"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

CordPara

May 16, 2013
Good series Sens fans. You will have a good team but still need to build and add a few pieces. Sens were just over-matched in this one. Nothing to hang your head about.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Just wanted to drop by and say after this season I respect your team more than any other. And respect the Pens the least, of course. Wish the Rangers ran things like your management.

Oh yeah, Free Gryba, lol.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
What a terrific year this has been. Even with continued/improved success down the line, the 2013 Sens are going be very special in many fans' memories, mine included. Can't remember a time I've been more proud of our team and the manor in which they won. Overachieved the whole season, played through countless injuries, and won on nothing but heart and hard work.

We had a bad exit and were outclassed by the most stacked team in the league, but we had a great first round (an upset no less), and as Mac says, this was an eye opener and learning experience for our young guys (so 90% of the team).

The season of the pesky Sens has been one of, if not my favourite season, and I can't wait for the next one!

Go :sens GO!! Thanks for the amazing season!

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I don't take the Pens series to hard. 6 rookies playing full-time minutes, some with very limited regular season play. Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek and Spezza returned from injury but did not have the core conditioning required and and it showed as the playoffs ground on.

Amazing to take out the Habs, beating the Pens right now is to much of a stretch.

Looking forward to next year. I want to see more of Hoffman to, size and speed is something the team needs.

TheRobinGoblin

May 15, 2013
Uppsala
I fell love with this team this season and have enjoyed watching them play. I am really looking forward to the next season, with the amount of talent thats on this team I think they can repeat this years success and hopefully do even better!

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
We were simply outplayed at every position. All in all I am very happy to see what this team accomplished this year and I can't wait to see what they can bring next season.

Go Sens Go.

NewfieSens

Nothin like a Newfie
Jan 24, 2013
Proud of the sens! Lots of positives from this year to build on.
Looking forward to next year already!
GO SENS GO!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thanks for having me the last couple of days. Enjoyed watching some Sens games this year. I wish you guys the best of luck in the offseason. Best fans in the league, I really mean that.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
What a great season to be proud of...

However, this series? Pah. Sure, the Pens are an offensive juggernaut, but to get blown out this much, more than once, is a bit of a joke. And its not a funny one either.

I was expecting a loss, but one that big? Team really needs to sort their **** out.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Here's hoping you have a fully healthy season next year with Alfie back for one last hurrah. Also would love to see him captain Sweden to a gold in Sochi :yo:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
If 2008 draft someone said Spezza would be the 3rd dominant player behind the our #1D and #1C, and if you said that'd be after Spezza gets better too, I'd say you were crazy.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Will Sens still be considered pesky next season if they're healthy? I would think more would be expected from the team and that they'd be the team to beat.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
I think this was the perfect season for the future. Lots of rookies got to play and develop + winning and loosing a playoff series. Very proud of the boys.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Lightning fan here.

Just wanted to say congrats to you guys. Yeah you got knocked out, but damn your boys play hard. And if there is any justice in the universe, your coach will win the Jack Adams. I am really NOT looking forward to having to being division rivals next season. The Sens are a legit playoff contender from now on as far as I can see. Scary!

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What a great season to be proud of...

However, this series? Pah. Sure, the Pens are an offensive juggernaut, but to get blown out this much, more than once, is a bit of a joke. And its not a funny one either.

I was expecting a loss, but one that big? Team really needs to sort their **** out.

I agree, Beville. Our defensive coverage was much softer than theirs, and they executed perfectly. When we did pressure their puck carriers, we lost the 1-on-1 battles. Their defensive play was aggressive and effective. Our players seemed to just cough up the puck at every challenge.

That could have been a difference in confidence level and experience at this level. Alfie and Spezza seemed to make much more of any puck possession than the rest. But I was surprise that Maclean wasn't able to get more playmaking out of them.

The difference was exemplified by the difference in Alfie's intercepted pass to a breaking Michalek in the first shift that was fluttery and intercepted; and the Neal pass to a breaking Malkin to send him on a breakaway at the end of the 2nd. They were executing precisely and skating into open ice while we we missing our marks and not breaking through defensive coverage.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Great season, considering all that we had to deal with this year.

Very proud of this team's ability to overcome a crap-ton of adversity. Big future for this team, it's quickly forming an identity of being scrappy, tough to play against, relentless, and well coached. We ran out of gas this year, but there were tons of positives, and the kids learned what it will take to get to the next level.

We're on the rise. It's exciting to have the privilege of watching this team for the next 5+ years and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00