In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I still don't know what the first penalty that sent him in his rage was for. It just said unsportsmanlike. They scored and he gets a penalty. What did he do? Start running his mouth or something? I was at work so I obviously could not watch the game, only saw the clip where he hit the boards with his stick on twitter.

Yep, he ran his mouth. I understand why, Russia was on the PK he tried to clear the puck but was tripped (terrible non-call) and Finland scored. Then he just lost it.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
I still don't know what the first penalty that sent him in his rage was for. It just said unsportsmanlike. They scored and he gets a penalty. What did he do? Start running his mouth or something? I was at work so I obviously could not watch the game, only saw the clip where he hit the boards with his stick on twitter.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I can give him a pass given the situation. If he does this in some random AHL game, it's a problem. Last minute of a gold medal game and you feel like you were tripped and got no call and the other team scores.. yeah, I'd probably have got thrown out too

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Borrowed from another thread:

I don't know if this true but Bragin have said: "Kamenev just have wanted to ask about the penalty refs did not call against Finns and ref have given him a penalty only because he asked."

Rage was after that.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It wasn't ergregious, but it wasn't as innocent as "asking".

"He asked the referee to be more attentive," said Kamenev through a translator.

"Open your eyes," said Kamenev loudly after his interpreter finished speaking.

Even then, that type of stuff gets said all the time in the NHL. You don't want to encourage it, but I'm surprised he got tossed if it was for anything other than the stick break.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Kamenev apologized about this whole situation, and the official said he doesn't hold any grudge against Kamenev. The official said that those things just happened and Kamenev didn't intend to hurt him, it was just bad luck.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
it happens.

call up Kamenev now please.

Milwaukee has been shut out twice in the last 4 games. They need his offense. The Admirals fans don't want a repeat of last year! Salomaki was hurt and out for the season the same day that Leipsic got traded. It killed the team and they didn't make the playoffs for only the second time in their 15 years in the AHL.

Oh, I forgot that they stopped playing Hellberg and kept playing Mazanec the last 2 months of the season. They won about 3 games in that stretch.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Milwaukee has been shut out twice in the last 4 games. They need his offense. The Admirals fans don't want a repeat of last year! Salomaki was hurt and out for the season the same day that Leipsic got traded. It killed the team and they didn't make the playoffs for only the second time in their 15 years in the AHL.

Oh, I forgot that they stopped playing Hellberg and kept playing Mazanec the last 2 months of the season. They won about 3 games in that stretch.

No offense but if he makes the big club bigger and you guys miss the playoffs so be it. I know you don't want to hear that but your team is to develop for the big club and we're going to take assets as we see fit. Sorry bud.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Milwaukee has been shut out twice in the last 4 games.

7 games in 11 days might have something to do with it. The team looked exhausted last night.

Doesn't really make sense to call up Kamenev right now anyways. With Johansen, Ribeiro, Fisher and Gaustad and then Jarnkrok now on the wing, it doesn't really make sense.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
7 games in 11 days might have something to do with it. The team looked exhausted last night.

Doesn't really make sense to call up Kamenev right now anyways. With Johansen, Ribeiro, Fisher and Gaustad and then Jarnkrok now on the wing, it doesn't really make sense.

Yep agreed, we are set in the middle. Calling up Fiala would make sense, though. He could be the option for our top-9, we wouldn't have to waste any assets.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Saros got beat out by Michael Leighton of Flyers Stanley Cup fame and Connor Hellebuyck, who you guys are all too familiar with.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Saros got beat out by Michael Leighton of Flyers Stanley Cup fame and Connor Hellebuyck, who you guys are all too familiar with.

how did Hellebuyck make it when he is with the big team now? That would be like the AHL naming Salomaki to the team.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
how did Hellebuyck make it when he is with the big team now? That would be like the AHL naming Salomaki to the team.

They just name the all-stars. If Hellebuyck is still with the Jets at the time of the AHL all-star game, they'll likely pick a replacement and Saros would be the one they take I would think since they pick by divisions.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
You said it.. Was watching the game with my friends and it surely wasn't fun when they all figured out which NHL team has drafted Kamenev. Awesome tournament but that kind of stupid act just takes all the fun out of it.. As a captain and maybe the best player of the team you just can't do that, EVER.

can I introduce you to the guy wearing an A for us, Mr. James Neal. Sure, it's an A, not the C, but that's a slight difference relative to what you're talking about.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
can I introduce you to the guy wearing an A for us, Mr. James Neal. Sure, it's an A, not the C, but that's a slight difference relative to what you're talking about.

Not the same thing, cause everyone here watches the games when Finland plays and the officials hand is now so famous, it is still makes the headlines :shakehead

Also to answer to your point, if I would decide Neal would never wear A for the Preds. It belongs to Josi as he is leading by example. But that is just my opinion anyways.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That still annoys me. I maintain that the only "A" that should be on Neal's jersey should be the one on his nameplate.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
görtz is doing good? could he not be a future nhl player?

Could Alm be an NHL player?

Gortz is tearing it up in the AHL he may get a look this year if there are injuries. If he can continue to play like that, with size of his I think he can be max 3rd liner in the NHL. Time will tell.

Don't really know about Alm he's in the AHL and it's unlikely that he'll get a call-up or become an NHL'er.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Gortz is tearing it up in the AHL he may get a look this year if there are injuries. If he can continue to play like that, with size of his I think he can be max 3rd liner in the NHL. Time will tell.

Don't really know about Alm he's in the AHL and it's unlikely that he'll get a call-up or become an NHL'er.

??? Gortz is 6'2" and over 200 pounds and is tied for the team scoring lead with 9G 15A and +1 in 34 games. He plays RW, but is larger than all of the Preds centers.

Are you looking for a Legion of Doom sized player? Lindros was 6'4" and 240. John LeClair 6'3" and 225, Mikael Renberg 6"2" and 235 pounds.

Alm has been hurt and is hard to evaluate. He has good size, but may be a step slow.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
??? Gortz is 6'2" and over 200 pounds and is tied for the team scoring lead with 9G 15A and +1 in 34 games. He plays RW, but is larger than all of the Preds centers.

Are you looking for a Legion of Doom sized player? Lindros was 6'4" and 240. John LeClair 6'3" and 225, Mikael Renberg 6"2" and 235 pounds.

Alm has been hurt and is hard to evaluate. He has good size, but may be a step slow.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Let me rephrase that: He may not have the skill to be a top-6 guy but with his size he can be an effective 3rd liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino