunting gives that line too.
Why? The team is winning and the line with Jarvis is doing great? Your reason makes no sense. KK doesn't have speed and Necas is injured. Seems like you are asking for a change just to make a change.

Reactions: Svechhammer

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think the addition of Jarvis on the Staal/Marty line is a brilliant move. That line had everything but the ability to finish, and to a degree playmaking. Jarvis addresses both. KK line could use a change. Not sure what that is, but Drury seems to be effective with KK on the PP. Not sure how that could translate 5v5 being they're both centers.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think the KK line might just have to suck it up for a while. It's obvious that those three (KK - Bunting - Necas) don't really mesh well together, but unfortunately, the other three lines work SO well together that it'd be insanity to break them up. So you're left with 3 very good lines and 1 poor chemistry line due to circumstances.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I think the KK line might just have to suck it up for a while. It's obvious that those three (KK - Bunting - Necas) don't really mesh well together, but unfortunately, the other three lines work SO well together that it'd be insanity to break them up. So you're left with 3 very good lines and 1 poor chemistry line due to circumstances.
KK line is effectively the 4th line productivity wise lately. But that’s ok if the other 3 produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad