Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I watch every one of Torts sessions with the media. I don't know whyI love them so much, but he's the best at it. He's as honest as a coach can be and explains things really well, IMO.

I concur. I don't catch every one, but I always appreciate his candor.

I hope he gets them into the playoffs and goes deep and I have many crow sandwiches to eat.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Lol because Florida and Jersey haven’t been winning crucial games? Give me a break. Covering our bases? What am I trying to prove other than we aren’t a lock to make the playoffs like so many here seem to think we are?

So tired of the group think attitude on these boards. Have a different view and you’re not a fan, or you’re alienated. fascist honestly.

I don't think too many people on these boards are parading us as a "lock" to make the playoffs right now, but that we have a really good chance to make it in.. I think many people on here realize that we are playing really good hockey right now, have won 6 games in a row, and currently sit tied in points with the Flyers. That was a big win. Shoot, come 2-3 weeks ago, a number of people were sufficiently worried about making the playoffs. I think

If we keep winning like we are, the chances are better that we make the playoffs vs not making it in.. Focus on us winning and let the rest settle itself out. I'll still root for teams to beat the Flyer's, Devils, Panther's... But, I've got enough going on in my life- That I'm not getting myself too worked up about the Panther's/Devils schedule right now. Shoot, the Panthers have to play 8 games in 12 days to finish off the season.. I've got enough stress at work, that I'm not going to worry about the Panther's schedule 3 weeks from now at this point. I don't know, but having to play 8 games in that time frame makes it seem like they could lose some of those games from fatigue.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
So you posted:

And if Florida wins vs us?

Every team controls their own destiny, so let’s not pretend it’s only the CBJ. And actually if every team plays .750 the rest of the way, we would be the odd team out.. so I would say we control less of our destiny than other teams do. That is why I don’t feel overly confident in our team, especially with how bipolar they play at times.

I stand by my point that I am not going to be “confident” in our team winning in the playoffs until they go out and get into the playoffs.
I replied:
Avatar bet that every other team(FL,NJ,PHL) doesn't play .750 hockey?

The loser changes their signature to whatever the winner chooses for an entire season.

You must have missed the offer because here is your post below mine.

Lol because Florida and Jersey haven’t been winning crucial games? Give me a break. Covering our bases? What am I trying to prove other than we aren’t a lock to make the playoffs like so many here seem to think we are?

So tired of the group think attitude on these boards. Have a different view and you’re not a fan, or you’re alienated. fascist honestly.

I don't know what the group thinks. I think there is no chance that
A. All of those teams play .750 hockey
B. All of those teams have the exact same record the rest of the way.

I'm willing to bet on it.

Do you believe your opinions when you post?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
So you posted:

I replied:

You must have missed the offer because here is your post below mine.

I don't know what the group thinks. I think there is no chance that
A. All of those teams play .750 hockey
B. All of those teams have the exact same record the rest of the way.

I'm willing to bet on it.

Do you believe your opinions when you post?
And you must be incapable of understanding my point that if all the teams finish with the same record, we will miss the playoffs bc of ROW.

Yes.

We have a chance for the post season, but if those other teams take care of business too, they are in.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
And you must be incapable of understanding my point that if all the teams finish with the same record, we will miss the playoffs bc of ROW.

Yes.

We have a chance for the post season, but if those other teams take care of business too, they are in.
Are there people who don't understand the mathematics of this? I think most are arguing that the chances of this happening are slim and that you're being a wet blanket. Just my observation.

Reactions: Viqsi and Toe Pick
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Yes.

Are you willing to take the bet? All teams have the same record, because otherwise it's just noise and a bunch of empty what ifs.

What if the Jackets win their next 11 games and finish with 103 pts? What if the Jackets get to 94 points and the Devils finish with one more win, go 1-9-2 and finish with 84 points? What if Philly finishes 9-1-1? What if Florida goes bankrupt and doesn't finish the season? What if Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Carlson come down with a mysterious illness or injury and miss the playoffs?

This what if game is fun!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
IDK bout you, but I'm ready to put my mask on and "violently remove" some of the "fascism" on this board!!

For the "greater good".

Respect to all

:huh:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Are there people who don't understand the mathematics of this? I think most are arguing that the chances of this happening are slim and that you're being a wet blanket. Just my observation.
How can you say it’s slim when over the course of the season we have very similar winning/point percentages? Actually the other teams could play better than us, you’re right.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Broken collarbone. Figured I’d post it here since he’s alternated between Cleveland and CBJ this season. Tough injury for a good guy.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
How can you say it’s slim when over the course of the season we have very similar winning/point percentages? Actually the other teams could play better than us, you’re right.

That's a truly amazing post from someone who doesn't have the strength of conviction, meaning the balls, to back up this very opinion with a bet.

It's a very simple bet that you could have two ways to WIN.

You claimed that Florida, Philly and New Jersey would play .750 hockey from this weekend till the end of the season. If they do, you would win.

You also claimed that New Jersey, Florida, Philly and Columbus could all ha e ghe exact same record the rest of tbe way so the Jackets would miss out because of Regulation-overtime wins (ROW). If they all have the exact same record the rest of the way, and I'll allow for New Jersey and Florida to win their games in hand to have a chance to get the EXACT same records, you would win.

Hey, here's a third chance for you to win! In the quoted post you now added that all four teams could easily finish the season with the same record.If they do you win.

Why not back up your opinions? If you don't I think you and I will know why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
That's a truly amazing post from someone who doesn't have the strength of conviction, meaning the balls, to back up this very opinion with a bet.

It's a very simple bet that you could have two ways to WIN.

You claimed that Florida, Philly and New Jersey would play .750 hockey from this weekend till the end of the season. If they do, you would win.

You also claimed that New Jersey, Florida, Philly and Columbus could all ha e ghe exact same record the rest of tbe way so the Jackets would miss out because of Regulation-overtime wins (ROW). If they all have the exact same record the rest of the way, and I'll allow for New Jersey and Florida to win their games in hand to have a chance to get the EXACT same records, you would win.

Hey, here's a third chance for you to win! In the quoted post you now added that all four teams could easily finish the season with the same record.If they do you win.

Why not back up your opinions? If you don't I think you and I will know why.
You need to learn how to read and comprehend. No point in responding if you cannot understand the basic points I am trying to make. You can assume things and claim I say this and that but it means nothing. Cheers. Not gonna bet against the CBJ missing the playoffs you ash hat.

Philly with another win tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
You need to learn how to read and comprehend. No point in responding if you cannot understand the basic points I am trying to make. You can assume things and claim I say this and that but it means nothing. Cheers. Not gonna bet against the CBJ missing the playoffs you ash hat.

Philly with another win tonight.

Edit- quoting your older posts is a lot like quoting some guy in Washington DCs. See below

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Florida is gonna make it in. It’s us an jersey fighting for a spot. Philly and NJD have more ROW, Jersey a game in hand.. and we are supposed to act like it’s okay?

Looks like a claim to have some facts the rest of us aren't privy to.

Because they have games in hand and a favorable schedule.

8/14 games vs non playoff teams.
We will say 5 wins.
3 wins in the other 6 games. 93 points.

CBJ win 6 out of last 11, we also get 93 points.

Cbj miss bc of ROW.

Once again- everyone finishes the same and even thought the games aren't played you "know" how many ROWs each team will have even thought these teams are with ONE ROW of each other, and the Jackets in fact don't have the fewest.

And if Florida wins vs us?

Every team controls their own destiny, so let’s not pretend it’s only the CBJ. And actually if every team plays .750 the rest of the way, we would be the odd team out.. so I would say we control less of our destiny than other teams do. That is why I don’t feel overly confident in our team, especially with how bipolar they play at times.

I stand by my point that I am not going to be “confident” in our team winning in the playoffs until they go out and get into the playoffs.

Right....too funny

The point was if every team wins the same amount of games, has the same winning percentage, we will be out of the playoffs.

Many posters probably believe the Jackets aren't a lock. They just don't make posts like this.

But hey in responding to someone who said it's statistically very unlikely that these four teams end up with the exact same record you posted:

I can't speak for every other poster. I don't know whether the Blue Jackets will make the playoffs or not. I'm enjoying the ride either way.

Your posts speak for themselves.

Reactions: Viqsi

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
I might be the only one who wants to play Pittsburgh. The jackets will always be "little brother" until we beat them in the playoffs. And even if we do win, they will still try to shove how many cups they have in our face.

But I'll be happy with a playoff series over Pittsburgh. Gotta start somewhere and these guys are good enough to beat them if they're healthy.

You're not the only one...My thought exactly. Winning the Cup would feel a bit hollow without whooping the Pens along the way. There's only one way to shut them up...

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Looks like a claim to have some facts the rest of us aren't privy to.

Once again- everyone finishes the same and even thought the games aren't played you "know" how many ROWs each team will have even thought these teams are with ONE ROW of each other, and the Jackets in fact don't have the fewest.

Right....too funny

Many posters probably believe the Jackets aren't a lock. They just don't make posts like this.

But hey in responding to someone who said it's statistically very unlikely that these four teams end up with the exact same record you posted:

I can't speak for every other poster. I don't know whether the Blue Jackets will make the playoffs or not. I'm enjoying the ride either way.

Your posts speak for themselves.

Holy sh** you are so annoying hahah
Florida is going to make it in- an opinion.

“IF every team plays .750 the ready of the way..” IF IF IF IF! If every team wins 3 out of every 4 games in regulation, CBJ WOULD have missed the postseason at the time because we were trailing in the ROW category.

I’m done with this conversation, want to bet on if I will reply or not?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Holy sh** you are so annoying hahah
Florida is going to make it in- an opinion.

“IF every team plays .750 the ready of the way..” IF IF IF IF! If every team wins 3 out of every 4 games in regulation, CBJ WOULD have missed the postseason at the time because we were trailing in the ROW category.

I’m done with this conversation, want to bet on if I will reply or not?

I think you finally figured it out. You are annoying and have been pwned.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
With the D playing so well in this last stretch of games, who sits when Jones is ready to go?

Throwing this out there, but I think Werenski could use some rest. It's no secret he's been playing hurt for awhile....

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With the D playing so well in this last stretch of games, who sits when Jones is ready to go?

Throwing this out there, but I think Werenski could use some rest. It's no secret he's been playing hurt for awhile....

Jack or Nutivaara.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Or Murray because I don't want him getting injured before the playoffs begins. Or go with 7 D?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Jack with just 15 min tonight, so it makes sence. You don't sit Murr the way he played those last 2 games, it's unfair. Nutti is out of question. Z is playing very poor lately, but when Seth returns it should be back to normal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad