"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
CBC could have tried harder on that Alfie video.

Needed his 400th goal, at least

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
This city has been spoiled with the teams we've had.

This year was no exception.
Lucky to have the type of Management staff we have.

Lots of respect from this poster.

#NeverForgetThePesky

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
@reporterchris
Erik Karlsson says he hasn't seen a team as good as the #pens since he played video games as a kid.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What a ****ing great season. No shame in losing to the best in the East, but it's too bad we couldn't give them more of a run.

In a sense, it's good that we didn't go further in this series. It gives Spezza, Karlsson, and anyone who's nursing ailments time to recover fully. We'll need a fully healthy crew next year -- we're going far.

From our home opener against Florida to our second-to-last home game, we showed the league that this isn't a team that quits when the going gets tough. Did we have the raw god-given talent of, say, Datsyuk? For the love of Alfie, not even close. But every single player on this team shouldered the load and came out of it smelling like roses.

Special kudos to Anderson, Bishop and Lehner to keeping us in games we had little business being kept in; to Methot, Benoit, Phillips and Wiercioch for seldom, if ever, looking out of place and consistently giving 100 per cent efforts; to Condra, Greening, Daugavins, Smith and Conacher for showing that when the going gets tough, we say **** YOU, GOING, WE'RE GONNA DO IT OUR WAY; to Turris, Michalek, Pageau, Silfverberg and Zibanejad for providing scoring that, while not as abundant as we'd have liked, was always timely; to Neil, Kassian, Cowen, Gryba and Dziurzynski for always answering the bell when someone tried to push us around; to Regin, O'Brien, Latendresse and Lundin for being the best damn press box attendants in the league.

And, of course, a massive shout-out to Alfredsson. I sure hope he hasn't played his last game for this team, but he's got his own future, his family and his kids to think about too. If he comes back, nobody will be as happy or excited as I will be. Regardless, if this was his last game, he's been the best damn captain anyone could ever hope for, and whoever follows will have massive skates to fill.

Lastly, to you guys. With seasons as intense as these, the discussions on here have rivalled that intensity. We've all had our differences of opinions, and every fanbase has its loose screws, but the bottom line is that there's no other fanbase on HF I'd rather have shared this season with than you guys and girls (yes, AndrePetersson, this means you.)

Cheers, everyone. Have a great off-season, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, and I really can't ****ing wait to watch these guys build chemistry together, grow together, improve together and win a Stanley Cup together.

Very well said. :handclap:

((hugs all around))

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
What a ****ing great season. No shame in losing to the best in the East, but it's too bad we couldn't give them more of a run.

In a sense, it's good that we didn't go further in this series. It gives Spezza, Karlsson, and anyone who's nursing ailments time to recover fully. We'll need a fully healthy crew next year -- we're going far.

From our home opener against Florida to our second-to-last home game, we showed the league that this isn't a team that quits when the going gets tough. Did we have the raw god-given talent of, say, Datsyuk? For the love of Alfie, not even close. But every single player on this team shouldered the load and came out of it smelling like roses.

Special kudos to Anderson, Bishop and Lehner to keeping us in games we had little business being kept in; to Methot, Benoit, Phillips and Wiercioch for seldom, if ever, looking out of place and consistently giving 100 per cent efforts; to Condra, Greening, Daugavins, Smith and Conacher for showing that when the going gets tough, we say **** YOU, GOING, WE'RE GONNA DO IT OUR WAY; to Turris, Michalek, Pageau, Silfverberg and Zibanejad for providing scoring that, while not as abundant as we'd have liked, was always timely; to Neil, Kassian, Cowen, Gryba and Dziurzynski for always answering the bell when someone tried to push us around; to Regin, O'Brien, Latendresse and Lundin for being the best damn press box attendants in the league.

And, of course, a massive shout-out to Alfredsson. I sure hope he hasn't played his last game for this team, but he's got his own future, his family and his kids to think about too. If he comes back, nobody will be as happy or excited as I will be. Regardless, if this was his last game, he's been the best damn captain anyone could ever hope for, and whoever follows will have massive skates to fill.

Lastly, to you guys. With seasons as intense as these, the discussions on here have rivalled that intensity. We've all had our differences of opinions, and every fanbase has its loose screws, but the bottom line is that there's no other fanbase on HF I'd rather have shared this season with than you guys and girls (yes, AndrePetersson, this means you.)

Cheers, everyone. Have a great off-season, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, and I really can't ****ing wait to watch these guys build chemistry together, grow together, improve together and win a Stanley Cup together.

Fantastic post! :handclap:

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton

Well said, Ass.:nod:

Stoked for the future.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
So proud of the Sens.

I admit I am pulling for the Pens because of Iginla. But damn... many things to fight through for this team but they persevered and got into the playoffs with key players out for long periods.

Heart, Character, and TEAM effort are the Senators. Pleasure to watch the Senators this year.
This team is going to be a fun team to watch in the coming years.. So much promise.

Be very proud of this team.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013

Very well said. :handclap: I love this team so much. Can't wait till next season already..

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
GO SENS GO... making round 2 was amazing for this team. The young guys learned a valuable lesson. We are on the upswing. good time to be sens fan!

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Best of luck Sens fans. You have a great young team that's exciting to watch and looking forward to a rematch next year. You guys have been great. Thank you!

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Yo know if dose oder fans want to come on er and not have any respeck, den tay really hav no business on dis site der! Now dats just classless!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
What a glorious way to **** up the tank effort!

Let's hope they lose the injuries, but keep the peskiness next year.

Thanks for a hell of a ride!

GOSENSGO!!!

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
They basically scrambled and found the all-star game highlights.

Exceedingly lame. The stoners in my journalism class could produce something more compelling just ripping **** from the internet.

Oh well. Hope it's not the last we see of Alfie.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Also, Turris had a pretty great playoffs. For all the **** he took in the regular season, he really stepped up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad