Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Jack with just 15 min tonight, so it makes sence. You don't sit Murr the way he played those last 2 games, it's unfair. Nutti is out of question. Z is playing very poor lately, but when Seth returns it should be back to normal for him.

Werenski has always scared me defensively, but his offensive skill and vision makes up for his defensive zone shortcomings.

One can't say the same about Jack Johnson.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I'd imagine Jack Johnson gets to sit a game or two if Seth Jones comes back here soon..I'm still a little bit surprised at the depth that we have at D-man currently...

As for playing with 7 Defenseman- I doubt it. I have a feeling that somebody would just find the edge of the bench and play very few minutes overall, which seems to typically happen. But, it's awful tempting to go with the 7 D-men look when you consider the fact that means Panarin gets a couple extra shifts a game lol.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's my guy....but Zach has been disappointing this year. He was better last year. I know it could just be a sophomore slump, I just hope he doesn't do a Matt Carle and have a great rookie year...but then regress quickly.

I don't think he will be, but it worries me.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
He's my guy....but Zach has been disappointing this year. He was better last year. I know it could just be a sophomore slump, I just hope he doesn't do a Matt Carle and have a great rookie year...but then regress quickly.

He got too big in the offseason. Lost a good chunk of that explosiveness in the first step that is absolutely necessary for any good player in the NHL. With smarter training this summer he should bounce back next year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Agreed. I think Jack is the guy that needs a wake up call the most. He gets caught out of position way too often.
You say that as though it's new or unusual for him. ;)

Of course he's constantly out of position. The reason why he's still effective is that he's such an athletic freak he can usually make up for it as soon as he realizes what happened. :D

Reactions: Derby

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Now that we've had overnight to digest things, besides the PP and PK ranging from awful to a horror show, there's one other area that is beginning to trouble me and that's our inability to put teams away. We had a two goal lead on the Rangers and if we had scored on any one of the multiple chances, they would have folded. But we dicked around with them and let them get the momentum to the point where they outplayed us for large stretches with several posts hit. Same with Detroit.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Now that we've had overnight to digest things, besides the PP and PK ranging from awful to a horror show, there's one other area that is beginning to trouble me and that's our inability to put teams away. We had a two goal lead on the Rangers and if we had scored on any one of the multiple chances, they would have folded. But we dicked around with them and let them get the momentum to the point where they outplayed us for large stretches with several posts hit. Same with Detroit.

Call me crazy....but no Seth Jones probably impacts special teams a lot and it was 3rd game in 4th night after a pretty emotional win in Boston the night before. Everyone was calling it a trap game, but I never felt CBJ were in jeopardy of losing game. The Detroit game was also the 3rd game in a 4 night stretch.

Rangers beat Pens last Wednesday...Florida needed a SO to beat NYR 11 days ago... I don't think they're the pushover that most people see.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Call me crazy....but no Seth Jones probably impacts special teams a lot and it was 3rd game in 4th night after a pretty emotional win in Boston the night before. Everyone was calling it a trap game, but I never felt CBJ were in jeopardy of losing game. The Detroit game was also the 3rd game in a 4 night stretch.

Rangers beat Pens last Wednesday...Florida needed a SO to beat NYR 11 days ago... I don't think they're the pushover that most people see.

Crazy.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Hasn't Torts said that he's going to have some sort of procedure as soon as the season ends?

Z hasn't looked right for quite some time. I don't think he was a flash in the pan.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It does seem like he is a 1/2 step off, but he's also making more mental mistakes this year. Trying too hard, maybe? But these few games without Jones, he's been...dicey.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He's also been doing this "rover" thing. Perhaps he should be playing a more traditional role if he's not 100%.
With Murray and Nutti back together I suspect we will see them both jumping up into the play more. They both play extremely aggressive when their together and they both have been playing aggressive since coming back (Nutti from his injury stealing his spot back and Murray from his healthy scratches)

Just give Zach some offensive heavy minutes and all the PP time.

It's all a moot point if Jonesy is back tomorrow.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I agree. I wonder if we had more consistent production from our forwards if Seth and Zack would play a more traditional D.
I don't mind if Zach has to play a more traditional role(similar to making Milano more accountable in his own zone) but Jonesy absolutely needs to be jumping in, he's entirely too good not to be. And he has no problem getting back and catching up with the play when he pinches.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't mind if Zach has to play a more traditional role(similar to making Milano more accountable in his own zone) but Jonesy absolutely needs to be jumping in, he's entirely too good not to be. And he has no problem getting back and catching up with the play when he pinches.

I see the same in Z. But he's been huffin and puffin for months now, so in his current state he can't be expected to do that.

I think he'd be much more productive offensively in a traditional role right now. The rover seems to take too much out of him physically.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I see the same in Z. But he's been huffin and puffin for months now, so in his current state he can't be expected to do that.

I think he'd be much more productive offensively in a traditional role right now. The rover seems to take too much out of him physically.
I mean really, his body is still getting used to playing this many games. I mean Dubois was talking about getting worn out this season and the Juniors play a lot more than the NCAA. Even if Zach is a Fitness freak and fully healthy, it takes a few seasons for you to fully adjust to playing 80+ games a season.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
JJ has to be the one to sit, the other pairs are just too good together and everyone he plays with suddenly becomes worse. Werenski-Jones is obvious Murray-Nuti both look best when paired together and Cole-Savy have been beasts who just go out and do their jobs game in and game out. Think Cole has helped calm down Savards game to where he does what he needs to do instead of trying to do too much, dudes a shot blocking machine

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
JJ has to be the one to sit, the other pairs are just too good together and everyone he plays with suddenly becomes worse. Werenski-Jones is obvious Murray-Nuti both look best when paired together and Cole-Savy have been beasts who just go out and do their jobs game in and game out. Think Cole has helped calm down Savards game to where he does what he needs to do instead of trying to do too much, dudes a shot blocking machine
And those beards though :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: