Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
He didn't give him 5 years???

Garth Snow. Building a team from the bottom up. One brick at a time.
I'd say, given what he's done to a back to back 100 pt team, he built the house before the foundation, and is now digging out the foundation underneath the house causing it all to collapse into oblivion

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
wang hired snow who hired capuano, so 100% of the blame will always be on wang.
"so 100% of the blame will always be on wang"

That has always been the case with men when it comes to making bad decisions.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
He didn't give him 5 years???

Garth Snow. Building a team from the bottom up. One brick at a time.

Or is this Snow's attempt at keeping Barzal happy, since they played together on Seattle? After all, if you can't win, bring in as many drinking buddies as possible to try and keep the talent happy.

Reactions: BTrotts19

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
wang hired snow who hired capuano, so 100% of the blame will always be on wang.

Like it has already been suggested... I don’t like this new you of not blaming Snow. It’s like gravity or some other natural order has decided to break... :)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
How do you expect Snow to be fired if you take your foot off the gas pedal even for a moment to post about Wang! It's all Snow, all the time. You know this! Anything less than that and we'll be stuck with him for another season.

C'mon peri, we're all counting on you!

Trust me when I say if it was up to me...

giphy.gif

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Like it has already been suggested... I don’t like this new you of not blaming Snow. It’s like gravity or some other natural order has decided to break... :)

I'd still be blaming wang if he owner 51% of the team.

Now that it's 2018 I'll just continue to point out that snow is not good enough at his job, but 100% of the blame right now is on Ledecky & Malkin for continuing to run this team as if wang was in control.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'd still be blaming wang if he owner 51% of the team.

Now that it's 2018 I'll just continue to point out that snow is not good enough at his job, but 100% of the blame right now is on Ledecky & Malkin for continuing to run this team as if wang was in control.

This 100%.. This teams fault are not on Wang anymore. They have been at the fault of our rich owners who evidently do not care enough for how the team does on the ice. I don't care if the Belmont Arena is beautiful, nobody is going to see the team play with a first line of Ladd-Barzel-Eberle.

Reactions: Eberzal

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Trust me when I say if it was up to me...

giphy.gif

Not only do I immediately fire Snow, I hire Trevor Gillies for a day to do it and "move" his personal belongings to the curb for him.

Minutes later I'd be on the phone with Dean Lombardi to offer him the job of team president, and full control of the team and it's operations beneath him.

Edit: Then I call grounds and have them turn the sprinklers on while Snow is gathering his shit.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Maybe Scott Eansor will be an answer to a future Garth Snow trivia question . Starts like this . What was the last -

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This 100%.. This teams fault are not on Wang anymore. They have been at the fault of our rich owners who evidently do not care enough for how the team does on the ice. I don't care if the Belmont Arena is beautiful, nobody is going to see the team play with a

first line of Ladd-Barzel-Eberle.

That's
Captain Andrew Ladd - Barzal - Eberle

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Is it conceivable to take on Bobby Ryan in some capacity if we get Karlsson as well this offseason?

If done July 2nd, Ladd would have his bonus paid and his contract largely paid out. Worth noting. I think we could realistically unload Ladd.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Is it conceivable to take on Bobby Ryan in some capacity if we get Karlsson as well this offseason?

If done July 2nd, Ladd would have his bonus paid and his contract largely paid out. Worth noting. I think we could realistically unload Ladd.

It would be really dangerous, especially if Tavares re-signs. Ryan has four more years of a $7.25 cap hit, how do we fit that and Karlsson? He'd have a $3.6 million buyout cap hit for the first four years.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just did a brief mock of trading for Karlsson. Sent Beauvillier, Ho-Sang, and Bellows over there for Karlsson and Ryan. Maybe not all of them go in a deal, but figured it'd be best to err on the side of caution.

Re-signed Pulock to 1.5 per, and Gibson is backing up Greiss. Bought out Ryan and the cap room with Karlsson is ~8.5 million but we still need a RW and an extra skater.

Lee Tavares Bailey
Ladd Barzal Eberle
Dal Colle Cizikas Clutterbuck
Johnston Fritz x

Karlsson Pulock
Leddy Boychuk
Pelech Mayfield
Aho

Greiss
Gibson

We'd need Ryan to play the first year on the fourth line, then buy him out after next season. So then there's a ~$6 or 7 million raise for Karlsson, with about a $1-2 million for a Lee raise and Eberle has to take the same deal he just came off of. The bottom 6 is still atrocious but the defense doesn't look horrid there.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Just did a brief mock of trading for Karlsson. Sent Beauvillier, Ho-Sang, and Bellows over there for Karlsson and Ryan. Maybe not all of them go in a deal, but figured it'd be best to err on the side of caution.

Re-signed Pulock to 1.5 per, and Gibson is backing up Greiss. Bought out Ryan and the cap room with Karlsson is ~8.5 million but we still need a RW and an extra skater.

Lee Tavares Bailey
Ladd Barzal Eberle
Dal Colle Cizikas Clutterbuck
Johnston Fritz x

Karlsson Pulock
Leddy Boychuk
Pelech Mayfield
Aho

Greiss
Gibson

We'd need Ryan to play the first year on the fourth line, then buy him out after next season. So then there's a ~$6 or 7 million raise for Karlsson, with about a $1-2 million for a Lee raise and Eberle has to take the same deal he just came off of. The bottom 6 is still atrocious but the defense doesn't look horrid there.

I think you'd have to pay more than that for Karlsson. At the very least, you'd have to include Pulock to replace Karlsson on the Sens' roster going forward. I also think you're lacking that one prospect/player who projects to be a sure-fire top line/top pairing player.

And no offense to the Isles, but would Karlsson see them as a contender? Would he think highly enough of management to believe they could be turned into a contender? He's coming from a dysfunctional organization, so he might be really leery of going to another organization whose had a history of also being a bit ... flaky.

You've also got Karlsson playing LD for some reason. :sarcasm:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
It's hard. Snow needs to get creative though, Idk if he can manage the cap with both Karlsson and JT but this team needs more top end talent that isn't at forward. If Karlsson is your number one, Leddy 2 and Boychuk 3, yes I think with JT-Barzal down the middle you are pushing the needle to contender. Maybe you aren't the top 5 team but now you have real real pieces in place.

Snow should get creative with Ladd though. After July 1st he'd only be owed 18 million, it's not that outlandish of a thought to think he'd get moved. Plus he submits 15 teams so he still has power but I think it's something to look out for. If he went back to Ottawa as well, idk. They save some on a Ryan deal, who knows. Take back Greiss too? Be a lot of moving parts.

Ladd+Greiss+Pulock+first in 18+ first in 19 + Bellows + Toews? I don't like the idea of losing both Toews and Pulock though for practicality reasons of cost controlled young dmen. Ryan at 5.25 is manageable. Just spitballing...

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ladd isn't going anywhere, even if you find a taker he has a NMC.

He's been contributing again since he was put back in the top 6. Can't fault him for falling off a cliff having to play on that horrid 3rd line. He was on pace for 25G and 50 points before he was taken off that line.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It's hard. Snow needs to get creative though, Idk if he can manage the cap with both Karlsson and JT but this team needs more top end talent that isn't at forward. If Karlsson is your number one, Leddy 2 and Boychuk 3, yes I think with JT-Barzal down the middle you are pushing the needle to contender. Maybe you aren't the top 5 team but now you have real real pieces in place.

Snow should get creative with Ladd though. After July 1st he'd only be owed 18 million, it's not that outlandish of a thought to think he'd get moved. Plus he submits 15 teams so he still has power but I think it's something to look out for. If he went back to Ottawa as well, idk. They save some on a Ryan deal, who knows. Take back Greiss too? Be a lot of moving parts.

Ladd+Greiss+Pulock+first in 18+ first in 19 + Bellows + Toews? I don't like the idea of losing both Toews and Pulock though for practicality reasons of cost controlled young dmen. Ryan at 5.25 is manageable. Just spitballing...

You do bring up a good point on Ladd, but the NMC moves to a NTC not a modified NTC. Modified NTC kicks in 2020.

I doubt Ladd would OK a move to Ottawa.

Taking back Ryan's contract makes acquiring and signing Karlsson impossible.

I agree the GM must get creative this offseason.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Ladd isn't going anywhere, even if you find a taker he has a NMC.

He's been contributing again since he was put back in the top 6. Can't fault him for falling off a cliff having to play on that horrid 3rd line. He was on pace for 25G and 50 points before he was taken off that line.

He was not on pace for 50 points- it was more like 35-40. He was injured after the holidays and Beauvillier got hot.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
He was not on pace for 50 points- it was more like 35-40. He was injured after the holidays and Beauvillier got hot.

Beauvillier was ice cold.... playing on the 3rd line. Ladd (Edit he was on pace for 20g and 40 points). Beauviller replaced him on the 2nd line and came back to life. When Ladd came back he was put on the 3rd line and fell off a cliff. Ladd isn't the problem, 2/3 of that 3rd line is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad