In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
??? Gortz is 6'2" and over 200 pounds and is tied for the team scoring lead with 9G 15A and +1 in 34 games. He plays RW, but is larger than all of the Preds centers.
Max Gortz 6'2" 202 lbs.
is not bigger than 3 of our 4 centers

Ryan Johansen 6'3" 218
Mike Fisher 6'1" 216
Paul Gaustad 6'4" 227

He is bigger than Mike Ribeiro though.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
As ads roundtable says, this is news... Fiala nearly made it out of training camp? He didn't even come close the final cut.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What a terrible goalie :sarcasm: I mean the world's worst.

Seriously though. Looks like Maz isn't half bad.

Maz has his Save percentage over 90%. He was running around 88% most of the season.

He may be the best #2 goalie in the AHL at the moment, but he is #2 on the Ads.

Saros has been quite impressive for a first year NA pro player!

Saros is 14-5-0 and Mazenec is 10-8-2 with nearly identical stats. Maz is better than last season. He has competition and it shows in his play.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Max Gortz 6'2" 202 lbs.
is not bigger than 3 of our 4 centers

Ryan Johansen 6'3" 218
Mike Fisher 6'1" 216
Paul Gaustad 6'4" 227

He is bigger than Mike Ribeiro though.

From HockeyDB, other Nashville players listed as Centers:
Craig Smith 6'1" 208 - roughly the same size, an inch shorter
Calle Jarnkrok 5'11' 186 - smaller

Since you added the new guy:
Cody Hodgson 6'0" 191 - waivers to Milwaukee - smaller

Fiala 5"10" 193 - Called up and smaller
Cody Bass 6"0" 205 - Called up and shorter

BTW: They have Gaustad listed at 6'5" 227, but I have lost an inch in height at my advanced age, which is more than Gaustad's 33 years!

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I know nothing about Freddy Gaudreau. Anyone care to enlighten me?

He is Milwaukee's Most Improved Player so far this season. He was also rated as the Best Forward and Most Impressive Player according to the Admirals Roundtable Mid-Season report. See below.

89, Frédérick Gaudreau: Hearing the news that this guy signed an NHL deal has been one of the real highlights of the Admirals season for a very simple reason: the developmental process works. Gaudreau was an undrafted free-agent signing by the Admirals two summers ago, spent his first pro season last year split between the AHL and ECHL but mainly was a healthy scratch in Milwaukee, was brought back for this season, and has exploded.

There hasn’t been a better example of a player seizing an opportunity and rising to the occasion on the Admirals roster this season than Gaudreau. He was a healthy scratch on opening night. He started out as a fourth line winger. He shuffled up the deck on and on until team captain Sissons was recalled by the Predators. Who assumed that role Sissons played? Gaudreau. How did he play? Insane. Whether he was operating as top line center, on the power-play taking faceoffs and contributing, working top penalty kill unit with Girard, or being one of the top man penciled in for the Admirals to win shootouts – he did everything and everything well.

Gaudreau has been leading the Admirals in scoring for awhile now and currently finds himself in a tie for the team lead with Görtz. One of those guys would have made some of sense to hear attached to that title a year out last season. Though, I imagine most would have taken the Swede of those two options. That’s a massive credit to how much work Gaudreau has put in and him signing that NHL contract with the Predators is hopefully the first of many rewards to come. Seeing players work as hard as Gaudreau is something everyone can cheer on: from undrafted to AHL/ECHL playing time to an NHL contract. That doesn’t happen by accident. (Grade: A)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Smith is not a center he plays wing, Jarnkrok is playing wing. So what I said was correct

Complain to the Hockeydb.com

You ignored Hodgson. :huh:
Was he also not a Center while in Nashville?

Both Fiala and Bass played Center in Milwaukee. Whether they do so in Nashville remains to be seen.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Smith is not a center he plays wing, Jarnkrok is playing wing. So what I said was correct

Complain to the Hockeydb.com

You ignored Hodgson. :huh:
Was he also not a Center while in Nashville?

Both Fiala and Bass played Center in Milwaukee. Whether they do so in Nashville remains to be seen.

Cody Hodgson was a center for the first 10 or so games and a wing the rest of the year. And the only center play any of these guys get would be to take a faceoff if someone gets thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad