Info about getting autographs before games?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Going to the game tonight! Trying to get some autographs.

It's a 7:30 game so I'm not really sure what time I should be waiting.
Anyone reccommend I wait somewhere if I want one of either;
  • Dubi
  • Gaborik
  • Henrik
  • Avery
  • Cally
  • Staal
  • Captain Clutch

From what I understand..
4 Penn Plaza-4:30-Avery,Dubi,Drury and Torts will be entering
33rd near security stand - Gaborik, Voros, Staal, ????

Since game time is a half hour later, players will start coming in around 4:30 probably. Out of the people you mentioned Dubi, Henrik and Drury will all go in 4 Penn with Dru being the earliest. Gaborik used to go in at 33rd but last time I was there he switched it up and went in at 8 Penn. Same with Girardi, Cally an MDZ who go in the front, they also went in at 8 Penn. Avery goes in at 8 Penn also but don't expect for him to sign, he rarely does. Staal goes in the main entrance.

The rest I didn't mention....

4 Penn - Sullivan, Torts, Anisimov, Lisin, Prospal, Rozsival
8 Penn - Voros, Redden (Ranger announcers - Micheletti, Trautwig etc)
Main entrance - Jokinen, Prust, Shelley, Auld, Gilroy
33rd street security gates - Boyle
Across from parking garage on 31st - Christensen

Also if the Canadiens don't bus it in to the arena, they'll walk or take a cab to the game and opposing players usually go in whatever entrances along 33rd street.

Good luck tonight!

King Isles 13

Jun 12, 2006
Long Island
how'd you guys do today? im probably gunna try to finish up the rangers thursday after the game. only need like the new guys and the olympians.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
how'd you guys do today? im probably gunna try to finish up the rangers thursday after the game. only need like the new guys and the olympians.

Yup I've got everyone on the team signed on pictures (a lot of them I have multiples too) with the exceptions of Girardi (who somehow I haven't seen yet, Boyle and Avery. My goal is to get Olympic pictures signed by all the players, I've already got Jokinen.

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
Well... Thanks to your help and the help of the people around I got a bunch of autographs.

First, I saw Christenson (sp) come in. I didn't know it was him and missed the autograph. He took pictures with some girls and went in.

Then I saw Plekanek. Thanks to the beers we drank on the way in I yelled "WHO IS HE?" as he was standing a few feet away... Needless to say, I didn't get his autograph. (Although I didn't try!)

I was told to try the other entrance so I headed to the opposite side of the security booth to try my luck.................

I was speaking to some people before someone pointed out Gilroy. I caught up with him and he signed my ticket. My friend spoke to him for a few minutes about a deli they both go to...

Then I saw Dubi (who caused me to miss AA, W/e, Dubi>AA). He signed my ticket but didn't say much. Rushed in after signing everything.

After I saw Henrik but because I ran into Gilroy all the way to the side (who is awesome) I missed Hank who signed like 10 things and went in.

Then I saw Rozi who talked to everyone... joked around. All around good guy.

After that we went down to the Pizza place in Penn and had a lot of beer and headed over to the game. We were told after the game a bunch of players come out of the lobby so we went to a strip club for an hour and then headed over. lol.

We talked to Dancing larry and his counsin for about an hour before Boyle/MDZ came out. We got both their signatures and that capped it off for the night. We told them to keep up the good work and they seemed to be thankful for the support. I told Boyle I love the 4th line and how him and Prust/Shelley were doing a great job and he told me thought so as well.

All in all, it was a great day. Got a bunch of signings and had a good time. My record at regular season games still is intact as I have not been to a game the Rangers where they have won in over three years.... Yes, it is depressing.
Yes, you read that correctly... No I don't know the reason why.

(If your wondering I am probably 0-10-3)(1-0 during the playoffs :yo:)

sparny524

Mar 17, 2010
I should have followed you guys! I was standing there (by the secuirty booth) waiting and waiting and didn't see any other ranger players after Christensen. I did see Gionta and got his auto for my cousin up in Rochester who loves him but it was a bust for me. I'm going to the game again this Thursday and going early to get some more autographs. Where exactly did Hank, Avery, Dubi, and Drury come in? The main entrance/lobby?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
My post above basically covers it. Get there a little before 4 for Drury as he comes in at 4ish. Henrik comes in at 4 Penn also as well as Dubi but Henrik I've seen typically comes in 4:30 or a little earlier with Dubi coming in typically after 4:30.

sparny524

Mar 17, 2010
Sweet, so if I am standing by the security booth by how do I get to 4 Penn? Head towards Borders, take a right and walk parallel of the walkway covered by the green awning?

KotsyJr

49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
May 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
www.bitsandglory.com
Semi-related, as I walked into Cafe 31 yesterday (I want to say around 4:30?) I'm pretty sure I walked right behind Christensen. Saw Drury on the other side of the street as my parents were paying for the parking a little earlier.

Ani simov mal

Oct 1, 2008
New York
Sorry for hi-jacking, but do any of you guys know where I can get an autograph after the game? Also what time do they usually come out? Thanks.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Sweet, so if I am standing by the security booth by how do I get to 4 Penn? Head towards Borders, take a right and walk parallel of the walkway covered by the green awning?

You're talking about the security booth on 33rd? Just walk across to 31st through the underpass and walk towards 8th ave. 4 Penn is a little off the corner. Trust me you won't miss it, has the number 4 on the windows.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Sorry for hi-jacking, but do any of you guys know where I can get an autograph after the game? Also what time do they usually come out? Thanks.

I've never waited after but from what I've been told and heard, they usually come out 45 minutes to an hour after the game. A lot of them (don't know any specific's since I've never gone myself) come out at 8 Penn.

Again this is just going by what others have said, not personal experience.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

8 Penn, a lot came out from there last year. This year I've seen Gaborik, Lundqvist, Lisin, Anisimov and while they were here Higgins, Brash, Grachev, and Semenov.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Awesome info, thanks bro. I'll post results

Also if you're unsure about any locations or what players go in where, just ask around with the people waiting there. Most of them are usually there before a majority of the games and know there way around as well.

Good luck!

sparny524

Mar 17, 2010
All in all got 8 autographs today at 4 Penn in the following order: Drury, Tortorella, Lundqvist, Dubinsky, Gilroy, Anisimov, Rozsival, and Prospal. Everyone that asked got a signature but what really made my day was seeing Coach Sullivan give money to a homeless guy, real nice guy. Thanks for all the info!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone see Gaborik, Callahan, MDZ and Girardi? Last time I saw them they went in 8 Penn which was earlier in the month and I wanna try to get them before the game but I'm not sure where they go in anymore.

letsgorangers94

Apr 8, 2010
does anybody know if callahan and girardi carppol with each other? should i just wait in that parking garage for the autographs?

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Heading to the big big game tomorrow night. Do we have confirmation which entrance Hank comes in and around what time? Never had the chance to get there this early for a game so I want to make the best of it and get a royal signature!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
does anybody know if callahan and girardi carppol with each other? should i just wait in that parking garage for the autographs?

Callahan, Girardi and MDZ come in through the main entrance and got there early yesterday around 4ish.

Heading to the big big game tomorrow night. Do we have confirmation which entrance Hank comes in and around what time? Never had the chance to get there this early for a game so I want to make the best of it and get a royal signature!

I'll be there for it too and Hank comes in at 4 Penn around 4:30ish, usually a little earlier. Just hang out at that entrance and you'll definitely get him.

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
I'll be there for it too and Hank comes in at 4 Penn around 4:30ish, usually a little earlier. Just hang out at that entrance and you'll definitely get him.

And where exactly is 4 Penn? I don't tend to walk around the Garden too much when I'm there. It's usually train in, train out lol.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Lol it's cool, I used to do pretty much the same thing before I started going for autos all the time. It's on 31st and towards the corner of 8th Avenue. You'll see it, it has a green awning and has the number 4 in the windows.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Its cute to get an autograph but tomorrow is ALOT more important than you getting your signatures - LEAVE OUR GUYS ALONE, let them get in and get ready.

Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad