Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Rockford lost and Grand Rapids is still playing so they're not officially eliminated yet. They're going to need to win out and have Rockford and/or Grand Rapids (who are currently leading Tucson 3-1) lose out to make it.

Rockford led 3-1 in the 3rd period and gave up the game winning goal to Texas with under 3 minutes left. If they had gotten that game to OT and the same result would've happened in the Admirals game, they would've clinched tonight. Same goes for Grand Rapids.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
When's the last time that happened? Haydar? We'll probably get more scrubs like Labrie and Bass to fill out our roster next year.

Actually Haydar was a "prospect" and Preds draft pick. But from the vein of that season... Tony Hrkac? Mathieu Darche?

I'd say the last was Kyle Wilson who was past his prime.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Actually Haydar was a "prospect" and Preds draft pick. But from the vein of that season... Tony Hrkac? Mathieu Darche?

Yeah, it's been a while. Now that we basically have no top prospects or guys that project to be high caliber NHL talent, go nuts on some of the top veteran AHL guys. Like Travis Morin and Chris Bourque would be awesome. Even one would be amazing compared to what we normally get. Hire a coach that more aligns with Laviolette's philosophy and get a couple of quality AHL veterans, players not oh they'll play the 4th line and fight type of guys. Guys who can actually put the puck in the net.

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I had to look up Kyle Wilson. I didn't remember him. He was 27 when he was here in Milwaukee in 2011-12.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I had to look up Kyle Wilson. I didn't remember him. He was 27 when he was here in Milwaukee in 2011-12.

Exactly, sign someone who has legit AHL talent and isn't hitting 30 years old and the twilight of their career (Smith, Butler, Zolniercyk)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals stay alive in the playoff race. Comeback from down a goal late and win it in OT.

Not seen on the highlights was Carrier leaving late in the 3rd after getting hit up high with a puck. Needed help getting off.

And some extra postgame celebration/kerfuffle. Love the linesman guiding the Admiral to the celebration and the random Admiral celebrating alone with his arms raised. Pretty chippy game. Grosenick wanted to fight Svedberg earlier but the ref got in the way and pointed him back as he was getting close to center ice.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Thanks for posting AF24! What you don't see is Kurtis Gabriel, #39 for the Wild, coming off the bench to try and start another fight with Bollig after the game. He did that every period of the game, yet the refs did NOTHING! I rated them as a 1.5 on a ten scale. The linesmen were also screw ups at 3.5. That was Bollig, #52, with his arms up.

"Grosenick wanted to fight Svedberg earlier" because two Admirals were knocked to the ice after the horn sounded. Troy wanted to even up the sides at the other end of the ice. Svedberg had a punch up with team Captain Trevor Smith 3 minutes into period 2. Smith got 2 minors to Svedberg's one. Svedberg came out of his crease to start throwing gloved fists at Smith. The refs pretty much had everything backwards in the game. Sedberg was out of his crease at the end of the game, probably to fight with another Admirals player, which was Trevor Smith again!

These two teams play each other two more times. I expect a line brawl as a minimum because the two refs tonight were useless at controlling Gabriel, with his bullying and taunting that went on in every period. They could have called him for unsportsmanlike conduct a few times. It was ridiculous!

Check out the AHL box score and see what penalties don't show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Seems like a wild game (no pun intended). Shots were 11-2 Wild at one point, then near the end of the game they were 29-16 Ads.

I was sitting next to my brother and we were laughing at how the Admirals were getting their asses kicked in shots again, like they usually do and then I look up in the 2nd period and see the shots are tied at 13 and I said to him, it certainly doesn't feel like the shots are even. Not that Iowa was getting shots that weren't counted or anything, just that the Admirals shots weren't really that dangerous and you don't really pay attention to a shot count when a lot of the shots aren't dangerous at all.

It was a fun game though. Except the people next to me (who left with 9 minutes left in the 3rd, oh well, their loss.) Woman called the boards a fence and they couldn't figure out why goalies left the ice on a delayed penalty and seriously wouldn't shut up for a minute.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads lost 4-3 to Chicago in a SO and Rockford won 5-3 over Iowa. The Ads do not make the playoffs this season.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Is this the first time in a while they havent made it?

They also missed it in 2014/15, which fellow Ads fans may recall as the season whose intro video boasted the fact that the Admirals had made the playoffs for the last ~8 straight seasons (or whatever it was).

I'd glad that we missed the playoffs because we could execute rather than winning and being eliminated by Rockford's win. Fire Evason, we had no offensive structure, 2 of the 3 goals were on rushes into the zone but couldn't score (or get a decent opportunity) on a 4 min PP.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
They also missed it in 2014/15, which fellow Ads fans may recall as the season whose intro video boasted the fact that the Admirals had made the playoffs for the last ~8 straight seasons (or whatever it was).

I'd glad that we missed the playoffs because we could execute rather than winning and being eliminated by Rockford's win. Fire Evason, we had no offensive structure, 2 of the 3 goals were on rushes into the zone but couldn't score (or get a decent opportunity) on a 4 min PP.

Yeah, that about sums it up!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How long until the season is actually over?

Might as well get Freddie G and Harry Z up with the big club for depth

Saturday at 6 PM against the Iowa Wild. Those 2 sat out tonight. I heard that Lindback was called up already. Carrier is hurt.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Lindback called up earlier today. Gaudreau and Zolnierczyk will presumably follow up soon since they're not playing in the final game of the season that's about to end.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Knutsen, the first AHL player from South Dakota, played up front tonight. So did Mingoia. Iowa's first two goals were assisted by ref #39, Referee: Evgenii Romasko. Even the Admirals Roundtable mentioned the first one with "The game tilted on a controversial non-call for a high stick by Matt Caito on Anthony Richard which was followed by a Gustav Bouramman goal seconds later."

Richard was able to continue playing after standing or leaning against the north end boards for a good 5 or 10 seconds to try to recover his senses. Old Evgenii was about 50 feet away and looking right at what happened, which was a stick blade to the side of the head. The Ads refused to send out a front line after the goal, kept both bench doors open and resorted to banging sticks on the boards to get the oblivious refs attention. Coach Dean Evason talked to the refs for at least one minute if not two. Nothing happened besides a replay and 9500 people booing very loudly. Troy Grosenick played his butt off in goal and deserved better than a 4-2 loss.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If you are interested, you should listen to Coach Dean Evason's comments about last night's game. I would not be able to quote him here.

Also listen to Anthony Richard's comments on what happened to him in the game.

Chatterbox, Vol. 274

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Frontenacs (Jacob Paquette) made the conference finals in the OHL, where they'll face Hamilton Bulldogs. Paquette with 1 goal and 1 assist in 11 games so far.

Voltigeurs (Pavel Koltygin) got eliminated in 5 against Victoriaville Tigres in the semifinals. Koltygin 5+2 in 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad