Info about getting autographs before games?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Any recent autograph experiences? I'm headed to the game on Saturday hoping to run into Girardi and get my jersey signed. I haven't caught a glimpse of him yet in a few tries around MSG.

I'm also going Saturday but I haven't seen Girardi yet. Players I've gotten at the 2 games I've gone early are Del Zotto, Gilroy, Rozsival, Gaborik, Drury, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Higgins and Lisin. I also saw Avery but he didn't sign and saw Boyle but had nothing to get autographed for him.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How did everyone do that went on Saturday getting autographs? I wound up getting Gilroy, Henrik, Rozsival, Anisimov, Brashear, Redden and a picture with Tortorella. My little brother also managed to get a puck autographed by Gaborik and his hat autographed by Dave Maloney and Torts.

Debbie25LW

Mar 6, 2009
Mission accomplished! I finally met Girardi, who signed my jersey. I also got Callahan on a puck and Staal signed a card. Special thanks to GeorgeHamiltonsTan for the advice- came in exactly where you said he would. Thanks!!

GirardiJersey.jpg

CallahanPuck.jpg

StaalCard.jpg

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Mission accomplished! I finally met Girardi, who signed my jersey. I also got Callahan on a puck and Staal signed a card. Special thanks to GeorgeHamiltonsTan for the advice- came in exactly where you said he would. Thanks!!

GirardiJersey.jpg

CallahanPuck.jpg

StaalCard.jpg

Who signed your oven mits?

:propeller

Last edited:

In Prust We Trust*

i got Gaborik's and Kotalik. They both came in the same car and they both signed my gaborik jersey :X

King Isles 13

Jun 12, 2006
Long Island
just wondering if anyone knows when the opposing teams bus comes in?? i'm going jan. 14 and wanna see if i can get any sens before i get the rangers.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Didn't go to the game Saturday but was around in the city so I was able to get Drury, Del Zotto and Callahan.

Also, does anyone know where to get Kotalik or Prospal? I haven't seen either of them yet.

FATCHAMALA11

Kneel Before Zod
Feb 16, 2006
NJ
I'm gonna be there tonight, but in a suite. Any former players walk around up there? I won't be there until 6:30 or so, I can't wait on the streets for players to come in.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Anyone got any info on where Gaborik comes in or about what time?

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
How did everyone do that went on Saturday getting autographs? I wound up getting Gilroy, Henrik, Rozsival, Anisimov, Brashear, Redden and a picture with Tortorella. My little brother also managed to get a puck autographed by Gaborik and his hat autographed by Dave Maloney and Torts.

Did you wait at the employ entrance? I can't imagine getting all these signatures. That would be sick! :laugh:

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
If you want Gaborik, try to learn a few Slovak phrases. Will get his attention. My wife can speak a bit of Czech and when we saw Prucha and Jagr in a bar 2 years ago, while everyone was trying to get their attention, she said a few things in Czech and they immediately turned to her.

Secondly, if you have a Gaborik jersey, and you hold it out so he can see it is his jersey, he will probably come over to you.

AND, BE POLITE!
What she say in Czech?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Did you wait at the employ entrance? I can't imagine getting all these signatures. That would be sick! :laugh:

:laugh: They go all in different entrances so a lot of the time it's just being lucky and catching them at the right time. Plus, I talk to a lot of the people also waiting for auto's who usually are there most of the time before the game and we help each other out figuring out where they go in and what time etc.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
i'm not going to the game tonight but i'm going to be in the city around the time when the game ends.... anybody know where to get players autographs AFTER the game (didnt wanna annoy yall with a new thread)?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Going to the game Sunday, does anyone know what time the players start coming in for a 1:00 game?

Also does anyone know where Prust and Jokinen go in?

RothmanHockey

Going to the game Sunday, does anyone know what time the players start coming in for a 1:00 game?

Also does anyone know where Prust and Jokinen go in?

I believe they're due by 10:30am, I usually see guys getting into the rink 2.5-3 hours prior for a night game. I wouldn't think it would be later because of a day game. Media entrance (8 Penn), is where some guys come in, many of the opposing players will come in that gate because they have to go past security. Some Rangers go in through the loading dock, others through 8 Penn.

Last edited:

Wayne Simmonds*

I think practices are closed to the public.

i went to a rangers open practice years ago, it was fun, shook hands with the captain himself and got him to sign a jersey, it was a funtime

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
Going to the game tonight! Trying to get some autographs.

It's a 7:30 game so I'm not really sure what time I should be waiting.
Anyone reccommend I wait somewhere if I want one of either;
  • Dubi
  • Gaborik
  • Henrik
  • Avery
  • Cally
  • Staal
  • Captain Clutch

From what I understand..
4 Penn Plaza-4:30-Avery,Dubi,Drury and Torts will be entering
33rd near security stand - Gaborik, Voros, Staal, ????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad