Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals play at 5 CDT at home against Iowa. It is a must win game. Iowa is in 4th place in the division, 4 points ahead of the Ads. Both teams have played 66 games. Including today, there are 7 home games and 3 road games remaining, with three home games against Iowa and one road game. Milwaukee needs to win at least three of the games against the Iowa Wild to overtake them. The magic number is 25. Iowa and Rockford have magic numbers of 20.

Milwaukee has no games against Rockford. The one thing the Ads have going for them is that they went 8-2 against the IceHogs. That may be the only tie breaker in their favor.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The Jets can relate. They won 5-4, but realistically could have won 8-4 if not for Saros.
yup my site is telling me 14 high danger scoring chances for the jets to our 8. not to mention them having the puck at probably a more drastic ratio. we were on a back to back but i will reiterate, the jets are legit and i think they bounce us in 6 games if we meet.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Ads won 7-2. Milwaukee should have scored 10, but that is hockey.

The problem I had with this game is something that seems to be consistent with the Ads the past couple years... they can score when running and gunning, but set-up an offense and they can barely do anything.

I feel bad for the Iowa fans though, a month ago and they looked like a lock for the playoffs.

Reactions: adsfan

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
So many NCAA guys getting signed. Greenway (Wild), Terry (Ducks), Mittelstadt (Sabres), Borgstrom (Panthers), Gaudette (Canucks), Suess (Jets), Gambrell (Sharks), Sikura (Hawks), ..

I realize that all of those guys are drafted by their teams, but hopefully we manage to sign one of the better free agents, like Daniel Brickley, Matthew Galajda or Cale Morris for example.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The problem I had with this game is something that seems to be consistent with the Ads the past couple years... they can score when running and gunning, but set-up an offense and they can barely do anything.

I feel bad for the Iowa fans though, a month ago and they looked like a lock for the playoffs.

I remember wide open games against Chicago that the Ads would win 5-4 or 6-4 even if the Wolves were a better team in a given year. I have to agree with you about the set offense. Other teams seem to cycle the puck better than the Admirals. Other teams pass better and get more and better shots on goal.

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads magic number is now 22. Iowa still has a magic number of 20, Rockford has 18. All three teams have 9 games remaining.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have to ask. When Poile made the Ramage trade, did it help the Ads?

Ramage is a steady Dman who likes to check people. So yes and yes, both parts are helping the team. I heard one of the players yelling to "Rammer" on the ice on Sunday. That is a good nickname.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Ramage is a steady Dman who likes to check people. So yes and yes, both parts are helping the team. I heard one of the players yelling to "Rammer" on the ice on Sunday. That is a good nickname.

I'd agree, another thing that has helped I believe is the fact that Ramage is not offensively-minded. We have/had too many offensive minded D-men that pushed the puck up ice and that seemed to hinder their defensive positioning/ability.

Yakov Trenin may be loaned to the KHL club Traktor Chelyabinsk after the season, source.

Is it possible this is just to get more playing time this season? Trenin missed half the season with injury, but looked pretty solid last game showing some nice speed and stickhandling.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Is he related to the Ramage who played for the Preds in the expansion years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'd agree, another thing that has helped I believe is the fact that Ramage is not offensively-minded. We have/had too many offensive minded D-men that pushed the puck up ice and that seemed to hinder their defensive positioning/ability.

Is it possible this is just to get more playing time this season? Trenin missed half the season with injury, but looked pretty solid last game showing some nice speed and stickhandling.

Trenin also threw more than his usual amount of checks. He tends to hit people more when he is angry.

Reactions: cjerina

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad