I'm disappointed that I won't get to watch McDavid in the playoffs

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Hahaha, nice.

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for players that don't make it. How does anyone with any sort of intelligence, hitch their wagon to a team that has been a laughing stock from upper management down to the AHL? You hitch your wagon to that, enjoy the ride and the fun that comes with it.
I dunno if i’m from Edmonton i’m an Oiler fan just as I should be.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I live in the United States and am a cord-cutter with PS Vue. I don't get to see him play all that often. It occurred to me while looking through the threads gauging interest in the various series that I would have been perhaps most excited seeing the Oilers against any of the other West playoff teams for McDavid (and Drai).

100% don't intend this as a flame or any commentary on Edmonton. I'm just simply sad I won't get a chance to focus on the best player in the world over a seven-game series (or multiple ones).

It doesn't matter that you live in the United States. It doesn't matter that you're a cord cutter. You have a computer. You can watch every single McDavid game if you want. As for not making the playoffs, well you'll just have to be patient as will he.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm sure he'll get back to the playoffs sooner or later
In the meantime, enjoy Crosby, Ovi, Kuch, etc.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
The oilers need to finally win the lottery. A number one overall pick could really change the trajectory of that team and give them something to work with

Reactions: torniojaws and TCIH

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
[Mod]

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for players that don't make it. How does anyone with any sort of intelligence, hitch their wagon to a team that has been a laughing stock from upper management down to the AHL? You hitch your wagon to that, enjoy the ride and the fun that comes with it.

Because they are from Edmonton and/or have historically been fans.

Do you think you’d be a Penguins fan if you lived in Edmonton?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Watching 3-6 elite players game is much better than only 1 super star.

How much of McDavid do you watch? Honest question, this isn't really something that can be right or wrong because it's something that is completely a matter of personal opinion and enjoyment, but I think watching McDavid and his terrible Oilers is as enjoyable as watching any team in the league. That's how good he is.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

I think he was talking about McDavid, not the fans.

As in, McDavid was stupid to sign a 8 year contract ("hitch their wagon") to a team that has been a joke for the last decade and shows very little signs of improving.

Also, the one playoff appearance McDavid did have he ghosted. We have no idea if he can maintain his level of play when the games are more meaningful and the competition is playing their best every night.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Definitely, I started as a Lemieux fan, being in Pittsburgh made me, if anything, like the Steelers and Pirates after the fact. Lemieux is why I got into the Penguins in the early 80's.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Trust me, we'll be watching him in the playoffs for the next decade. Their prospect pipeline is deep. Pain is the calm before the storm. As a wise man once said, failure is the key to success.
This is only going to increase his drive, focus and hunger

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I live in the United States and am a cord-cutter with PS Vue. I don't get to see him play all that often. It occurred to me while looking through the threads gauging interest in the various series that I would have been perhaps most excited seeing the Oilers against any of the other West playoff teams for McDavid (and Drai).

100% don't intend this as a flame or any commentary on Edmonton. I'm just simply sad I won't get a chance to focus on the best player in the world over a seven-game series (or multiple ones).
Let me introduce you to the concept of an entry draft. The worst team gets the best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad