In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Dougherty and Gortz are basically throwaway prospects. Aberg and Arvidsson, for example, are both considerably higher upside guys.

Yeah, they are but Gortz is tearing it up in AHL and has no value. I like what I'm seeing from Dougherty in the WHL and D's usually take longer to develop. Also, we don't have any other D prospects and he carries no value.

As for the two Swedes they have value but I highly doubt Aberg' going to be anything. Same with Arvidsson. But the difference between them they actually have value so they could be used in a trade. + If Vesey joins us we are overloaded on the wings.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Dougherty is not a throw away prospect.

He was bad at Wisconsin..granted, the program is in shambles, but in his first year as an old junior, those in Portland I've talked to have said "decent offensive defenseman, needs serious help defensively."

I'd be surprised if he ends up in the NHL. He was a high a draft pick that isn't on a good growth trajectory at the moment.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
There was a comment on NBC sports the other night about Wilson. They asked Laviolette about Wilson and he said he was doing all the right things, just not getting the results and that he was happy with his overall play. Just a little FYI.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
There was a comment on NBC sports the other night about Wilson. They asked Laviolette about Wilson and he said he was doing all the right things, just not getting the results and that he was happy with his overall play. Just a little FYI.

He certainly has over the last several weeks.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Kamenev's Russia won their group and face Denmark in the quarterfinals tomorrow. TSN's Button listed the best players in the group stage and Kamenev was on that list. Kamenev cleaning up good.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Dougherty and Gortz are basically throwaway prospects. Aberg and Arvidsson, for example, are both considerably higher upside guys.

I don't know about Doughtery. I haven't seen him on TV since his Wisconsin days. I was not impressed by him or the team during his tenure in Madison.

I would say that you have the other three flipped around. I have seen about 12 Admirals games in person this season and about 20 last season. Aberg isn't doing as well this year in the AHL. Gortz has caught fire. In the recent 3-0 victory, Gortz had 1G and 2A, so he was involved in all of the goals scored by Milwaukee.

BTW, Max Reinhart leads Milwaukee with 10 goals so far.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Just for Kamenev' sake we could draft his linemate from the WJC's RW Maxim Lazarev. Small winger who is fast and has silky mitts. Could see him go like 3rd/4th round. They have a great chemistry. Also, Lazarev is playing in the Q so he wouldn't have to adjust to small rink anymore.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
Kamenev is awesome! I think he won every faceoff in the 3rd period and OT. Really pleased to see him have such a good tournament with Russia and moving on to the next round!

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
When I have looked at Russia's games in this tournament I'm really happy with what I've seen. Kamenev is really responsible, dominating faceoffs, rotates PP also he is a good front of the goal.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
When I have looked at Russia's games in this tournament I'm really happy with what I've seen. Kamenev is really responsible, dominating faceoffs, rotates PP also he is a good front of the goal.

I agree with you my only fear is that he becomes "too" responsible and we waste his offensive potential and turn him into a 3rd line defensive machine.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hey guys! Can anyone give me a scouting report in Novak? He's doing really well as a freshman 12 points in 16 games!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can't say enough about Saros. He's so calm and positionally sound. He won the game for the Ads tonight who looked like they were sleepwalking throughout pretty much the whole game but especially the first 5 minutes of the 1st period and the entire 3rd period.

The Diaby/Nakyva defense pairing was a disaster tonight. They must have spent 2 minutes straight in the defensive zone. Couldn't even clear the puck out, much less clear it out far enough to get a change.

Heard several boos for Ryan Suter when they showed him on the jumbotron of former Admirals players. Thought you guys might like that.

Fiala still needs to work on hustling as he floats a bit but he's so much better than he was at the beginning of the year and he's typically the most talented player on the ice and he showed that tonight with some good stick handling to keep the puck in the offensive zone several times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad