Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Sorry to start a new thread, but I hate bouncing back and forth, figured 1 thread would be easier, Mods you decide...

Having said that, I've proposed on the trade side 2 moves that I think would help...

Plekanec for a 3rd & Prince...
Myers for Nelson, Hickey, & a 4th...
I think those are reasonable trades...

Lee-JT-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Plekanec-JHS
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutter
Quine

Leddy-Boy
CDH-Myers
Pelech-Pulock
Mayfield/Seids

These moves would help the team defensively and give them a face off guy...
Plus they keep both 1sts & 2nds...

What do you all think???

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I never understand the salary cap game but unloading Prince, Hickey Nelson and Kuli on LTIR wouldn't be enough would it?

Edit- Gotcha on the 50% retained, nevermind the above.

It’d be close. Remember for ltir we get to exceed the cap by the difference in Kulimens cap hit to the remaining cap space that we currently have. We’d have to acquire someone to put us over the cap by 4.2 million to maximize the amount of relief we get.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Is Plekanec any good at this point? His numbers the last two seasons are blegh.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Whatever trades we make, we need to keep Ho-Sang. Being able to roll Tavares, Barzal, Ho-Sang in a row is going to be extremely important in the playoffs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So

Plekanec for a 3rd & Prince...
Myers for Nelson, Hickey, & a 4th...
I think those are reasonable trades...

Lee-JT-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Plekanec-JHS
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutter
Quine

Leddy-Boy
CDH-Myers
Pelech-Pulock
Mayfield/Seids

These moves would help the team defensively and give them a face off guy...
Plus they keep both 1sts & 2nds...

What do you all think???
I really the Myers for Nelson + proposal.

I thought Myers had a ntc though?

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I really the Myers for Nelson + proposal.

I thought Myers had a ntc though?

Why would Winnipeg do that, though? They're stout at scoring forwards, they're not in cap trouble, they're a good team, Myers is having a good year for them and Enstrom is UFA at the end of the year, so they'll need a top 4 defenseman.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
I think Trouba is the target. WPG knows he doesnt want to be there long term. The problem is both the Isles & Jets are playing so well right now. Trade happens closer to deadline....Garth will slot Trouba with Leddy as our #1 D pair for next 5 + years.

Trouba & one of ( Dano, Lowry or Matthias ) for Nelson, Beau, Pulock and 2018 #1 pick

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I think Trouba is the target. WPG knows he doesnt want to be there long term. The problem is both the Isles & Jets are playing so well right now. Trade happens closer to deadline....Garth will slot Trouba with Leddy as our #1 D pair for next 5 + years.

Trouba & one of ( Dano, Lowry or Matthias ) for Nelson, Beau, Pulock and 2018 #1 pick

I thought Trouba was the offseason target.

I don't think you get him at the deadline.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I used to love Plekanec but he is very washed up right now, would not want him.

As for the Jets, they may be the best team in the league, they dominate teams, they are not dealing Myers, I can see Isles dealing CDH for Winnipeg for futures if they are talking. Isles have 8 dmen, maybe they want Hickey, who knows...

The deal the Isles should make it, would be Halak and a draft pick for Luongo. I watched Luongo play his last few games, he steals games, (beat CBJ last night). I think a hot Luongo in net would get the Isles the cup, the defense could use upgrade but a goalie that can steal games will be more important. Would be ironic too, since his career would like like Isles/Florida/Vancouver/Florida/Isles, symmetry. I felt trading him to get DP was a horrible move at the time and set the team back and it would be irony as well if getting him back brought us the cup

I like the Isles in low risk moves right now, nothing that would deal from forward depth

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Would love Luongo back with the Isles. Big upgrade....i agree. I also agree with Costigan 77 that if the Jets keep playing this well Trouba will have to be an offseason acquisition.

Maybe with Buffalo out of the playoff race they might be tempted to trade for futures and we can get our Top right handed dman to team with Leddy

Ristolainen for Pulock, Beau, 2018 #1st and 2018 2nd

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Would love Luongo back with the Isles. Big upgrade....i agree. I also agree with Costigan 77 that if the Jets keep playing this well Trouba will have to be an offseason acquisition.

Maybe with Buffalo out of the playoff race they might be tempted to trade for futures and we can get our Top right handed dman to team with Leddy

Ristolainen for Pulock, Beau, 2018 #1st and 2018 2nd

Buffalo is not trading Ristolainen, and good teams don't put their two best defensemen on the same pairing.

This is not EA Sports.

It's not like Boychuk and Leddy don't have chemistry either...like come on man.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Buffalo is not trading Ristolainen, and good teams don't put their two best defensemen on the same pairing.

This is not EA Sports.

It's not like Boychuk and Leddy don't have chemistry either...like come on man.

What?? Of course teams do.....thats why its called a " Top Pairing" or #1 D . Boychuk is good and he has chemistry with Leddy but he is not a Top pairing defensman. He is a perfect #2 guy

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Why would Winnipeg do that, though? They're stout at scoring forwards, they're not in cap trouble, they're a good team, Myers is having a good year for them and Enstrom is UFA at the end of the year, so they'll need a top 4 defenseman.

I mentioned Myers on the Jets board and they have no problem moving him, even for Nelson & a reasonable plus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad