Speculation: Is Edmonton a contender for both Maroon and Kane this offseason? Can they afford both?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maroon? Yes. Evander Kane? No.

The Oilers have very little cap space available this summer to add via free agency.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Is it possible Edmonton gets both this offseason? They seem like they'd be the perfect wingers for McDavid.

Pretty solid top 6 imo.
Maroon - McDavid - Kane
RNH - Drai - Pulji

As a Flames fan I hope so but I doubt they can afford it or that he would have s ton of interest after his time in Winnipeg.

That top 6 looks pretty poor though so that would be nice.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
The salary cap is a thing

So is player positions. Kane is not a right winger and neither is just about anyone in Edmonton. And RNH is not a winger. He's playing there now cause screw it, their season is done.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Unfortunately it's much more likely Kane is coming home to Vancouver, especially considering how many times it's been rumored that the Canucks have interest in Kane and everything they've said in terms of who they're looking for matches up with Kane (Top-9 forward, big player, want a winger).

Reactions: north49er

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Is it possible Edmonton gets both this offseason? They seem like they'd be the perfect wingers for McDavid.

Pretty solid top 6 imo.
Maroon - McDavid - Kane
RNH - Drai - Pulji
Evander Kane is the worst possible player you can sign this off-season for this team. He is enigmatic, overrated, above average winger at best. Sorry no way in h*** I want Evander near this team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Evander Kane is the worst possible player you can sign this off-season for this team. He is enigmatic, overrated, above average winger at best. Sorry no way in h*** I want Evander near this team.

No offense, but Evander would turn down Edmonton far before Edmonton would turn down Evander. The Oilers currently have zero top-6 wingers. They aren’t in a position to turn down Kane.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013

Beggars can't be choosers there pal

Reactions: Maticus

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Flames fan I hope so but I doubt they can afford it or that he would have s ton of interest after his time in Winnipeg.

That top 6 looks pretty poor though so that would be nice.
lol. Better than the Flames, so it sucks that both Albertan teams would have such bad top 6s.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kane seems to be fitting in with San Jose, doubt he wants to leave a good situation to play for a market that is known for running talent out of there.

Reactions: Hockey down under

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Edmonton can't afford Maroon and Kane? What exactly is the plan? That's sad. They just going to run a team with good centers and bottom 6 wingers up and down?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Want nothing to do with Kane and wont have the cap space anyway considering he'll probably ask for 6 mil+. Maroon I'd welcome back provided it's on a reasonable deal ~2.5 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad