Speculation: Is Edmonton a contender for both Maroon and Kane this offseason? Can they afford both?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Kane might not gel with Edmonton's mentality

His statement about certain people not getting the whole swagger thing has more to do with performance. HE often struggles and goes 10+ games between goals (when with Atlanta and Peg) and Edmonton has a nasty habit of taking those kind of athletes out behind the tool shed when they have swagger but zero performance at the same time.

I can see Kane going to none tradition market where he is not under the microscope so much

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Do Oiler fans not realize that McDavid's caphit is going from 1mill to 12.5mill? Plus there's raises to guys like Nurse that will add 4 mill of caphit.

Reactions: Devonator

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It's pretty funny how Edmonton both sucks and is out of cap space.

We have lots this year, Chia just decided to save it like some Scrooge. Next season we’re f***ed unless the cap goes to 85 million and Lucic, Sekera and Russel waive their NMC’s....

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
lucic,russel,sekera are making 15.5 million, for at least another 3 years after this year lol.
Edm is so f***ed cap wise.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I do not think the OP is an oiler fan

He posts on the Oilers boards and participates in their GDT's.

So what makes you think he's not an Oilers fan?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
cap going up doesn't matter, players salaries go up with the cap.
Not if players are locked up already ala RNH/McD/Drai

As for the OP.. are the Oilers contenders with Maroon+Eberle? ;)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd love if the oilers signed Kane but I suspect since he escaped the Canadian Interior, he won't be looking to go back.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As a Flames fan I hope so but I doubt they can afford it or that he would have s ton of interest after his time in Winnipeg.

That top 6 looks pretty poor though so that would be nice.

Self-destructive tendencies are unhealthy and can be a sign of a bigger problem.

Kane is probably staying in San Jose but if he leaves he's sure as hell not going to Edmonton lol.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Lucic, Maroon AND Kane all with rich contracts on the same team would be retahhhhded :laugh:

Go for it, Edmonton.
Our general manager is the most reta*ded individual involved in hockey at any level, be it NHL, major junior, peewee, or Nintendo air hockey. He'd absolutely be stupid enough to do it. Not even a down syndrome monkey would be dumb enough to trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, but here we are...
lucic,russel,sekera are making 15.5 million, for at least another 3 years after this year lol.
Edm is so ****ed cap wise.
Yeah but if you look at it as Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson AND Milan Lucic. It's not that bad.
:help:

Peter Chiarelli should be fined for being an Islanders/Devils double agent attempting to sabotage the Oilers.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
maybe we should ;)

but no i don't believe the Oilers would bring in 2 more LW with a gaping hole on the RW.
I believe it. We have a GM that traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, Mat Barzal+33 for Griffin Reinhart, Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome, signed Milan Lucic for 6x7 with an NMC, Kris Russell for 4x4 with an NMC, and bought out Benoit Pouliot despite having 8 million in cap space.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I believe it. We have a GM that traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, Mat Barzal+33 for Griffin Reinhart, Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome, signed Milan Lucic for 6x7 with an NMC, Kris Russell for 4x4 with an NMC, and bought out Benoit Pouliot despite having 8 million in cap space.

^grounds for dismissal right there but he won't be will he? o_O

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
^grounds for dismissal right there but he won't be will he? o_O
Naw our president of hockey operations Bob Nicholson is best buddies with Peter Chiarelli since their days on hockey Canada, and would probably trade Leon Draisaitl blaming him for not being Malkin before sacking the worst negotiating GM in the NHL. It's Kevin Lowe/Craig MacTavish all over again, except somehow Chiarelli is a WORSE GM than either of those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad