Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Wow, NJ looks like they could have an 8 game losing streak coming up. If that's the case, and we pass them, that means we'll likely get Pittsburgh in the first round again, right? At this point I'm assuming they'll win the division. If that all plays out, yay...:thumbd:

That also assumes that CBJ stay ahead of Florida and snatch the WC1. If CBJ pass NJD but Florida passes CBJ for the WC1 and CBJ ends up in WC2 position, CBJ almost assured of playing the Atlantic Division winner, as AD leaders have a significant lead in points over the Metro leaders. WC2 plays the team with the highest number of points in the conference, regardless of division. WC1 plays the division winner that did NOT have the highest number of points in the conference.

Florida may be a bigger issue than NJD, not just because of NJD's schedule but because Florida is only 2 points back with 3 games in hand on the CBJ. Race to the wire. Don't care who we play, just get in and Bob just cast off whatever playoff hex was put upon him!

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The highly touted Metropolitan Division hasn't lived up to its billing this season. Other than Pittsburgh, is there a legit Stanley Cup contender in the Metro? I suppose one could say Philly-but I think that's a stretch. The rest have virtually no chance to win it all. Watch-Washington will break through and win it all. LOL

Florida is probably playing better than any Metro team right now. They've got almost no chance of finishing in the top 3 in their division whereas the CBJ are only 8 points from being on top of their division.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Florida doesn't have a run of games where they make up the games in hand, either, so we'll have that right down to the end of the season. In fact, Florida plays in the only game on the last day of the regular season.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
200.gif

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Florida doesn't have a run of games where they make up the games in hand, either, so we'll have that right down to the end of the season. In fact, Florida plays in the only game on the last day of the regular season.
I don't think we're in contention with Florida. With the ease of their schedule and games in hand, they're probably going to get a wild card spot. We're in contention with New Jersey.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Dubinsky 0 goals 0 assists 0 points -6 in last 12 games.

Dubinsky for Bobby Ryan with Ottawa retaining $700,000 which would make each team liable for the same amount of salary each year? Ryan has one more year on his deal than Dubinsky. Ryan AAV (salary + bonus the same) $7.25m. Dubinsky (salary/AAV identical) $5.85m per year.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dubinsky 0 goals 0 assists 0 points -6 in last 12 games.

Dubinsky for Bobby Ryan with Ottawa retaining $700,000 which would make each team liable for the same amount of salary each year? Ryan has one more year on his deal than Dubinsky. Ryan AAV (salary + bonus the same) $7.25m. Dubinsky (salary/AAV identical) $5.85m per year.
Eh, while I share the sentiment of getting rid of Dubi, he's useful (yet EXTREMELY overpaid) in a 4th line role.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Eh, while I share the sentiment of getting rid of Dubi, he's useful (yet EXTREMELY overpaid) in a 4th line role.

Agreed. Due to his contract people will always (and rightly so) compare him to his first few seasons here, but he just isn't that guy anymore. Once you get by his offensive shortcomings and take him for what he is, a bottom 6 energy guy and PKer, he's still an NHL player. I'd keep him around unless he holds up us getting a much more important player.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I just noticed that Seth Jones has more goals and points than Johansen. Jones has been looking like a monster. Last night was the best I've seen him look.

Solid trade. ;)
Why did you watch last game? Colesick? :)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I watch as many CBJ games as I can! Always have. I consider myself a fan despite the obvious conflict of interests.

I do miss Cole. He's playing really well for you guys.
He honestly might be one of our best defenders right now outside of Jones.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I just noticed that Seth Jones has more goals and points than Johansen. Jones has been looking like a monster. Last night was the best I've seen him look.

Solid trade. ;)

A pure hockey trade. Might be one of the best trades in recent history where both teams traded a significant player and got significant returns. I hope Nashville wins the cup, them or Tampa.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Nashville? Tampa?

What about the Columbus Blue Jackets?

The NHL isn't the NBA.

Keep that bag on though, "fan".

What about them? We are playing out these last 3 weeks or so for the right to get swept by Tampa or beaten in 4-5-6 by Washington/Pittsburgh.If Philly somehow wins the division and we play them, then we can have a different conversation.

Just because I am a fan of the team doesn't have to make me blind. Also, given that we will have "playoff Bob" wouldn't you think our odds aren't very good either, bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad