Islanders Point Blank: Isles looking to hire top hockey executive

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
What he did with the Devils was incredible. But let’s not give him too much credit for the leafs. He’s only been with them for 3 drafts and the only. Significant players thus far have been Matthews(slam dunk easy pick) and Marner who was a good pick but you could argue Provorov or Werenski would have been better.

Babcock wanted the leafs job and the franchise has so much money it was an offer he couldn’t refuse.

The best move he made was getting a legit starting Goalie in Andersen. That was huge. But I wouldn’t credit Lou with the maple leafs turnaround. Most of their core was already there Kadri Reilly JVR Nylander.

well, he certainly didnt steer them down the shitter...and simply doing that would be a vast improvement over our current situation

Reactions: SI90

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Ok.

Don’t be mad. I didn’t mean anything by it. Just didn’t feel like arguing when I think we’re all actually on the same page. **** Snow.
I don’t think there is anyone that still feels snow deserves to stay. As an islander fan, I wanted him to succeed, but enough is enough.

Reactions: SI90

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If lou coming here means we resign Tavares, then he can do nothing else the rest of his time here and it would be worth it

And what about if "changing nothing" means we resign Tavares? Is that worth keeping Snow on for? I don't think your response is very honest. You should expect more from a front office move than just retaining your superstar.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not sure I want him either....he left the Kings in dire straights with the contracts he doled out. Nice to win a cup but they are looking at some dark years ahead.

By the way...I totally agree with you.

The problem is that having snow as your GM for TWELVE YEARS is like being stranded in the desert - After a while you'd consider drinking the sand given your total desperation.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
By the way...I totally agree with you.

The problem is that having snow as your GM for TWELVE YEARS is like being stranded in the desert - After a while you'd consider drinking the sand given your total desperation.

Probably why I was on the fence a lot longer than most about Snow. Even MN is interviewing guys who haven't proven anything. Now that Snow has finally pushed me off the fence I'm also willing to take a shot on anyone else.

Honestly, my first pick is Fletcher. Has experience, built a playoff perennial team. If he gets us there AND we find the right coach we'll see if Fletcher has what it takes to compete for a cup.

I wouldn't frown at a Lombardi hiring obviously. I'm just hoping for better (no idea why I should be though lol).

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Probably why I was on the fence a lot longer than most about Snow. Even MN is interviewing guys who haven't proven anything. Now that Snow has finally pushed me off the fence I'm also willing to take a shot on anyone else.

Honestly, my first pick is Fletcher. Has experience, built a playoff perennial team. If he gets us there AND we find the right coach we'll see if Fletcher has what it takes to compete for a cup.

I wouldn't frown at a Lombardi hiring obviously. I'm just hoping for better (no idea why I should be though lol).
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Lombardi or Lamoriello. Both built Stanley Cup champions, both changed the culture of their organizations, and both are better than Garth Snow.

Reactions: SI

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Lombardi or Lamoriello. Both built Stanley Cup champions, both changed the culture of their organizations, and both are better than Garth Snow.

Wouldn't turn my nose up either, however the day Garth Snow is fired i'd like to be clapping for both that reason AND who they choose as a replacement. Not just the former. Lams or Lombs would both make me frown a little and I'd have to take a "wait and see" approach on them. They wouldn't bring me instant excitement other than the ousting of Garth Snow.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Hold up with Lou is toronto. Contract bs. Hell be here the second he can get here. May come with a joint Lombardi annoucement. Timeframe is around the finals or after.

Not sure what this means for snow. I know some said new president, not what im hearing.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hold up with Lou is toronto. Contract bs. Hell be here the second he can get here. May come with a joint Lombardi annoucement. Timeframe is around the finals or after.

Not sure what this means for snow. I know some said new president, not what im hearing.

I'm not being a dick, but who exactly are you hearing this from besides all the same people we are as well?

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County

What page did you previously write this?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not being a dick, but who exactly are you hearing this from besides all the same people we are as well?

Here is the Recap of it - GT has a connection with an ex Isles media guy (cameraman) - he claims that it is a done deal and Lou will be the GM- his son was working this behind the scenes.

My question is what does Lombardi have to do with this? Is Lonbardi going to be president and lou GM?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

scott99

May 13, 2005
Larry Brooks with an article on the possibility of lou coming.

Now its just turning into a terribly kept secret.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/28/long-island-lou-lamoriello-dont-rule-out-one-last-rescue/

We have to deal with the secrecy of lou coming until 6/30, unless theres a major leak before hand, or lou can terminate the deal earlier. But theres way too smoke here people, and it has nothing to do with dean lombardi.
I would prefer to have Lou in place BEFORE the draft and before free agency.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

With respect...

Who are you to be "hearing" anything?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Look how cute the Isles are...They are going after a guy who has less playoff series wins than snow to make him feel better.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Look how cute the Isles are...They are going after a guy who has less playoff series wins than snow to make him feel better.

Is that a knock on Lou as a Leafs Gm? for 2.5 years? where he built a hell of a core that will compete for years to come? Because he has only been there since july of 2015.

If only he had worked another organization for like, 28 years, and built a team that went to play for 5 cups and win 3. (25 playoff series wins in that time)

"Lou's a model for our business. This is not just the best run franchise in the NHL, it’s the best-run franchise in pro sports," - Brian Burke re: Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad