I'm disappointed that I won't get to watch McDavid in the playoffs

Johannes de Silentio

Aug 6, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I live in the United States and am a cord-cutter with PS Vue. I don't get to see him play all that often. It occurred to me while looking through the threads gauging interest in the various series that I would have been perhaps most excited seeing the Oilers against any of the other West playoff teams for McDavid (and Drai).

100% don't intend this as a flame or any commentary on Edmonton. I'm just simply sad I won't get a chance to focus on the best player in the world over a seven-game series (or multiple ones).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agreed. Any league it’s at it’s best when it’s best players are winning championships. I said the same back before the 2016 season started, that it’ll be a real let down (even as a Hawks fan) if Crosby and Malkin don’t start winning Cups

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
I'm not, if McDavid stays with Edmonton long enough I'm sure they'll eventually bring a cup home or at least contend for one. I'd rather they stay in a basement well my team is finally rounding into a contender.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Agreed. Any league it’s at it’s best when it’s best players are winning championships. I said the same back before the 2016 season started, that it’ll be a real let down (even as a Hawks fan) if Crosby and Malkin don’t start winning Cups

Crosby and Malkin went to 2 straight finals including 1 cup before Toews and Kane were on the map. How could that be considered a let down to anyone?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Crosby and Malkin went to 2 straight finals including 1 cup before Toews and Kane were on the map. How could that be considered a let down to anyone?

Because going into the 2016 season, the Hawks had won 3 Cups, the Kings won 2, the Bruins won one and had another finals appearance. Meanwhile the Penguins with the two best players in the world, made it to the ECF once since they last won a Cup SEVEN years prior.

The best players are supposed to win championships. I don’t think it’s too much of a reach to suggest that Pens fans would be at least a little let down if Crosby and Malkin retired while only bringing one Cup to Pittsburgh

HOF Paul Henderson

Jan 16, 2019
You can’t fix an organization over night. That kind of GM magic is extremely rare.

If he stays with Edmonton and they develop some decent players from within the organization, and get themselves a good goalie, he’ll be making the playoffs in 3 - 5 years.

Feels like forever but if he sticks with it and they win a cup he will be a hero in that city until the end of time. He could get Alberta digging for solar panels instead of oil.

Whatever. There’s a lot of pressure on him to leave. I don’t feel a lot of pressure on him to stick it out, so he probably will leave, but they could fix still things up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeGrier99

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Because going into the 2016 season, the Hawks had won 3 Cups, the Kings won 2, the Bruins won one and had another finals appearance. Meanwhile the Penguins with the two best players in the world, made it to the ECF once since they last won a Cup SEVEN years prior.

The best players are supposed to win championships. I don’t think it’s too much of a reach to suggest that Pens fans would be at least a little let down if Crosby and Malkin retired while only bringing one Cup to Pittsburgh

As a Pens fan, yes it would have been a shame to have them only win one cup in the Crosby/Malkin era.

It’s also a shame that C-Mac isn’t in the playoffs for more fans to see play but hey, this isn’t charity, you have to win.

Reactions: klozge

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Although I didn’t enjoy watching McDavid eliminate my team in last year’s playoffs, I agree 100%. He is the best player in the NHL, one of the best players of all time, and it’s a shame we don’t get to see him when the stakes are at their highest.

It’s a great thing that the X-Rays on his knees came back negative. A healthy, dominant McDavid is great for the game of hockey and anybody who doesn’t agree just doesn’t watch him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well it’s useless to watch him if he has no talent around him. If you put talent around him? Then yeah it’ll be fun. But the current Oilers team? No, would be boring.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
I could care less about watching McDavid

Good to know that you care to some degree. Where would you say you fall on the caring continuum?

kY5ePwi.png

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Yep. There’s another level that players often reach in the postseason and it’s shame that we can’t watch McDavid on the biggest stage.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
[Mod]

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for players that don't make it. How does anyone with any sort of intelligence, hitch their wagon to a team that has been a laughing stock from upper management down to the AHL? You hitch your wagon to that, enjoy the ride and the fun that comes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad