Status
Not open for further replies.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I think Bellows for U.S.

Maybe a couple of Fins?

Salo & Koivula? Maybe Koivula too old?
No, Koivula is not too old. He should be there. I expect 3 Islanders prospect to be there :
Bellows with team U.S.A.
Koivula and Salo with Finland.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
No, Koivula is not too old. He should be there. I expect 3 Islanders prospect to be there :
Bellows with team U.S.A.
Koivula and Salo with Finland.

If Koivula doesn't make it this year that's a huge red flag

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
* = current assignment
+ = on IR or just hurt

NHL - New York Islanders

PLAYERPOSDRAFT POS.GPGAPTSPIM+/-
Mathew BarzalC2015 round 1 #163382129106
Anthony BeauvillierLW/C2015 round 1 #28273368-8
Adam PelechD2012 round 3 #652901111147
Scott MayfieldD2011 round 2 #3422268294
Josh Ho-Sang RW2014 round 1 #2822210122-7
Ryan PulockD2013 round 1 #15201454-6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

AHL - Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Devon ToewsD2014 round 4 #108277121962
Michael Dal ColleLW2014 round 1 #5263912160
Kyle BurroughsD2013 round 7 #196271564310
Kyle SchemppC2014 round 6 #155901122
John StevensCUndrafted FA19145134
Mitchell Vande SompelD2015 round 3 #82222111320-1
Parker WotherspoonD2015 round 4 #1121522410-2
Sebastian AhoD2017 round 5 #139268111940
Josh Ho-Sang *RW2014 round 1 #28826861
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ECHL - Worcester Railers

---------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CHL

PLAYERPOSDRAFT POS.TEAMGPGAPTSPIM+/-
Kieffer BellowsLW/C2016 round 1 #19Portland Winterhawks311921403122
David QuennevilleD2016 round 7 #200Medicine Hat Tigers3312243626-2
Arnaud DurandeauLW2017 round 6 #165Halifax Mooseheads34131427262
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

USHL

Andong SongD2015 round 6 #172Madison Capitols2210160
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

NCAA

Nick PastujovLW2016 round 7 #193Univ. of Michigan1231480
Collin AdamsLW2016 round 6 #170Univ. of North Dakota1852710-4
Logan CockerillLW2017 round 7 #201Boston Univ.183478-1
Benjamin MirageasD2017 round 3 #77Providence College185510191
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Europe

PLAYER

POS

DRAFT POS.

TEAM

GP

G

A

PTS

PIM

+/-

Robin Salo

D

2017 round 2 #46

Sport

International-Jr

Finland U20 (all)

Otto Koivula

LW/RW

2016 round 4 #120

Ilves

International-Jr

Finland U20 (all)

Anatoli Golyshev

LW/RW

2016 round 4 #95

Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg

Petter Hansson

D

2015 round 7 #202

Södertälje SK

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalies

PLAYERDRAFT POS.TEAMLEAGUEGPGAASV%
Ilya Sorokin2014 round 3 #78CSKA MoskvaKHL251.51.930
RussiaEHT22.00.934
Linus Söderström2014 round 4 #95HV71SHL122.76.893
SwedenEHT
Eamon McAdam2013 round 3 #70Worcester RailersECHL152.65.918
Christopher GibsonAcq. via TradeBridgeport Sound TigersAHL162.81.894
Kristers Gudlevskis +Acq. via TradeBridgeport Sound TigersAHL132.81.893
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Defense must be great in Bridgeport. Goalies both have terrible Save% but thier GAA isn’t as high as those Save percentages suggest.

Thompson teaching defense.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I have a feeling once Bellows gets on AHL ice, Dal Colle is officially blasted in oblivion

Kid could come out of camp if he continues the pace hes on this year. Has a solid build and skates really well. Either way I am a lot more excited about him than I once was. Could be a nice goal scorer for us and a player whose priority is to finish and not to pass.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Kid could come out of camp if he continues the pace hes on this year. Has a solid build and skates really well. Either way I am a lot more excited about him than I once was. Could be a nice goal scorer for us and a player whose priority is to finish and not to pass.

Good Point, in any event, once he surpasses MDC on the depth chart, who was drafted two full years before him and plays the same position, a lot of the hockey world will draw their conclusions. He has no chance of cracking the roster this year and next year is the '18-'19 season. To be 5 full years removed from the draft and still "making progress" in the AHL, not lighting up the lamp - the writing is already on the wall.

As far as Bellows, looks like leaving the NCAA and going to the WHL has paid dividends for his game - I know we could use a young talent with a chip on his shoulder. Still wouldn't mind seeing Nelson traded and replaced with Kiefer.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
From Corey Pronman:"...Devon Toews has been great in the AHL. He skates and moves the puck well, and while he may not become an impact NHL player, he’s taken his game to another level and has earned an opportunity when one presents itself. On the bad side, one NHL scout on Andong Song, who is currently in the USHL, called him one of the worst draft picks he’s ever seen."

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
From Corey Pronman:"...Devon Toews has been great in the AHL. He skates and moves the puck well, and while he may not become an impact NHL player, he’s taken his game to another level and has earned an opportunity when one presents itself. On the bad side, one NHL scout on Andong Song, who is currently in the USHL, called him one of the worst draft picks he’s ever seen."

Someone introduce this scout to Cody Rosen

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

That was a gift for Wang, all that selection was.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Really disappointed in Beauvillier this year. He really came on strong late last year, virtually invisible this year. And not as good defensively as advertised (that may come in time).

scott99

May 13, 2005
I think Toews won the fastest skater at the AHL all star game last year. At least we know skating won’t be an issue once he comes up, if he comes up this year. De Haan replacement next year.

Reactions: PROMputt

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Really disappointed in Beauvillier this year. He really came on strong late last year, virtually invisible this year. And not as good defensively as advertised (that may come in time).
Have you noticed the use we make of him too? Playing with Chimera and Bernier will not help him blacken the score sheet either. The Nelson-Beau-Ho-Sang trio was a bad mix (Nelson and Beauvillier especially seem to have no chemistry together).

Beau looked good at the end of last season because he had a better ice time too. The higher the ice time is, the better the players are usually : it allows them to keep a better pace. And I also think that if Beauvillier and Ho-Sang must play on the same line, they need to be supported by an experienced winger capable of winning battles along the boards and to be some kind of reassuring presences for both youngsters, which Nelson definitely was not. It's players like Ladd or Kulemin who would have completed them better (or even Chimera version of last season).

In any case, to the point where things are, Beauvillier should be sent to Bridgeport so he can play a more offensive role and have a better ice time. I don't like how the Islanders use him now. It reminds me a bit when Niederreiter was playing with Pandolfo, Tim Wallace, Reasoner. It's probably not as bad, but Beau with Chimera and Bernier reminds me a bit of that.

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Song always seemed like a publicity stunt or something, to me

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Have you noticed the use we make of him too? Playing with Chimera and Bernier will not help him blacken the score sheet either. The Nelson-Beau-Ho-Sang trio was a bad mix (Nelson and Beauvillier especially seem to have no chemistry together).

Beau looked good at the end of last season because he had a better ice time too. The higher the ice time is, the better the players are usually : it allows them to keep a better pace. And I also think that if Beauvillier and Ho-Sang must play on the same line, they need to be supported by an experienced winger capable of winning battles along the boards and to be some kind of reassuring presences for both youngsters, which Nelson definitely was not. It's players like Ladd or Kulemin who would have completed them better (or even Chimera version of last season).

In any case, to the point where things are, Beauvillier should be sent to Bridgeport so he can play a more offensive role and have a better ice time. I don't like how the Islanders use him now. It reminds me a bit when Niederreiter was playing with Pandolfo, Tim Wallace, Reasoner. It's probably not as bad, but Beau with Chimera and Bernier reminds me a bit of that.

I don't like the Beauvillier usage either but he hasn't played well, though he's still effective without the puck and doesn't hurt the team like Ho-Sang does. I think the real problem is Nelson - has anyone ever had chemistry with Brock? He's really hard to play with. He's soft, doesn't pass well, doesn't cycle well, isn't strong for his size, lacks vision/hockey sense and he's stuck in that poor offensively, poor defensively, 3rd line bermuda triangle.

Wouldn't mind Beauvillier being sent down to play more and get his offense back but I don't like who'd be coming back. I'm not a fan of Quine or Prince, I think they hurt us more than help. Bernier is talentless but he's like Kulemin, works hard, plays safe, can eat up minutes NOT hurting the team while the top two lines come back on the ice.

Is Tim Wallace still available?

Reactions: dood

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I don't like the Beauvillier usage either but he hasn't played well, though he's still effective without the puck and doesn't hurt the team like Ho-Sang does. I think the real problem is Nelson - has anyone ever had chemistry with Brock? He's really hard to play with. He's soft, doesn't pass well, doesn't cycle well, isn't strong for his size, lacks vision/hockey sense and he's stuck in that poor offensively, poor defensively, 3rd line bermuda triangle.

Wouldn't mind Beauvillier being sent down to play more and get his offense back but I don't like who'd be coming back. I'm not a fan of Quine or Prince, I think they hurt us more than help. Bernier is talentless but he's like Kulemin, works hard, plays safe, can eat up minutes NOT hurting the team while the top two lines come back on the ice.

Is Tim Wallace still available?
Just an observation but whenever I see AB he's usually picking himself up from the ice. I like this kid especially when he was playing in the Q, but its obvious that he is physically overmatched.He needs to spend time in the AHL, get his game and confidence back. And while he's at it having a few milk shakes and hitting the gym wouldn't be a bad idea either.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Check isles record without JHS this year compared to with
Isles are still a much more dangerous team with him
Not intended as a criticism of JHS but just a question: does he play against equal competition or is it a case of a coach sitting a young player against tough opponents sometimes?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Check isles record without JHS this year compared to with
Isles are still a much more dangerous team with him

And it's not like the team's GAA has improved with him out of the lineup either, so might as well get his offense back in the lineup right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad