Info about getting autographs before games?

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Lol it's cool, I used to do pretty much the same thing before I started going for autos all the time. It's on 31st and towards the corner of 8th Avenue. You'll see it, it has a green awning and has the number 4 in the windows.

Awesome. He's my girlfriend's favorite Ranger so I'll have a ridiculous amount of brownie points banked if she can get her Lundqvist jersey signed. Probably will head to the Flying Puck bar after the autographs and before the game. Heard some good things.

BrandNewDream

May 10, 2009
Bayonne, NJ
Its cute to get an autograph but tomorrow is ALOT more important than you getting your signatures - LEAVE OUR GUYS ALONE, let them get in and get ready.

Thank you.

It's cute that you try to tell other people what to do, but I'd like to think that the players have free will, and can easily tell the autograph seekers that they're "not signing today".

Thank you.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Its cute to get an autograph but tomorrow is ALOT more important than you getting your signatures - LEAVE OUR GUYS ALONE, let them get in and get ready.

Thank you.

I don't see the point your trying to make. If they don't want to sign then they don't have too. And I'm pretty sure if they choose to sign, signing autographs real quick for a minute outside isn't gonna affect the way they prepare for the game at all. Sure didn't have an impact Wednesday in an important game.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Its the last and most important home game of the season, you had enough chances this year to get your trinkets signed, leave them alone its as obvious as the nose on your face that these guys need to focus for the game. Less hassle the better once they get to the garden.

Thanks
Your Pal Joey Bluenote #13

letsgorangers94

Apr 8, 2010
Callahan, Girardi and MDZ come in through the main entrance and got there early yesterday around 4ish.

I'll be there for it too and Hank comes in at 4 Penn around 4:30ish, usually a little earlier. Just hang out at that entrance and you'll definitely get him.

main entrance meaning like through security that checks bags right before the game? :help:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
main entrance meaning like through security that checks bags right before the game? :help:

Yeah around there.

Its the last and most important home game of the season, you had enough chances this year to get your trinkets signed, leave them alone its as obvious as the nose on your face that these guys need to focus for the game. Less hassle the better once they get to the garden.

Thanks
Your Pal Joey Bluenote #13

Again, if they don't wanna sign all they have to say is they don't want too. And if you think that something as minuscule as this is going to effect them then I don't know what to tell you. I happened to be around MSG last home game of the year last year when it was another must win situation and I saw them signing stuff before the game. Didn't seem to effect them too much looking at the outcome.

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Awesome. He's my girlfriend's favorite Ranger so I'll have a ridiculous amount of brownie points banked if she can get her Lundqvist jersey signed. Probably will head to the Flying Puck bar after the autographs and before the game. Heard some good things.

My girlfriend absolutely loves Dubi, Del Zotto, and Lundqvist. On different occasions she has referred to them as her "husbands" haha...I get a kick out of it.

Funny story: After the Colorado game last year when we dominated them 6-1 (I believe it was Torts' first win at the Garden), my girlfriend and I waited outside the employee entrance for autographs. Sure enough, Lundqvist comes out first. We were the first ones on the guardrail and he went right over to us. Obviously, I'm pretty excited, and ask him to sign the game day magazine I bought that night. As he's doing this, my girlfriend stands in absolute shock, not knowing what to do or say. She decides to touch his suit jacket from his forearm down to his wrist in somewhat of a petting motion.

Afterwards, I go to her, "Why didn't you say anything, even something simple like 'good game'? Then she proceeded to tell me that she didn't know what to do, so she just touched his suit jacket. HAHA, ridiculous.

I also met Blair Betts that night and got his autograph. Really nice guy.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Alright, so I've never really been big on stalking the players before or after games but I've decided that the next time I get tickets it would be great if I could track down Dubinsky for just a second so my girlfriend could shake his hand and have him sign her jersey. She's been a tremendous fan since his rookie season and over the years I've started a little Dubinksy autograph collection for her, including a signed 8x10 or puck or something as a small part of her gift for each major holiday. This year I think it would be cool if she could get the signature in person so I was wondering if Dubinsky still goes in at 4 Penn and if the time is still around 4:30 for a 7pm game. Any info on how you can catch Dubi entering the garden would be appreciated.

Hockeyone01

Nov 19, 2010
trying to get an avery jersey signed pregame /post game , and was told last year he used to walk in threw 8 penn . anyone know if that entrance is still his entrance of choice ? much appriciated . . and callahan still walks in the front im guessing ?? if anyone could drop a line and let me know i wouldappriciate it . thanks alot man .. LETS GO RANGERS !

mti79

May 11, 2007
trying to get an avery jersey signed pregame /post game , and was told last year he used to walk in threw 8 penn . anyone know if that entrance is still his entrance of choice ? much appriciated . . and callahan still walks in the front im guessing ?? if anyone could drop a line and let me know i wouldappriciate it . thanks alot man .. LETS GO RANGERS !

Not sure if it's changed at all, but as far as i can recall, Aves just walks right by everyone on his way in. Very rarely does he stop for autographs before a game. I've heard he can be really nice afterwards, but have also heard that he's just a jerk too... I have not had any personal experiences so all I know is second hand.

Hockeyone01

Nov 19, 2010
Not sure if it's changed at all, but as far as i can recall, Aves just walks right by everyone on his way in. Very rarely does he stop for autographs before a game. I've heard he can be really nice afterwards, but have also heard that he's just a jerk too... I have not had any personal experiences so all I know is second hand.

Yea so I've heard . I've had a gamer that I would like to get signed . So I figured it can't hurt . Do you know where he leaves from after a game ?

GregNYR19

agitator
Oct 26, 2007
Fair Lawn, NJ
twitter.com
i sat next to rod gilbert and ran into don maloney also vs florida last tuesday jan 25....GREAT GUYS. didnt ask for autographs but im sure they would have done it. ive met rod gilbert a few times and i know hes always willing

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Rod will sign anything but a jersey...he is under contract with somebody where he can not sign jerseys ...i tried one time so i know first hand:p:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
For those who still don't know where to get autos, to me it's a lot easier to wait after the game to get them depending on who you want. Guys like Hank, Avery, Gabs and Vinny P. go out through the parking lot on the side of MSG and mostly everyone else i've seen (Boyle, Staal, Stepan, Dubinsky, Cally, and MZA now too) go out through the front entrance.

Legs Feed the Wolf

Jul 6, 2007
I know and heard alot of die hard New Yorkers, and some outta staters, come before and after games to get the players autographs. I am coming to the next Rangers home game from school in Boston and I was just wondering where and what time Derek Stepan comes in to the Garden so i can get him to sign my jersey. I would really appreciate the help. Go Rags!

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I know and heard alot of die hard New Yorkers, and some outta staters, come before and after games to get the players autographs. I am coming to the next Rangers home game from school in Boston and I was just wondering where and what time Derek Stepan comes in to the Garden so i can get him to sign my jersey. I would really appreciate the help. Go Rags!

Wait by the parking lot (where players can drive in) from around 4-4:30 just to be safe. He should be in by 4:15 though.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
thanks alot brotha...im assuming its the parking garage right next to the garden ..the one by the church and the bar?

Sorry I get confused with the streets, but it's the one that's actually connected to MSG, by the security booths. I believe it's on 33rd, smack in the middle between 7th and 8th.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Assuming you wanted to meet some players...

sorry if this has already been asked but i'm interested in potentially meeting some of the Rangers before a game. if anyone could help me out, that'd be lovely. i just wanna know how long before the game i'd have to be there. and i'm certain i know where to go to wait for them...

again, if anyone could help me with that, that'd be wonderful. thank you.

Legs Feed the Wolf

Jul 6, 2007
sorry if this has already been asked but i'm interested in potentially meeting some of the Rangers before a game. if anyone could help me out, that'd be lovely. i just wanna know how long before the game i'd have to be there. and i'm certain i know where to go to wait for them...

again, if anyone could help me with that, that'd be wonderful. thank you.

3 hours before is fine..most of em start comin in 4-410 for a 7 pm game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2