Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals were leading 1-0. The Stars then scored two goals in 14 seconds, the Admirals took a timeout and the Stars preceded to score two more goals in 3:39. For those who don't want to do the math that's four Texas goals in 3:53.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Nashville traded a 2018 6th round pick to the Sharks. Milwaukee is getting a goalie and a forward from their AHL affiliate, the Barracuda.

Maybe Trenin is hurt again?

I would prefer another Dman to go with the goalie; Brandon Bollig (F) and goaltender Troy Grosenick, who is from Brookfield, WI are the new guys.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

Meh.

Would have rather seen Murph moved to forward with those returns. Just concede the season at this point :-/

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
We've certainly shed a bunch of prospects this year- Edjsell, Kamenev, Girard, Aberg. All for a good cause, but you always feel better when you have lots of potential ready to come up.

Also the outflow has to be hurting Milwaukee. I know Kamenev was an important guy, even if Girard never played that many games. Too bad we didn't sign Aberg to a 2-way deal last year.

Funny how the first post in this thread is actually about us trying to get Edjsell.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
We've certainly shed a bunch of prospects this year- Edjsell, Kamenev, Girard, Aberg. All for a good cause, but you always feel better when you have lots of potential ready to come up.

Also the outflow has to be hurting Milwaukee. I know Kamenev was an important guy, even if Girard never played that many games. Too bad we didn't sign Aberg to a 2-way deal last year.

Aberg would have had to still clear waivers even if he signed a 2-way deal. The only way he ended up in Milwaukee was if they tried sending him down at the start of the season when everyone else waives their 'tweeners.

My only hope for the Admirals is with a limited number of prospects coming through the pipeline in the next ~2 years, that both the Admirals and Poile are willing to step up and sign some quality career AHL forwards that would be upgrades over Butler/Smith/Z. Imagine how terrible this Ads season would have been if Zolneircyzk did sign with Florida rather than end up here...

Trading Murphy made a ton of sense from the standpoint that he wasn't in their long-term plans, and he was taking up PP time from Lyytinen. Having 4 offensive D-men (Carrier, Murphy, Allard and Lyytinen) made little sense and when Murph wasn't a NSH draft pick, he was the obvious man out.

Reactions: adsfan and jhaf1210

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
I think Nashville/Milwaukee have been working some with the Atlanta Gladiators this season after the affiliation with Norfolk fell apart. Hopefully a full affiliation with the Preds is coming next season as I think Portland(Maine) is getting an ECHL team so Boston may want to affiliate with them.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Those trades for the Admirals are doing wonders. They have 7, count 'em 7 shots through two periods tonight.

Yes, and they scored 3 goals in period 3 on 6 shots. Sorry that the Ads were short handed for about half of period 2. The refs, who very good in period 1 were TRASH, TRASH, TRASH in period 2. Harry Z got knocked senseless in front of the Ads bench when he was sandwiched. He was laying on the ice for about 20 seconds before crawling to the bench doorway. Three of the officials conferred for about 2 minutes, then bravely moved the face off outside the blueline. What was that call? Two times in the game the Ads were called offside when the puck carrier was below the goal line. How does that happen? The Ads also got a Unsportsmanlike penalty for checking an IceHog on an icing touch up below the defensive goal line. I thought that the whistle gets blown at the dot?

Rockford had been targeting Harry Z the whole game. They did get called for tripping him, but not for the high hit they left him helpless on the ice as play continued at the other end. He did return to the game after a few minutes and threw a few heavy checks. I think he was trying to send a message.

It was my opinion that Rockford was offside on their lone goal. I thought that 2 players were offside. No replay was shown. Just like no replay was shown when Harry got sandwiched.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The new goalie played last night at Grand Rapids, which has been a house of horrors for the Ads for about 5 years. The last score that I heard was 4-1 Milwaukee. Grosenick can play every game against the Griffins after that one! The Griffins are sore LOSERS!

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Do the Ads have any shot at the playoffs?

We Admirals fans have a saying, "Don't give up the Ship" - James Lawrence in 1813 aboard the USS Chesapeake.

The short answer is: Yes, they are only 6 points out of the playoffs.

The long answer:

The team is in 6th place, but since the AHL uses percentages, it can be done. The Ads could sweep their 3-in-3 this weekend. The Ads are at .535, Rockford is .542, Iowa .582, and Grand Rapids .585. Milwaukee has 2 games in hand versus Rockford and Grand Rapids, and is even with the other teams except for Iowa and last place Cleveland at .398.

The negatives: Milwaukee's ROW is 22. The other teams have 24, 25 and 28. Milwaukee is a .500 team at home but about .550 on the road. Milwaukee has 1 home game and 2 road games against 2nd place Chicago and a home game against 1st place Manitoba.

The positives: Milwaukee has won their last 2 games and they have a back up goalie that can win on the road! They play 12 more home games and 7 road games. Each win is worth .0066 at the end of the season. A win today makes them .543 and in fifth place as Rockford is idle. Milwaukee has a 3-1-1-1 record against Grand Rapids. That should help with tie breakers. MKE has 2 games against Rockford and plays 3 against Iowa during the last week of the season, 2 home games against GR and one against Cleveland.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Officially, the Admirals won tonight 3-2 over the Wilkes Barre / Scranton Penguins in a shoot out.

Now the real unvarnished story of how the Admirals should have won in regulation, but got cheated by the Baby Pens and the so called officials.

Where to begin? Tom K is a total puss! He jumps Granberg from behind. Granberg has his gloves on. Tom K is punching him repeatedly. Granberg gets one glove off and punches Tom K one time.Tom K goes down! Tom K goes down! Tom K goes down! Tom K couldn’t take my dead grandmother in a fair fight. Nothing has changed since 2004. He was a no good back jumping SOB then and he STILL is! Tom K gets no extra 2 minutes for starting a fight. What is wrong with these refs?

These refs were bad! How bad you ask? This bad!!!!!!!

From the Admirals Roundtable:"
“With 1:21 left in the third period, Anthony Peters skated to the bench for an extra Penguin attacker. The Penguins were able to take advantage of the 6-on-5 situation as Josh Jooris tied the game at two with just 39.3 seconds remaining in regulation.”

Very little of that is true!

Here is the TRUTH! Peters skated towards his bench. Peters saw that an Admiral might get to the puck first instead of the right defenseman. He stopped to play the puck just above the left face off circle. He passed the puck to the MAN WHO CAME OFF THE BENCH TO REPLACE HIM! That was SEVEN WBS skaters on the ice! None of the 4 dolts on the ice noticed this. The crowd at the south end was screaming too many men! Too many men! Skater #6 turned up the ice and passed the puck to one of his 5 team mates that were either by the Admirals blueline or over the red line. Then with 39 seconds remaining, WBS scored a goal. That was Slap Shot bad! The four on ice officials should be docked their pay for doing that.

The game highlights skip over that sequence and only show the last 5 seconds or so when WBS scored their illegal goal. It should be modified to show what REALLY happened out there! I was there in person to see it with my own eyes. No director, no cameramen. My wife saw it too. So did a bunch of fans near the south end of the UWM Panther Arena. A lot of people missed it. I think that Aaron Sims missed it too. Nobody is perfect.

Anders Lindback was outstanding in the OT and the SO. He won the game for Milwaukee, stopping 6 shots in the OT and 3 of 4 in the Shoot Out. A game that the Admirals should have won during a PP at the end of regulation. So the refs, #2 Jarrod “The Big Ragu” Ragusin and #82 Alec “Ray Charles” Austin get the 2017-18 AHL HEAD UP THEIR BUTT AWARD! The Junior Award goes to linesmen #68 Rhodes Dolan and #71 Shaun “Of the Dead From the Neck Up” Morgan. You four BLEW IT, gentlemen. Thank God Almighty that the Admirals got 2 points, but they were cheated out of a ROW by the Zebras!

Here are the only things that the refs got right. Three minor penalties against WBS for messing with Admirals players behind the play. The boarding penalty on Granberg and the fighting penalties against him and the EVIL Tom Kostopoulos, the Dark Helmet of WBS and the AHL. Tom K. gets the Falling Down Clown of the Year Award for 2018 to go with the one he earned in the 2004 Calder Cup Finals. Well done, you minor league putz!

I spit on that dirty no good team! The only thing that the Baby Thugs did right was cycling the puck like no other AHL team that I have seen this season. It doesn’t make up for being a bunch of Slap Shot cheaters the rest of the night. They 1 point they got should be taken away by the AHL!

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Win percentage in our division doesn't matter, we all play the same amount of games. Points scored is directly correlated to Win Percentage in the method that the AHL uses.

We're still giving up 50% more shots than we take every game. Not sure how we're winning these games, but whatever.

Adsfan, did you see how many sticks Gaudet broke? He broke like 4 sticks in the game! Kris was taping one up as another breaks, Adam got the next back-up stick taped up as regulation expired. Can't say I've seen that one before.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Win percentage in our division doesn't matter, we all play the same amount of games. Points scored is directly correlated to Win Percentage in the method that the AHL uses.

We're still giving up 50% more shots than we take every game. Not sure how we're winning these games, but whatever.

Adsfan, did you see how many sticks Gaudet broke? He broke like 4 sticks in the game! Kris was taping one up as another breaks, Adam got the next back-up stick taped up as regulation expired. Can't say I've seen that one before.

I saw at least 3. One time he was by himself in the neutral zone by the boards and the stick seemed to get caught in the kick plate. Another time his stick was slashed by a Pen and it broke in the middle of the shaft. It was very odd.

Did you see WBS with 7 players on the ice around 1:45 remaining in period three?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Did you see WBS with 7 players on the ice around 1:45 remaining in period three?

No, but we're next to the bench so its difficult to see anything in that general area clearly enough to count.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals win again in another shoot out at home, 3-2 over the first place Moose!

The Admirals are in 5th place, just 4 points behind Grand Rapids.

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I can't say I expected this streak since the trade deadline.

Also, I'm getting tired of Harry Z's antics, they seem to be hurting us more than helping at this point and he has definitely gained a reputation with the refs as well.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I can't say I expected this streak since the trade deadline.

Also, I'm getting tired of Harry Z's antics, they seem to be hurting us more than helping at this point and he has definitely gained a reputation with the refs as well.

I have to agree. Harry Z talks to the refs WAY too much! He gets stupid penalties.

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads lost 4-3 to Chicago in regulation. They scored 3 goals in the third period. They needed to start sooner. Chicago scored a PP goal with less than 2 minutes remaining. I never saw the boarding penalty called on Granberg. I did see two other possible boarding penalties not called in the minute or so before the whistle. The Ads needed to play more than one period to win the game. Two of Chicago's goals were situations that I could have scored. You have to prevent open players from being less than 10 feet from your goal crease!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad