Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Real great hustle and overall gritty veteranyness by Brandon Bollig just letting Thompson skate by him as he glides from center ice on Thompson's second goal. In case you haven't noticed, I think the whole veteran presence thing is bullshit.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Real great hustle and overall gritty veteranyness by Brandon Bollig just letting Thompson skate by him as he glides from center ice on Thompson's second goal. In case you haven't noticed, I think the whole veteran presence thing is bull****.

Like I said in my previous post, I could have scored twice for Chicago. Goose got hung out to dry both times. A goalie is not going to stop 2 close and open shots. Chicago had too many easy O-zone entries in the game. The Ads don't seem to get those easy entries from opponents.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals had 12 shots in regulation tonight. 12! You have to really try to suck that aggressively. They won in a shootout but it's a struggle to even watch even when they win because of stuff like that.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals had 12 shots in regulation tonight. 12! You have to really try to suck that aggressively. They won in a shootout but it's a struggle to even watch even when they win because of stuff like that.

Rockford seems to have Milwaukee's number. Last game it was 13 shots, but Milwaukee scored 4 goals against Glass. I was disturbed by ZERO shots on goal during a 4 minute player play by Milwaukee. Delia seems like a good goalie, but he really didn't get tested.

The Ads set a team record for SO wins and Kirkland is about 8 of 9 on attempts.

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The Ads lost 4-3 to Chicago in regulation. They scored 3 goals in the third period. They needed to start sooner. Chicago scored a PP goal with less than 2 minutes remaining. I never saw the boarding penalty called on Granberg. I did see two other possible boarding penalties not called in the minute or so before the whistle. The Ads needed to play more than one period to win the game. Two of Chicago's goals were situations that I could have scored. You have to prevent open players from being less than 10 feet from your goal crease!

The boarding was the right call IMO. Was a bad collision in an area that Granburg should know better.

That being said, from watching at home, the real problem was the guy at the sideboards with the puck got hit by the forward and Carrier pinched. By Carrier pinching, it left the game-winner wide open as it was basically 4-on-2 at that point.

From the TV, Daugherty looked like he was directly responsible for 2 of the goals, and even when he assisted on Harry Z's goal, he gave it away directly onto the tape of a Wolves player who mishandled the pass.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
so Dougherty sucks?

It indeed appears that way. I haven't found any truly positive reports since drafted. He looked improved after leaving college and going to the WHL, but I would expect his numbers to jump based on that. I suppose the good news would be he's still 21 which isn't too old for a stay home defenseman. I don't think the second pairing expectation from the draft will pan out. I think that could be his ceiling somewhere long down the road, but if I remember right at the draft he was a guy that was viewed to be a likely NHL player. You would have to think that's certainly not his current status.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Can't find a good link to share, but ESPN3 is airing the Boston University-Boston College game at 4:00 PM today. Will be a chance to see Fabbro in a rivalry game with a possible NCAA tournament birth on the line.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Is college considered better or worse than straight to the minors for prospects?

I think that depends on which college a player attends.

Colin Wilson went to BU for 2 years, then spent half a year in Milwaukee before Nashville. He played 553 NHL games so far.

Blake Geoffrion spent 4 years at Wisconsin, half a season in Milwaukee, then two roughly 20 game stints in Nashville. He played 55 NHL games. He retired early due to a head injury.

That Vesey guy went to Harvard for 4 years, then signed with the minor league Rangers and did practically nothing in 148 games. I miss him not!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Boston University Terriers just won the Hockey East championship for the 9th time and qualified for the NCAA defeating Providence 2-0.

Fabbro looked like a good Dman. He held the zone well, passed the puck well and played on the PP for BU.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Well that was a weekend to forget for the Admirals. 2 regulation losses.

Take 37 shots against San Diego and the only non-ENG was scored by San Diego's Mike Liambas. Go figure.

Get 6 PP opportunities against Ontario and convert on 0 of them.

4 points out of fourth, but with only 22 Regulation/OT wins, tiebreakers are going to hurt more than help.

Sabre Toothed

Feb 26, 2018
The Boston University Terriers just won the Hockey East championship for the 9th time and qualified for the NCAA defeating Providence 2-0.

Fabbro looked like a good Dman. He held the zone well, passed the puck well and played on the PP for BU.
Good, we need top defensemen coming through the pipe. Hopefully Allard too.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
If the Admirals lost (again) and no one was there to see it, did it really happen?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals won at Rockford 5-2, sweeping all 5 road games against the IceHogs and ending the season 8-2-0-0 against them. Too bad that Admirals didn't have 12 games against them this season.

Former Nashville prospect Victor Ejdsell played for Rockford.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The Admirals won at Rockford 5-2, sweeping all 5 road games against the IceHogs and ending the season 8-2-0-0 against them. Too bad that Admirals didn't have 12 games against them this season.

Former Nashville prospect Victor Ejdsell played for Rockford.

So he must have come over after his Swedish league season ended? How did he look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad