Islanders Point Blank: Isles looking to hire top hockey executive

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Was just coming to post this. Ok, so we moved from Twitter/message board rumor to an actual report; not bad. I don't know enough about those candidates, but all of them come from winning organizations.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
This will go as well as Neil Smith went. As ive been saying for a long time something Wang did made Snow unfirable. A new GM will be here just to speak tobthe fans and keep botta off ledeckys back. Snow is a control freak he will control the GM. snow controlled 3 millionairs semi billionairs in the last 3 years with his mind games. A low level tom fitzgerald is a walk in the park for Snow.....Also Ledeckys been searching for a hockey guy for a few years...nothibg new here...hes probably driving a 20 year old car bwcause hes searching a new car.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and SI90

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
You can't have a qualified candidate if Snow still holds some sort of power with hockey operations.

Exactly why Bill Belichick resigned as Jets head coach - when Parcells decided he'd hang around with the Jets for a while even though he wasn't coach anymore.

Reactions: SI90

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Fenton would be a huge get for this team, so he'll probably decline the position and we'll end up with a mentally checked-out Lou Lam and his son who has probably caught Garth-itis by now.

Reactions: bigtim1988

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The smart money says Botta is working everyone because he has as many Islanders sources as I do.

He actually does have sources. What concerns me is he working everyone because he hates Snow so much and just wants this out there with the hopes of Snow seeing it and wondering about his future.

The funny thing is though if the isles owners really were looking for an Executive or executives I don’t think they’d blindside Snow unless they planned on firing him which doesn’t sound like the case.

1JB2

Feb 13, 2018
Massapequa

From what I've read, Isles are looking to move Snow to a different role and the new exec would be the GM. Ledecky said after the playoffs they will start contacting teams about different executives. I wouldn't want a team to contact me while my team was in the middle of a playoff series. Im not sure on the rules in the NHL when it comes to this because Garth has been GM since I was 15! So sad that its funny

Last edited:

1JB2

Feb 13, 2018
Massapequa
My personal opinion. Ledecky has done this before and stuck with Garth so common sense tells me he's not going to strike out twice but this is Ledecky were talking about. Lets just pray for the best we all deserve it

Reactions: IODCPiper

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I smell a media fight night!!

Andrew works for Newsday remember. He's gotta be a company man.

Botta was a source but is now on his own and less connected.

The Rob kid is an upstart reporter with zero connections and a fan POV.

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1