Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Florida is gonna make it in. It’s us an jersey fighting for a spot. Philly and NJD have more ROW, Jersey a game in hand.. and we are supposed to act like it’s okay?
Why do you feel Florida going to make it in?

I'm not saying they won't; I'm just trying to follow your reasoning.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Why do you feel Florida going to make it in?

I'm not saying they won't; I'm just trying to follow your reasoning.
Because they have games in hand and a favorable schedule.

8/14 games vs non playoff teams.
We will say 5 wins.
3 wins in the other 6 games. 93 points.

CBJ win 6 out of last 11, we also get 93 points.

Cbj miss bc of ROW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
ROW matter.

Also last week teams like BOS and NSH May be resting players.

Boston may be competing for the President's trophy in the last week of the season. May rest players the last game, but the last week? We'll see.

ROW do matter, but it's one or two. Philly has been falling hard for the past three weeks and Jersey is far from a lock. It really can go either way for both of them.

I'll stand by my point. Keep taking care of our own business and we'll be fine.

Reactions: thebus88

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Also: beat Florida in our remaining game against them and their games at hand don't mean squat.

Take care of our own business.
And if Florida wins vs us?

Every team controls their own destiny, so let’s not pretend it’s only the CBJ. And actually if every team plays .750 the rest of the way, we would be the odd team out.. so I would say we control less of our destiny than other teams do. That is why I don’t feel overly confident in our team, especially with how bipolar they play at times.

I stand by my point that I am not going to be “confident” in our team winning in the playoffs until they go out and get into the playoffs.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Every team controls their own destiny, so let’s not pretend it’s only the CBJ. And actually if every team plays .750 the rest of the way, we would be the odd team out.. so I would say we control less of our destiny than other teams do. That is why I don’t feel overly confident in our team, especially with how bipolar they play at times.

I stand by my point that I am not going to be “confident” in our team winning in the playoffs until they go out and get into the playoffs.

Agree to disagree. Every team around us isn't going to play .750 hockey.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Is this so the Jackets get another shot at the Pens or so that they can continue to torment the Columbus fan base?
I may be the only one rooting for the Pens because I want them to win the Metro. We have a good chance for the three spot which would pit us against the Caps. Not saying we're going to win, but we know them and always play good close games.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Agree to disagree. Every team around us isn't going to play .750 hockey.

Or they do but we don’t, which could happen.

But why waste energy thinking that way? I have a hard time with these posters who continue to bellyache when we’ve won six straight and have just won a hugely important game in which we never trailed- on the road in Philly. At this point, they’re just covering their bases so as not to be wrong.

Right now, the team is winning when it has to. If some fans still want to worry, well those are their own calories to burn. Even if their worst-case (read: safe to make) prognostications come true, I’m not going to think they’re any smarter. Just more afraid.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Avatar bet that every other team(FL,NJ,PHL) doesn't play .750 hockey?

The loser changes their signature to whatever the winner chooses for an entire season.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Or they do but we don’t, which could happen.

But why waste energy thinking that way? I have a hard time with these posters who continue to bellyache when we’ve won six straight and have just won a hugely important game in which we never trailed- on the road in Philly. At this point, they’re just covering their bases so as not to be wrong.

Right now, the team is winning when it has to. If some fans still want to worry, well those are their own calories to burn. Even if their worst-case (read: safe to make) prognostications come true, I’m not going to think they’re any smarter. Just more afraid.
Lol because Florida and Jersey haven’t been winning crucial games? Give me a break. Covering our bases? What am I trying to prove other than we aren’t a lock to make the playoffs like so many here seem to think we are?

So tired of the group think attitude on these boards. Have a different view and you’re not a fan, or you’re alienated. fascist honestly.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Lol because Florida and Jersey haven’t been winning crucial games? Give me a break. Covering our bases? What am I trying to prove other than we aren’t a lock to make the playoffs like so many here seem to think we are?

So tired of the group think attitude on these boards. Have a different view and you’re not a fan, or you’re alienated. fascist honestly.

The reason you get "alienated" is because you come off as a giant asshole when you voice your opinion. You come across like your opinion is fact and that anybody else is stupid because they don't think the same way. I used to be that way too, eventually you grow up.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I might be the only one who wants to play Pittsburgh. The jackets will always be "little brother" until we beat them in the playoffs. And even if we do win, they will still try to shove how many cups they have in our face.

But I'll be happy with a playoff series over Pittsburgh. Gotta start somewhere and these guys are good enough to beat them if they're healthy.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

You are correct it’s hardly a lock fit the Jackets to make the playoffs. But those who are suggesting there’s a good chance they will are countering those who’ve posted a more negative outlook, you know like yours. There’s no ‘groupthink’ or ‘fascists’ there are only people with differing opinions. I’m sorry that doesn’t sit well with you.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
The reason you get "alienated" is because you come off as a giant ******* when you voice your opinion. You come across like your opinion is fact and that anybody else is stupid because they don't think the same way. I used to be that way too, eventually you grow up.
Lol mods how is this allowed?

Nope, not fact. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad