"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
If Alfie retires, his number goes with him. No one else ever wears number 11 in Ottawa again. If he comes back, he's welcomed back with open arms. Either way, Some part of this team will always belong to Alfie.

Looking forward to next season. The boys will be better.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good point on Turris. He took a lot of grief at times, but he was one of the few bright spots in this series.

A word on goaltending - I would give Lehner EVERY opportunity to earn more starts next year. Competition is good for everyone, and I think Andy will play better if he knows that Lehner can, and will, take starts from him. I would like to see Lehner play at least 30 games next season.

On Gonchar - time to let him walk. We have lots of young depth on D, and Gonchar would just be taking ice time from a player who needs it. Again, when we finally hoist the Cup, Gonchar won't be there. Cody Ceci might be...

WhiteLight*

Barney%2BStinson%2BQuotes.png

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Agree with Turris comments. He just has to get stronger so he can win more battles, if he does that I think he will be a very very good player for the sens

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Over the course of these playoffs I've grown more respect for this team than I ever have before. I've been a hardcore fan since about 2005, so I've watched through some of the best and darkest times of the franchise (2008-2011) and I've never been more proud of the team or to call myself a Sens fan. Go Sens Go!

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
A word on goaltending - I would give Lehner EVERY opportunity to earn more starts next year. Competition is good for everyone, and I think Andy will play better if he knows that Lehner can, and will, take starts from him. I would like to see Lehner play at least 30 games next season.

You think Andy can improve on a .940 save percentage next season b/c he's worried about Lehner taking his job?

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Tremendous season. Was a treat to watch the team game in game out with their hard work and never quit attitude throughout the season despite being hit hard by injuries to key players. This season was a great learning experience for the young players, and will only benefit them long term.

Next year should be even better to watch. Spezza, Karlsson and Cowen should all be back to 100% and will hopefully regain their old forms. Young guys like Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Conacher, and Pageau could all have breakout seasons.

I'm quite certain Alfie will be back next year. He still has what it takes to play in this league and as many people have mentioned already, the opportunity to represent his country again in next year's winter Olympics should greatly factor into his decision to return for at least one more season.

Once again, great season, and looking forward to next year. This team has a very bright future and will be exciting to watch for years to come! :yo:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't blame them for losing, but losing the last two games the way they did was inexcusable.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
So proud of this team. I'm glad we're making progress every year.

Hope Alfi is back and I hope they stay healthy next year.

WhiteLight*

Hey look guys I found a Paulrus smiley. The huge yawn is a bit weird but whatever

:walrus:

ShoShaun19

Mar 30, 2012
Ottawa
Sad to see the season come to an end, it was a great ride! So proud to be a Sens fan, and to be a part of a rebuild that has seen us make the playoffs 2 years in a row and continue to learn and grow! The future looks bright :handclap:

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
I don't blame them for losing, but losing the last two games the way they did was inexcusable.

Hold up a sec, obviously it was an ugly way to lose, but think about 1) how many guys are still rusty from injury and 2) how many of our injury fill-ins have been playing professional hockey since September and are likely under 23 years old? 3) Pittsburgh is a ****ing juggernaut and are really starting to find chemistry after adding some significant pieces at the deadline.

It sucks, but our guys are ultra-gassed, they put up the best fight they could all year long and just ran into a wall. It happens, I'm disappointed at the way it ended but to say it's inexcusable, after everything they accomplished, is a bit much don't you think?

So proud of my team and really, really optimistic (I gotta check myself sometimes, I get carried away) for our future. I hope they all take a well-deserved break, train hard over the summer and come back ready to dominate in the fall.

As for Alfie, O Captain, My Captain. You still have one more excellent year in you, and probably one or two more good ones after that. You can't leave me yet baby, I ain't ready for it.

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
The kids will learn a lot from this and a full summer of good training will help them next year.

The best consolidation is we went further again than any other Canadian Team and show why we can have a smile on our face at the whole year we had.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I can't be more proud!!

We have a team that is in a second year of a rebuild, playing a team that has been rebuilding for years, and threw all their eggs into one basket for the best they could get this year.

This team has gone against all odds all year. And they've been amazing to see!!

First off, this is going to be amazing experience for the new kids. The ugly defeat and all, will just drive this team to work harder and harder over the summer.

This highlights our weaknesses and where we need to tweak to make us from a bubble team to a truly contending team.

This season shows us how amazing our coaching staff is as well.

It also shows how great our fans are!

This series may have been frustrating, but it showed the kids how good they need to be to win. And they can work to be that way for the summer. Its been a rough year, and people stepped it up, were thrown together, never got a chance to get comfortable with where they were. Some players went up and down to different leagues, some others flip flopped all over different lines, and many played above their heads due to necessity.

We've got a great team ahead of us, and I've never been more proud to be a Sens fan!

Can't wait to see where we take it!! GO SENS GO!!!

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
The kids will learn a lot from this and a full summer of good training will help them next year.

The best consolidation is we went further again than any other Canadian Team and show why we can have a smile on our face at the whole year we had.

The Second year in a row we made it further than any other Canadian team!!

Honestly, we need to look at the improvements we've made each year over the last few years. Its been great.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hold up a sec, obviously it was an ugly way to lose, but think about 1) how many guys are still rusty from injury and 2) how many of our injury fill-ins have been playing professional hockey since September and are likely under 23 years old? 3) Pittsburgh is a ****ing juggernaut and are really starting to find chemistry after adding some significant pieces at the deadline.

It sucks, but our guys are ultra-gassed, they put up the best fight they could all year long and just ran into a wall. It happens, I'm disappointed at the way it ended but to say it's inexcusable, after everything they accomplished, is a bit much don't you think?

So proud of my team and really, really optimistic (I gotta check myself sometimes, I get carried away) for our future. I hope they all take a well-deserved break, train hard over the summer and come back ready to dominate in the fall.

As for Alfie, O Captain, My Captain. You still have one more excellent year in you, and probably one or two more good ones after that. You can't leave me yet baby, I ain't ready for it.

Lots of teams deal with injuries during the playoffs. Lots of teams' players are exhausted. Doesn't mean they can't at least show a little more composure in situations like this.

I didn't expect the Sens to win this series, but to be blown out in two consecutive games, including the elimination game is not something that the team should be complacent with, even if the overall season is a success.

They could have done better in the past two games. They should have done better. Maybe not a win, but two blowouts? Come on.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Lots of teams deal with injuries during the playoffs. Lots of teams' players are exhausted. Doesn't mean they can't at least show a little more composure in situations like this.

I didn't expect the Sens to win this series, but to be blown out in two consecutive games, including the elimination game is not something that the team should be complacent with, even if the overall season is a success.

They could have done better in the past two games. They should have done better. Maybe not a win, but two blowouts? Come on.

I personally think it was the youth factor.

How many rookies did we have play?? It really is crazy.

Yes we could have played better. But wow, get over it and be proud of the team. They messed up royally like twice this whole year, and you are mad.

This is a learning experience. And win or lose, this is exactly what this series was going to be. Being blown out, hopefully, drives these players to just work hard and get that killer instinct we've been missing. Ad maybe also gets our organization to get a sniper like winger.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Av overachieving season.

The Pens are a mature product and cup contenders, the Sens with this roster is just starting and nobody knows how high the ceiling is. These playoffs is just more experience for the boatload of rookies and young players.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
I'm disappointed, but hardly surprised that the Senators lost out to the Penguins in this series. I am happy that they weren't swept. I do feel badly for the team and for Anderson, that the scores were so lop-sided in the last two games.

I hope Alfie plays another year, and that our injured players who returned for the playoffs....have a summer to train and get back to 100% for next season.

All in all, it was a great season. Had I been asked during the dark times when our star players were dropping like flies with injuries if I would be happy a second round playoff loss to the Pens, I would have said....absolutely! I also would have said.....it ain't going to happen though. But...it did. The Pesky Sens achieved what nobody thought they could, through so many injuries and with young AHL call-ups.

Go Sens Go!!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The highlight of this game is really the end of a spectacular career for Daniel Alfredsson. Ottawa thanks you for a long and dedicated sens career...Thank you for the memories and all the great moments. I was there when you played your first sens game and there to see you finish your career tonight. I hope the organization does the classy thing and retires his number 11 in his honour.

There not going to retire 11,
Phoenix, Hugo, Loui & William, will be all fighting to wear that number when there playing for this team

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Never has a Sens team overachieved this much. They went beyond all expectations, fought adversity of all kinds, and grew up right before our eyes. Very proud of this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad