Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads have won 3 games in a row, but so has Rockford. The Ads remain 5 points behind the IceHogs with one game in hand. They two teams don't play each other the rest of the season.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Man that Dallas goalie was rough. Think at one point it was 4 goals on like 13 shots?

You are correct! It was also 1 goal on 2 shots, 2 goals on 5 shots and 3 goals on 8 shots. Bow finished the game with a stellar 81% save average from 17 saves on 21 shots, plus an ENG by Smith. The fans here in Milwaukee love him!

How did you see the game? AHL Live?

The Admirals magic number is 20, the same as Iowa, but the Wild has 1 fewer game remaining; Rockford is 12. The Admirals have to make up 6 points on Rockford to get the #4 spot. If they do, at the moment they would play Chicago in round 1, a best of 5 games.

On the positive side, the Admirals have scored 17 goals in the last three games. Tonight, they play Grand Rapids, the #3 team in the division and a team that has had the Ads number over the last 5 seasons. Time to defeat the Griffins, who have won all 4 games in Milwaukee this season (6-2-1-0)!

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads were leading GR tonight 2-0 with 9:30 remaining in period 2. At the end of the period it was 3-2 Griffins. The final score was 6-2. Lindback didn't look sharp at times. I think he is tired. The should have played the back-up! Or at least put him in for period 3. Lindback should have been credited for 2 assists... for Grand Rapids. He has mishandled about 10 or 12 pucks into goals this season in front of me. He isn't another Hextall, he just thinks that he is! The Admirals are now 7 points behind Rockford. Mathematically, it is possible to catch them, but I think the season is over.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Season is probably over. Best we can do is 89 points and that's if we win our last 7 games. Grand Rapids and Manitoba only need to win 2 of their remaining 5 to get in, Chicago only 2 of their remaining 7, Rockford needs 8 points from their last 6 if we somehow manage to win all 7. Rockford has a pretty tough schedule with 5 of 6 on the road and the worst team they play is Iowa but even if they tank the Admirals have given me no confidence all year that they would take advantage of it.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
First two periods were entertaining hockey, then Ramage got tripped, GRG scored and the Admirals gave up.

Marek Lindback didn't do us any favors, I didn't have much problem with his play last night other than his complete lack of vision when playing the puck. He should have been Third Star with those 2 assists.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Working with the right goalie coach could do miracles, a big guy that has played for lowly teams so far. But more raw than that a signable undrafted prospect doesn't really get.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Another Admirals game, another game unwilling to start anyone besides Lindback. Half-way through the game and he's given up 3.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Another Admirals game, another game unwilling to start anyone besides Lindback. Half-way through the game and he's given up 3.

This is why I think Evason is on his way out. The back up is very good. He can play! Evason is running Lindback into the ground with 55 games out of 7o played. That is 78.6% of the games. If you make the playoffs, you want your #1 goalie to play about 65% of the games, or about 50 games. No wonder the Ads get bounced in Round 1. Their #1 goalie goes into the playoffs exhausted and playing the #1 seeded team. Lindy has let in 9 goals in 3 periods.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
This is why I think Evason is on his way out. The back up is very good. He can play! Evason is running Lindback into the ground with 55 games out of 7o played. That is 78.6% of the games. If you make the playoffs, you want your #1 goalie to play about 65% of the games, or about 50 games. No wonder the Ads get bounced in Round 1. Their #1 goalie goes into the playoffs exhausted and playing the #1 seeded team. Lindy has let in 9 goals in 3 periods.

I don't care if the backup is good or not, you still need to rest your starter! Ads win in a Shootout, somehow despite Justin Kirkland out of the lineup. We can beat the best team in the division, but not the team we need to beat to have a chance in making the playoffs.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads win 6-3 with Troy Grosenick in goal. It was 4-1 at the end of the first period. I believe that 6 goals is the second highest of the season. Their magic number should be 16. Rockford's is 5 after winning at San Antonio. The Ads need to win out and get some help from the Texas Stars. The Ads have 79 points to the IceHogs 84. Both teams have five games remaining.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Has there been any word on Dante Fabbro? I was kind of expecting him to sign this year and maybe get a few games under his belt in Milwaukee before the end of their season. Also has there been any update of Patrick Harper? Missed the second half of the season with an "illness", but never got any sort of follow up about his condition. I can't seem to find any recent news on either of these guys, was just curious if anyone else had anything.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If he hasn't signed now I'm guessing that means the org think Fabbro is better served with another year of college. With all the crappy 3rd pair d men we have under contract I'm cool with that. If he signs of ou college next spring he will have at least a year in Milwaukee before the Josi/Ellis contracts come up.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
If he hasn't signed now I'm guessing that means the org think Fabbro is better served with another year of college. With all the crappy 3rd pair d men we have under contract I'm cool with that. If he signs of ou college next spring he will have at least a year in Milwaukee before the Josi/Ellis contracts come up.

Yeah that was my take as well, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. If he plays on a pair with Farrance next year, I guess that's about as good as him being in Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad