Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Anybody watch the scrimmage? Mismash and Ferrance both looked very impressive. Edsjell looked like a giraffe on skates.

Curious to see others opinions. I hope Lyytinen is in the AHL this year. He's steadily improved while adding to his frame. He caught my attention a few times.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody watch the scrimmage? Mismash and Ferrance both looked very impressive. Edsjell looked like a giraffe on skates.

Curious to see others opinions. I hope Lyytinen is in the AHL this year. He's steadily improved while adding to his frame. He caught my attention a few times.

Well, colorful Edsjell comment. But Masher looked good? He's the one I'd keep an eye on going forward.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Well, colorful Edsjell comment. But Masher looked good? He's the one I'd keep an eye on going forward.

I thought Mismash was the best player on the ice. More skill than I expected, and the game looks slow for him.

Tolvanen didn't jump out to me like Fiala did in the past when I've watched camp. (I've seen camp every year back to Watson's 2nd camp I believe) He didn't look bad, but I was hopeful for more. He does have a good shot, but still looks the part of young developing player....which is ok.

Gold had several of what I would call the almost NHL defenseman with Lyytinen, Dougherty, Allard. All 3 looked very steady, calm with the puck, played the body, crisp breakouts, which is expected for them at their development stage. White had a line of Girard and Carrier and both really excel at carrying the puck out of their zone. Girard is silky smooth as advertised and really has some impressive speed.

I would say you can really tell the difference in the ages/stages the players are at, which to me makes Mismash and Ferrance that much more impressive.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
I was actually more impressed with Eeli's brother than Eeli. But, I agree with the above posters: Mismash looked good. I liked Lyytinen and Carrier. Vomacka didn't look bad either. At least to my highly untrained eye.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
What about the midgets? Like Harper, Kelleher, and Pitlick?

Kelleher scored twice. Left Shortridge looking dazed and confused on one of them. The puck was in the net and Shortridge was still looking in front of him for the puck.

Didn't really notice Harper or Pitlick.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Kelleher from what I've heard has been one of the more impressive guys all camp long.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
O'Brien already re-signed. There's mutual interest between the team and Pardy about a return but he might get a better offer elsewhere. Don't know about Payerl.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I thought that Moy, Farrance, and Kelleher all looked really good. Harper and Mismash looked good as well. I agree with everyone who said both Tolvanen and Edjsell were underwhelming. Neither really stood out too much. On the d-side, Girard and Fabbro looked good. Girard's skating was super impressive. I didn't expect much from the goalies, and they delivered. None of them played well except for Vomacka.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Harper is TINY. I'm not exaggerating when I say he looks like he is 12 years old. He will truly have to defy the odds to make it. He can't be more than 145lbs.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I thought that Moy, Farrance, and Kelleher all looked really good. Harper and Mismash looked good as well. I agree with everyone who said both Tolvanen and Edjsell were underwhelming. Neither really stood out too much. On the d-side, Girard and Fabbro looked good. Girard's skating was super impressive. I didn't expect much from the goalies, and they delivered. None of them played well except for Vomacka.

Moy was a pleasant surprise to me. I had a buddy play with him at Harvard and he says he's the perfect mix of size and skill. His college numbers were boosted by a very seniored Harvard team. Moy has some solid hands and a strong wrister.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

Not in any order:

Vladislav Kamenev
Samuel Girard
Dante Fabbro
Patrick Harper
Yakov Trenin
Alexandre Carrier
Victor Ejdsell
Frederic Allard
Emil Pettersson
Rem Pitlick

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
What do you guys think of tyler moy? Had his best year at Harvard and finished up in the AHL

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
What do you guys think of tyler moy? Had his best year at Harvard and finished up in the AHL

Great combo of size and skill. Strong shot. I think his Harvard numbers were a bit inflated because of a very experienced, very deep Harvard team. A year in the AHL will do him some good then we'll see. He's definitely not ready to make the team yet.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

He's progressed exactly the way one would hope. He seemed to be a leader at dev camp this year. The game looked slow for him when watching them scrimmage.

He has caught my attention after admittedly overlooking him. I think he's got a chance to be more offensively minded than I expected and he's got a solid frame. Both things I had mistakenly assumed wrong on. It's still early but he's caught my interest to see how he does in Milwaukee for a full year.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Not sure if anybody else has, but I just listened to theat first episode of the Road to Nashville podcast and I thought it was pretty good. Both the guys are knowledgeable and one of them is from the Ads roundtable so he obviously knows what he is talking about. The user submitted questions were a bit basic, but that's to be expected. It even featured an update on Diaby!

http://penaltyboxradio.com/blog/2017/07/03/the-road-to-nashville-podcast-episode-1/

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I was impressed with Moy. In three games with the Ads, he scored 1 G 3 A and was +3.

For somebody who is New, that was a good question!

Last edited:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Tyler Moy had just turned 17 when he started at Harvard... he must be pretty smart

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals signed Derek Army to a 1 year AHL contract. Last year he played in 37 games with 7 G 5 A with +8 in Milwaukee.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
apparently we signed Mike Liambas who was with your AHL team last year. Scouting report? Looking at his stats, he seems like an enforcer type, but he's only 5'10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad