Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I read somewhere that Salo was ill (flu maybe ?), so maybe that’s why he got so little ice time ?

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
He put up that when he was playing well. But the last few games he was infuriatingly bad with turnovers all over the place and careless plays.

Not to mention he only had 18 shots on goal in 22 games which is mind blowing.

who cares? he's never been a big shooter, but he's always put up points

I am a big JHS fan. I am not ripping the kid when I say I expect better play then he showed after his last call up.

he was playing the best out of anyone on his line, and the only bottom 6 player that could actually score

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Bellows, to me, resembles Stumpy...look at old Steve Thomas highlights...they look similar in style.

Would be awesome if he achieved that. Kind makes him like a Eberle/Ladd combo. Wouldn’t be a bad at all with Barzal.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Can't write MDC off yet. Had a goal last night in a 3-1 Bridgeport win. Points in 6/7 games. Positive progress at least.
Yup, 4G 12A in 29 games, package him another play and a pick for a D-man for the big club. We need the depth. Sell when on the upswing! :laugh::naughty:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yup, 4G 12A in 29 games, package him another play and a pick for a D-man for the big club. We need the depth. Sell when on the upswing! :laugh::naughty:

Those numbers are fine for Dal Colle considering Bridgeport's center quality is non-existent.

He's one of those guys where his PPG average could actually improve in the NHL (when/if he makes it) because he'll be playing with better players.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Those numbers are fine for Dal Colle considering Bridgeport's center quality is non-existent.

He's one of those guys where his PPG average could actually improve in the NHL (when/if he makes it) because he'll be playing with better players.

Yeah the Islanders really should have signed some 30 year old career AHLer who could pass, just to try help with Dal Colle's development

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah the Islanders really should have signed some 30 year old career AHLer who could pass, just to try help with Dal Colle's development
I actually think electing NOT to sign a center for MDC is better for his development. We already know he can put the puck in the net when someone is there to create the opportunities for him. He really needs to work on his weaknesses, which taking him out of his comfort zone should help.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Checked out the SoundTigers game last night. Not a very impressive game for the team, despite the win.

Ho-Sang struggled. He is in constant motion, but makes the worst decisions. He had a beautiful breakaway at one point, and decided to try to make a fancy move pulling the puck between his skates and lost control. Bad no-look passes, awkward one-on-everyone attempts... he's definitely got the talent to be great, but his decision-making is holding him back.

Dal Colle got a goal but it wasn't the strongest attempt, and he wasn't much of a factor otherwise.

Aho was a constant presence, but he made some bad stretch passes.

Didn't notice Toews or Vande Sompel much.

Fritz works hard all the time and gets results.

Outside of an unfortunate misplay in the first two minutes where the puck got through his pads and he didn't know it was behind him, Gibson had good positioning and played well.

I love that arena.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bad game for the US. tonight. The team just didn’t show up. Bellows was one of the few bright spots. He’s getting minutes and is contributing and creating offense every shift. Really great shot and uses his body well.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bellows has some bite to him. He had some nice hard hits, he was involved in scrums, and he was chirping. I like it.

He showed his shot a few times. He has an excellent release and gets his shot off.

He reminds me of a left handed Okposo. Similar size and skill set. Bellows has a chance to be a better goal scorer than Okposo I think because of his shot but he plays the game like Angry Kyle. Board battles and plays with strength and skill.

He announcers also made a point to discuss his positioning on offensive possessions. He understands where the open spots are on cycles and knows where to cover. I was really happy with what I saw from him. Overall it wasn’t a great game for the US but credit also to Slovakia. Thier goalie was excellent and they played great defensively.

Reactions: SI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad