Info about getting autographs before games?

NY Ranger86

Mar 26, 2007
Ryan = Cup
madison-square-garden-3d.gif

where "31st" is. Just hang and be patient.

Scotty Hockey

Jan 6, 2006
Commack, NY
We have this thread every year (and several times each year) so I hate to have to ask but I can't find an old link - does anyone know/remember if Cally enters at the ramp or the employee's entrance? I've had a puck I wanted to have him sign for a year ...

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it? I'm sure gaboril would sign everything for fans especially with being the new ranger

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.

NY Ranger86

Mar 26, 2007
Ryan = Cup
Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.
ya preseason games are great for autographs too... (players who arent playing)
Got Zherdev and Dubinsky last year..(maybe I'm bad luck)

I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it?
Ya of course... just have to be loud and up front... or u'll get left out to dry with no autograph.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If you want Gaborik, try to learn a few Slovak phrases. Will get his attention. My wife can speak a bit of Czech and when we saw Prucha and Jagr in a bar 2 years ago, while everyone was trying to get their attention, she said a few things in Czech and they immediately turned to her.

Secondly, if you have a Gaborik jersey, and you hold it out so he can see it is his jersey, he will probably come over to you.

AND, BE POLITE!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This isn't really autograph advice, but it's sort of fitting to this thread. I passed by Gaborik and Voros on the street last night on my way into the game right near the subway entrance on 33rd and 7th. I thought it was weird because it was at 6:55PM and I figured those guys should have been inside with the team much earlier than that for meetings and what not. They didn't seem to be in a rush though, so I guess pre-season is a little more lax on that stuff.

It didn't really hit me who I was looking at until a second or two after I passed by too. I wanted to give Gabby a little ribbing about not skating but it was too late but the time I realized who I just saw.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...

Blueshirts27

Sep 14, 2009
New York
Pregame Autographs

So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...

Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.

Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

King Isles 13

Jun 12, 2006
Long Island
Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

just take them from yahoo and print them yourself. its easier and cheaper.

Legs Feed the Wolf

Jul 6, 2007
yah i was wondering too about how to get good pictures to get signed..i see all these people on the streets with top notch 8x10 pictures and what not...cosbys doesnt have the new players yet....what sites do you guys use to buy them or what store in the city or wherever you get them from?

or do you guys just print your own?

morffin

Sep 13, 2009
CT
www.mariomorgado.com
Henryk

Saw a few of the players last night as I walked around outside The Garden with my son ....Saw Henryk walking towards us on 32nd st and he looked like he didnt want to be bothered...ear buds in .... game face on.. then he saw my son with his Ranger sweater on ... stopped and said hello to the kid... my son hasnt stopped smiling since.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

Most of the regular's do this. Guy at Cosby's said they will be getting new pictures within the next week or so.

Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.

Got Kotalik and Gaborik on 33rd waiting near the security stand.

I've heard Callahan walks in through the main lobby at around 4:10 for a 7pm game. Avery is known to switch it up, but usually walks along 33rd and goes all the way down to the corner of 8th and goes in the employee entrance. Same with Higgins.

Drury is a mystery. Same with Brashear.

Lundqvist either walks down 33rd or gets a cab to drop him off right at the gate in between 7th and 8th.

Redden/Rozsival/Girardi/Voros/Vally - Haven't seen them yet in the two games I've gone to.

All in all, two games, 17 autographs on the front of my away jersey. Not a bad start to the year.

Debbie25LW

Mar 6, 2009
I have tried to catch Girardi coming in to MSG a few times now and can never seem to catch him.

danno2530

Aug 2, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
www.geocities.com
Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.

When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.

Green shaded area is the overpass (tunnel) that the players walk under and then they walk up the sidewalk, make a left and go in the loading gate entrance.

msg.jpg

mti79

May 11, 2007
Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.

Makes sense since this is the one entrance I've never even heard of.

Blueshirts27

Sep 14, 2009
New York
I just hope that everyone is mindful of the preperation these guys go through. Be polite and you will get your authgraph. Don't shove or push other fans, as we are all in it for the same reason. I can't stand when somone is standing in back of me and sticking out a shirt or jersey or puck in my face. So take it easy. LETS GO RANGERS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad