In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Seems like a good competition situation in crease in Milwaukee, bodes well for both of them.

Gortz again with 2 goals, Fiala with 2 assists.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Can't say enough about Saros. He's so calm and positionally sound. He won the game for the Ads tonight who looked like they were sleepwalking throughout pretty much the whole game but especially the first 5 minutes of the 1st period and the entire 3rd period.

The Diaby/Nakyva defense pairing was a disaster tonight. They must have spent 2 minutes straight in the defensive zone. Couldn't even clear the puck out, much less clear it out far enough to get a change.

Heard several boos for Ryan Suter when they showed him on the jumbotron of former Admirals players. Thought you guys might like that.

Fiala still needs to work on hustling as he floats a bit but he's so much better than he was at the beginning of the year and he's typically the most talented player on the ice and he showed that tonight with some good stick handling to keep the puck in the offensive zone several times.

I agree with your comment on that pairing. Nakyva has been the worst D-man on the team, until Diaby showed up. A terrible choice putting those two together.

I boo Suter, but I wasn't in my seat when that was shown. Maybe it is catching on!

Fiala assisted on the first two goals, the ones scored by Gortz. He looked good.
It is too bad that Gortz hit the post last night. He could scored a hatter.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Seems like a good competition situation in crease in Milwaukee, bodes well for both of them.

Maz has improved or he would be sitting the bench.

Saros was been 13-1 since November. He looks like Ken Dryden out there.:handclap:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Second was a great wrist shot and snipe. First was an absolute gift from Korpisalo. Not only could he not make a fairly routine glove save, he put the rebound right on to Gortz's stick. Full credit to Gortz on the shot though. I was in section 209 which isn't directly behind the net but by that goal just a bit off center and I didn't know it went in at first.

A couple of other notes. It would have been interesting if Gortz got a hat trick last night considering it was a winter hat giveaway.

I really wish they would've showed Saros' save at the end of the 2nd period last night. Saved a goal sliding right to left.

The linesmen were a disaster last night. The obvious one that sticks out in my mind is Lake Erie icing the puck with a little over two minutes left with no call. A few seconds later the Admirals iced the puck which was called. That gave Lake Erie almost a full two minutes of 6 attackers.

They also need two referees in every game. I don't care if they're underqualified. If they can skate and know the rules, that's good enough because two sets of eyes are better than one.

Full marks to the PK unit last night as well. Killed off every penalty except the fluke that went in off of Oligny. That includes a 4 minute kill where Lake Erie couldn't even get set up. It was brilliant all the way around. Text book penalty killing.

Great crowd last night too. Probably the best of the year sans the school day game.

Really need to start jotting thoughts down at games because I miss so many things.

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
it's good to hear how well saros is playing and fiala is coming along.

it's also so painfully obvious how much better Milwaukee broadcast pbp is than the preds. and no frankenstu droning on in the background

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just read this on Diaby from Ads Roundtable. Yikes.

That end line might have been unfortunate given the story Diaby told me last night. Because, there is no escaping it, this was a painful story to listen to. I didn’t know what happened to Diaby that sidelined him with the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) so I simply asked what happened. As it turns out, Diaby took a skate blade near his groin that cut deep enough into his leg that it was an inch away from cutting his femoral artery. He required initial surgery to patch it up and a secondary surgery to deal with an infection due to internal bleeding that was occurring due to the deep wound left by the skate blade. Take that knowledge and re-apply it to the game Diaby had last night and give that man a standing ovation ASAP.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Damn, that nolook/ drop pass from Fiala to Gortz was filthy. Fiala looks like patty Kane out there. Do not want to trade . We don't have anyone that dynamic - including Forsberg

Btw Fiala Autocorrects to "Goals"

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Guy next to me was getting so frustrated with Fiala last night. He kept telling him to pass instead of dangling but when you can dangle past defenders it causes others to step up which opens up lanes for others. Fiala did that last night and it set up some good opportunities.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Slightly off topic question here: I noticed on the Admirals store website (Well, I think it's just the AHL website and the Ads section of the store) you can get a customized t-shirt jersey. Anyone know if you can get something like Fiala, Saros, etc or would that be some kind of licensing infringement? Or whatever.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Slightly off topic question here: I noticed on the Admirals store website (Well, I think it's just the AHL website and the Ads section of the store) you can get a customized t-shirt jersey. Anyone know if you can get something like Fiala, Saros, etc or would that be some kind of licensing infringement? Or whatever.

I just clicked on that and typed Saros and 74 and it went through successfully, so I would imagine it would be okay. It probably wouldn't be okay if they were selling actual jersey t-shirts of players for like $40 and these for $25 and you tried to save $15 by putting the name and number of the player you want on the cheaper t-shirt.

Are you on twitter? I'd ask the Admirals and the AHL just to be sure.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Russia advances to the finals to face Finland. Kamenev awarded as the best player of the tournament for Russia (don't know why they awarded it already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad