"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
A little early yet (game not yet over), but this team needs to be applauded and admired. The #peskysens never give up attitude, refusal to quit through all the injuries (and LONG term ones at that) to all of our best players, and through it all, we managed to not only make the playoffs, but in a higher seed than last year, bounce the disrespekful Habs in 5 games, and stay in it through at least part of the series against a stacked (and also dirty) Pens team.

The future looks very bright for this team, Alfie or no Alfie, and I just have to say, I LOVE THIS TEAM!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Pens are easing off again. Frustrating, because it makes it look like we just weren't trying earlier.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Leggo, it's gonna be a short but furious off-season. Alfie won't even have to train so he'll be right back at it.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Great season, showed lots of heart and earned a lot of rispeck.
Lots to be happy about this year, the future is very bright

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Didn't expect to make the playoffs going into the season, thought it was impossible when EK went down. Proved me wrong time after time and even won a round.

Awesome season. Really proud.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
This team is awesome, we can see what Injuries have taken us this year but really proud of those guys.

it'll really show where we stood next round if they kill the next team.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A very positive season and in spite of all the injuries, we won a round which is progress. Fans like to see that when your team is improving.

Pens were unreal, full marks to them and people saying that Ottawa should have played like NYI should give their heads a shake...the pens did not play like this last series!

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I think next season the pundits will have the Sens as playoff contenders finally rather than fighting for a playoff spot.

Good season for growth and development!!!

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
I'm proud of our team. I love what we've accomplished this year. We were taken down by arguably the best team in the league. Pittsburgh has a lot of great players: Iginla, Morrow, Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Dupuis. Anyway, can't wait for next year! Go Sens go!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Played hard, played clean til the final buzzer.

This team has more heart and character than all the other teams in the playoffs put together.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
One thing is for sure, we have much better and LOUDER fans!!

Congrats boys on a good season. Nothing to be ashamed of. Wish you would have had a bit more compete in round two but this season was entertaining as a whole.

We'll be back next year, better, stronger and ready to battle hard for the Title!!

Go Sens Go!

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
The highlight of this game is really the end of a spectacular career for Daniel Alfredsson. Ottawa thanks you for a long and dedicated sens career...Thank you for the memories and all the great moments. I was there when you played your first sens game and there to see you finish your career tonight. I hope the organization does the classy thing and retires his number 11 in his honour.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Didn't expect to make the playoffs going into the season, thought it was impossible when EK went down. Proved me wrong time after time and even won a round.

Awesome season. Really proud.

Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Thanks Sens. Thanks guys.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Sad end to a great year.

Not suprising Pittsburgh beat us soundly, but getting pumped in the last two games sucks for a team that worked so very hard and overachieved.

I'm very proud of the way the team forged on despite the injuries and breaking in new rookies. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to some changes in the summer and another step in the rebuild.

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2