Info about getting autographs before games?

gravesfan4life

Nov 8, 2011
Hi All,
I am going to the game on Sunday and would love to meet some of the players before the game. I know that this thread is almost a year old but can someone tell me where players like Gaborik, Callahan, Girardi, Prust come in before the game?
Thanks all and LGR

NYR Lunchbox

Jul 23, 2007
New Jersey
figured id give this a bump and a try;

any updated info on who comes n goes where before/after games. ive met players all around the garden in years past but was curious what the '13 boys do?

thanks in advance

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
figured id give this a bump and a try;

any updated info on who comes n goes where before/after games. ive met players all around the garden in years past but was curious what the '13 boys do?

thanks in advance

I park in the garage between 30th and 31st across the street from MSG. People wait outside for players. I've asked if they saw any players and got replies like Asham, Biron, Stralman. I'm usually not early enough to see any players but I met Pete Stemkowski in the garage before a game. There is always a Rolls Royce and a Maserati parked in there on the lower level, I suspect they belong to players.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I park in the garage between 30th and 31st across the street from MSG. People wait outside for players. I've asked if they saw any players and got replies like Asham, Biron, Stralman. I'm usually not early enough to see any players but I met Pete Stemkowski in the garage before a game. There is always a Rolls Royce and a Maserati parked in there on the lower level, I suspect they belong to players.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Maserati is Lundqvist's.

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
Unfortunately the renovations to the Garden included a tunnel so that the players can drive in, get out, and have someone valet their car in the park 'n go parking lot now. They don't have to walk through a crowd of people. No more free autographs...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Unfortunately the renovations to the Garden included a tunnel so that the players can drive in, get out, and have someone valet their car in the park 'n go parking lot now. They don't have to walk through a crowd of people. No more free autographs...

You can get them after the game as they're always willing to stop and sign after they drive out. Before the game all the top guys drive straight in so it's pretty much a waste to go early if you're looking for someone like Lundqvist or Callahan.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
back in the day (2/3 LAST SSN) I used to wait by the back entrance by 8th ave and have met Zucc there.

Waited outside a game this season and didn't see ANYONE come out of the back entrance, not like, one. Only Sam.

I've met tons at that entrance: Zucc, Callie, Staal, Boyle, Gaborik, Eminger, Prust, DZ...

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i saw prust heading into a side entrance before game 4. any rangers spottings?

saw G run into the building, Benny, Mac and Staal were in Benny's car. saw Nasher drive in, in his Audi. Hank gets dropped off by an SUV livery cab. those are the only Rangers i saw.

i DID see Danny Briere, though, and i told him to go to hell. felt real good.

PassShootScore

208 Row 18
May 30, 2010
Long Island
saw G run into the building, Benny, Mac and Staal were in Benny's car. saw Nasher drive in, in his Audi. Hank gets dropped off by an SUV livery cab. those are the only Rangers i saw.

i DID see Danny Briere, though, and i told him to go to hell. felt real good.

nice, where did you see them and around what time?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
nice, where did you see them and around what time?

since the games start at 8 now, figure between 4:30 and 5 around where the lot goes down into Penn Station? just around the corner from the front of the building.

if you really want an autograph, you should go AFTER, though. Girardi looked like he was in a rush and said something about seeing us after the game, and none of the guys in their cars stopped to say hi. only person i saw give out an autograph was Brian Gionta, and i know just how much you guys want him to sign your stuff :sarcasm:

your best bet would be after the game in the same spot, if not on the corner of 8th. but where i was is where the garage is. you literally can't miss it; there are tons of tv trailers outside.

ChOyBoY

Jul 11, 2013
Brooklyn
bump. looking to get zuc's autograph on my jersey.
any ideas?

met him last year coming out the front entrance after the game. i usually never have enough time to get there early before the games, so usually waiting afterwards with a small group of usually 20 people or so..have met hagelin, mcdonagh, zuccarello, kreider, boyle all coming out through the front

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone know where the best spot to get the opposing team autographs? Coming in for the Jackets game in Feb. what hotel does the away team usually stay at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad