Islanders Point Blank: Isles looking to hire top hockey executive

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Quick googling told me Chris is married to Vicki Movsessian (olympic winner 1998, ice hockey), and she is from Lexington massachussets. And quick googlemapping tells me Lexinton is 10 miles from Boston..... Think!
Lou ran Providence for years and years before he came to the NHL, his kid was born in New England, Snow went to Maine, Providence is in New England, Maine is in New England, our former coach is from Rhode Island. Connect the dots for yourselves.....

Snow will remain GM, Lamoriello is being hired because he’s from New England, and he’s being brought here to entice Jack Capuano back to the organization.

The Isles are so friggin incestuous:laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Lou ran Providence for years and years before he came to the NHL, his kid was born in New England, Snow went to Maine, Providence is in New England, Maine is in New England, our former coach is from Rhode Island. Connect the dots for yourselves.....

Snow will remain GM, Lamoriello is being hired because he’s from New England, and he’s being brought here to entice Jack Capuano back to the organization.

The Isles are so friggin incestuous:laugh:
Dean Lombardi is also from Massachusetts...

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Maybe we can convince Jeff Vinik to give M&L a free counseling session!

Lightning Owner Jeff Vinik Discusses How He Turned Around a Struggling Franchise

SI: Is there a stylistic carryover between stocks and owning a pro sports team?
JV: Hire great people. I’ve definitely adopted a model of business dealings, which is hire great people, treat them as partners, not employees. Let them do their job, don’t mettle, and hold them accountable. Over the last 15 years, as I shut down my money management organization, gotten involved in more different businesses and obviously owning the Lightning, I think I’ve adopted that methodology of doing things.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If you don't yet understand how OWNERSHIP IS EVERYTHING in sports, then read this and understand why the Lightning are in a different class than the Islanders...

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If you don't yet understand how OWNERSHIP IS EVERYTHING in sports, then read this and understand why the Lightning are in a different class than the Islanders...

You don't need to post this in every thread.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
On NHL tonight, blonde host asked Elliotte Friedman “OK, how about the Isles general manager position opening right now? Are you hearing anything on that front?”

And he just says “well they have the incumbent Garf Snow, but the Lou Lamoriello rumors just will not go away.”

I wasn’t aware the GM position was open.

scott99

May 13, 2005
@AndyGraz_WFAN

Was told tonight #isles have not spoken to Lou Lamoriello...also, it was made very clear to me at this time the owner you've never heard from is calling all the plays.

I think we can put this and re-signing Tavares to bed now. It has come out that they haven’t spoken to Lamoriello OR Tavares. L&M are Wang 2.0.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
I think we can put this thread to rest. It has become obvious this team is really NOT looking for a new hockey executive. The current blowhard GM is gathering information from his top cronies and preparing for the draft. It's a pathetic and sad situation.

Reactions: 12Dog

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
We’ve been hoodwinked folks. This is Wang all over again. Malkin is supposedly calling the shots and is mainly focused on the real estate deals and Belmont. Ledecky is nothing more than mascot that takes pictures with fans. Snow will remain in charge and fun hockey operations because he the “ expert “.

Reactions: Macch

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
If anyone cares to look back to March 31/2017 post where my info was suggesting the new owners seemed to not want to disrespect Wang which was part of the reason
he needed to leave. He felt that the Isles were not really serious and to give him a call when they were. Remember this is March 2017. Fast forward to now and I suggest we dont
get hopes up about anything new & positive related to management

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
If the owners were serious about their product, Snow would have been tossed to the curb as soon as they took over as majority. The fact Snow remains after 12 years of complete nothingness and 2 pitiful seasons in a row is nauseating.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
It’s obvious that these guys are total con artists. They took advantage of a passionate and beaten down fan base in order to get their real estate deal. They do not care about the team.

I'm happy they got their arena but they are still on the hook with the hockey team they don't want. They are just going to waste 42 dates a year (draft party is 42nd)?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If the owners were serious about their product, Snow would have been tossed to the curb as soon as they took over as majority. The fact Snow remains after 12 years of complete nothingness and 2 pitiful seasons in a row is nauseating.

I agree of course, but what does it say about charles wang that he hired this fool to begin with and gave him an extension as he was walking out the door?

charles wang - The worst thing that's ever happened to the Islanders.

Reactions: IslesFanatic

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Could Wang be in business dealings with Malkin? I've heard that Malkin was interested in Chinese business and has consulted Wang on the subject.

That said, couldn't L$M just re-assign Snow to a position that satisfies all parties, and Malkin doesn't upset his business partnership with Wang.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad