In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I say let Fiala and Kamenev be in the AHL this season unless there is injury problems. Let them do "Forsbergs" next season.

Wow, Kamenev is a beast, we'll still win today :). He's so good at everything, his shot should've been his "weakness".

Agreed with Bon, Kamenev turning out to be a steal in the 2nd round.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Kamenev gets a game misconduct and is ejected after the Fins took the lead in the last few minutes. Smashed his stick on his way into the penalty box. I don't blame him. He got hit from behind which was borderline without a call. Tough call as the captain. Shouldn't take away from the good tournament he's had though.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Kamenev gets a game misconduct and is ejected after the Fins took the lead in the last few minutes. Smashed his stick on his way into the penalty box. I don't blame him. He got hit from behind which was borderline without a call. Tough call as the captain. Shouldn't take away from the good tournament he's had though.

Yep, these refs were a joke.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That's actually the kind of fire you like to see. World championship slips through your fingers at the last moment, I can understand being fired up. But at the same time he just deprived his team of their best player when the still had a couple of minutes to try to tie things up, so hopefully he also learns a lesson.

I wouldn't mind Poile waiving Hodgson and bringing up Kamanev.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That's actually the kind of fire you like to see. World championship slips through your fingers at the last moment, I can understand being fired up. But at the same time he just deprived his team of their best player when the still had a couple of minutes to try to tie things up, so hopefully he also learns a lesson.

I wouldn't mind Poile waiving Hodgson and bringing up Kamanev.
Or just send Arvidsson back down. Heck, do both and let's call up Fiala too.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
FWIW, he didn't hit the official. He hit a flapboard that was in the official's hand. Doesn't make it better but still.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Kamenev, this not good...

Reminds me too much of Radulov.
62496484.jpg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
FWIW, he didn't hit the official. He hit a flapboard that was in the official's hand. Doesn't make it better but still.

Yea talk about being way off. It's not like the Fiala incident where nobody could watch on tv and relied on twitter. It's on major networks. He didn't even act aggressive towards any of the refs. Upset, sure.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Is it bad I forgot we had arvidsson up here? ?
Nah, just remember the last guy that wasn't Nystrom getting knocked down, I'm pretty sure whatever game it was, it was Arvidsson.

I'm not a forwards need to develop in the AHL guy so I'm biased. I'd like to see Fiala and Kamenev up.

BTW, that terrible penalty, wasn't much, he slammed his stick against the boards, happens all the time.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

I don't know, looks like he indeed hit the penalty box official's hand. He meant to hit his clipboard, but caught his hand. Either that or the official was faking injury. You have to give the official benefit of doubt here.

Certainly isn't doomsday for him (and Radulov comparisons are way off), but not something you want to see. Good lesson for him I hope

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Okay, I may have overreacted a little bit by comparing Kamenev to Rads but it doesn't paint a pretty picture of Kamenev. He is the captain of the team and they were down 2-3 with 3 minutes left and he does that. Hopefully, he learns from that and never repeats that. Stupid, stupid move by him.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
Okay, I may have overreacted a little bit by comparing Kamenev to Rads but it doesn't paint a pretty picture of Kamenev. He is the captain of the team and they were down 2-3 with 3 minutes left and he does that. Hopefully, he learns from that and never repeats that. Stupid, stupid move by him.

You said it.. Was watching the game with my friends and it surely wasn't fun when they all figured out which NHL team has drafted Kamenev. Awesome tournament but that kind of stupid act just takes all the fun out of it.. As a captain and maybe the best player of the team you just can't do that, EVER.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I still don't know what the first penalty that sent him in his rage was for. It just said unsportsmanlike. They scored and he gets a penalty. What did he do? Start running his mouth or something? I was at work so I obviously could not watch the game, only saw the clip where he hit the boards with his stick on twitter.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You said it.. Was watching the game with my friends and it surely wasn't fun when they all figured out which NHL team has drafted Kamenev. Awesome tournament but that kind of stupid act just takes all the fun out of it.. As a captain and maybe the best player of the team you just can't do that, EVER.

Yep, my friends were too giving me some heat about Kamenev :laugh:. Heck of a tournament from him, though. He has all the skills in the world just has to get his head straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad